/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say sorry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2926503-surge.jpg (140KB, 551x640px) Image search: [Google]
2926503-surge.jpg
140KB, 551x640px
>>
>>378205120
For What?
It was mediocre like I said it was going to be.
>>
>>378205613
Of course it was going to be a mediocre Souls Clone the moment it was first shown
>>
>>378205120
No, I'm still waiting for LoTF apology from the devs.
After that happens I might then consider to buy Surge when it hits bargain bin for <$10.
>>
I'm sorry. Now that the dust has settled it turns out it's not too bad.
>>
File: 1422003486850.jpg (145KB, 1280x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1422003486850.jpg
145KB, 1280x1074px
>>378205120
I'm sorry I let you down like that, wallet.
I should have known better.
>>
>five bosses
>>
>>378206336
But still not remotely good.
>>
>>378205120
Why? I didn't work on this game.
>>
File: 1.jpg (621KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
621KB, 1240x1754px
With roaring endorsement of anons like >>378206336 I'm sure it will sell millions.
>>
>>378205120
It was better than Lords of the Copied, but still pretty mediocre.
Nice theme at the start, completely devastated by lack of variety and shitty bosses. Only the first location and the start of the second have design besides corridor.
Shitty audiologs. Shit plot. Cliffhanger. All you did was basically a prologue for some other story.
Those who say it's hard are fucking pussies. I'm a complete faggot at Souls, but I've died once in the third area and twice in the fourth. That's all. Three deaths due to stunlock.
Glory kills for parts is a shit mechanic and the kill initiates momentarily, so I can just spam that shit constantly (there's even a heal boost, holy fuck)
It would be a solid 8 out of 10 if it was twice its size and much more interesting visually and mechanically, with more polished combat.
>>
I'm sorry you're game with McHuge armor and weapons is shit.
>>
>>378207151
I agree. Out of the obvious flaws in the combat system, story, world design and other gameplay mechanics and systems the things that made me hate it the most were:

>limb targetting, cutting, finishers
the devs literally jerked each other off to how great this system works and fits
in reality it's an awkward mechanic that is neither logical (like why can I only get the stuff I cut off while they live?) nor is it fun after a couple of times, it's just tedious
the finishers destroy the immersion and make things very easy
the stuff you get from cutting off is mostly shit and pointless anyway
it takes up a lot of buttons on the gamepad that could have been used for something else - but they just had to fuck up the controls
it's not much of a tactic since all you have is a binary decision between more dmg or more loot, that could have been realized with a more simple system
most of all, it's just a nother extra step for the player to take before every fight and just pads the overall short play time

>audio logs
it's like saying they were too fucking lazy to actually implement more npcs or more content and just replaced it with a shitty storybook - it's a game and things should be played not heared

>looping world, backtracking
fucking looping worlds and shortcuts are the biggest meme ever
it works for derp souls but that doesn't mean every game needs it
the worst part is the game making you backtrack to the beginning to loot some stupid chests they placed there but you can't get them until the end
when you do loot them, all you get is some shitty crap material that you don't really need or can just get somewhere else
nobody fucking likes going back just for that, yet the devs also jerked off each other to their great level design
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.