[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVERSPACE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: GNDq6u1.jpg (649KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
GNDq6u1.jpg
649KB, 2560x1440px
It's sitting at 83 metacritic right now.
So what's the /v/erdict?
>>
>>378205703
The combat gets pretty fucking boring and all the places feel the same
>>
>yet another roguelike
Don't care, it's a very tired meme genre that has time and time again proven to be boring and gimmicky. Procedural generation is the antithesis of variety.
>>
Needs more content.
>>
Needs mechs, we can travel with ease in space but we build aerodynamic bullshit? come on now..
>>
The fuck is this?
>>
is it fun?

>>378205898
>yet another roguelike
It's not a roguelike though.
>>
>>378209896
vidya gaem.
>>
>>378210235
For a second I thought it was part of EVE.
>>
>>378209896
Arcadey space shooter with rogue-lite elements.
Travel between systems like in FTL, shoot baddies, collect loot, buy/craft equipment, level up between runs.
Supposedly had a decent story which is voiceacted.

Looks fun, but I don't know if I should buy it.
>>
Freespace 2 would be a much better choice. This game is alright but it's not a deep experience
>>
>>378210325
Is it shit like FTL though, based completely on gear rather than skill?

>Don't do a 100% perfect run or get the right shit to cheese
>Get raped by the final boss
>>
>>378210397
Dunno, I only watched a couple of reviews regarding the game.

Heh, I though I was the only one on /v/ not sucking FTLs dick.
>>
>>378205703
3(three) ships
not roguelike at all
shit controls/camera
as deep as a puddle

not worth it
>>
>>378205703
>single player only
STOP DOING THIS SHIT, SPACE GAMES

It's like these faggots never played Freelancer's multiplayer with a friend
>>
>>378210750
Half the reason FL was gutted down was because they had to make it multiplayer-friendly.
>>
>>
SHALOMSPACE
>>
How is it compared to Starpoint Gemini Warlords?
>>
>>378205898
>Procedural generation is the antithesis of variety.
No.
>>
File: +.webm (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
+.webm
1MB, 853x480px
>>378209896
>>
>>378211595
How many interesting environments does that game have?
From youtube videos it looks like it would get repetitive fast.
>>
>>378210383
FS2 videos don't show much for features: 3rd person view, mouse control..

Everspace combat also might have fast gameplay, which is something to consider.
>>
File: 1d4[1].png (249KB, 548x398px) Image search: [Google]
1d4[1].png
249KB, 548x398px
>>378211930
You might add gud graphics.
>>
File: everspace.jpg (15KB, 386x109px) Image search: [Google]
everspace.jpg
15KB, 386x109px
To far gone to refund so I might as well help others.

Pros:
The game looks amazing. Ships, lighting, effects, its all very nice to look at. Flashy enough without an abundance of bloom and doom.
Sound quality is also rather nice. What little voice acting there is isn't a pile of shit.
The game is rather fun too. It is somewhat luck dependent, but as you play you unlock blueprints for the good weapons and then all you have to do is collect mats which are everywhere. So the longer you play the game the less and less luck dependent the game will get.
Combat is very face paced. Sometimes you zone into a sector and you're thrust straight into a 4 or 5v1 battle. Enemies are not varied at all so far, you either fight generic bad guy or outlaws. Occasionally I have come across bigger ships to fight, It's a pain in the ass to try and take them down, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to try.
I play with a controller, (damn arthritis,) and I don't really have to many complaints about the way the ships handle. There is a slight bit of auto aim, not sure if that's because I use a controller or if it's also for Kb&m. You've got to get your targeting reticle rather close to to your target lead before it will auto aim though, which is nice.

Cons:
The game is shallow, preferring to bloat game time with collectathons and upgrades rather than more story or more to do.
Only three ships with very different play styles means you're stuck with what you've got. You get a hybrid ship, a fast stealth ship that has high shield cap and low hull, and a bulky gunship with no shields and a high hull.

The game is not designed around an open world idea. The whole point of the game is, get a ship, get to the end. There's no way to vary from that and the game actively discourages you from scouring every single sector for every point of loot in it. I enjoy the game, but its probably not for everyone.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFo8MijLWNU
Looks fun, will probably buy it in the evening.
>>
>>378213187
>enemy variety
Saw some videos starring an ancient temples where you fight some sort of energy based lifeform.
But I guess there aren't many of those deviations from the norm.
>>
>>378205703
Combat gets really stale after a couple of hours.
Lots of empty space so you spend too long exploring between interest points.
Small amount of enemy variety and you'll always be up against 3~ enemies every encounter.
The upgrade system is pretty fucking boring.

I wouldn't even consider this a rogue-like. They just want you to die so they can pad out the hours and give you insignificant boosts that'll eventually help you finish the game.
>>
>>378213992
There could be a third enemy, I haven't gotten to sector 4 yet. Up till that point its just Okkar and outlaws. Well, G&B if you piss them off enough as well.
>>
>>378214094
>I wouldn't even consider this a rogue-like.
What tipped you off?
That it isn't tilebased and turn based? The persistent upgrades between runs?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.