[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perfect JRPGs don't exi-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 3634_front.jpg (64KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
3634_front.jpg
64KB, 640x612px
Perfect JRPGs don't exi-
>>
>>378204370

-st.

That game was garbage, along with all JRPGs.
>>
>>378204890
ow, the edge
>>
>>378204890
Check the edge on this two-dimensional person!
>>
>>378204370
This game had a pretty weak story
>>
menu-driven, turn-based rpgs can never be perfect
>>
>>378204370
Is this nubait?
>>
>>378204370
Stop making cancerous jrpg threads.

I'm convinced this thread is part of a insidious plot designed to drive out JRPG discussion.
>>
>>378204370

Your example sure isn't proving your point. It isn't even good in comparison to the mediocre series it's a part of.
>>
Personally, I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.
>>
>>378205330

Suikoden II, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest VIII are some of the best games ever made.
>>
>>378206058
have you played DQ7?
What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>378204370
Great game. I actually have the OST on in the background right now. Hunter's Chance is based as fuck.
>>
>>378206118

I've played all the DQ games. VII is great if you like story driven games or class systems. But I felt that the last 1/3 the game had pacing issues. In the beginning it feels a lot like Dragon Quest V. Near the end, it starts to feel like Final Fantasy III.
>>
>>378206058
I agree. But they're still imperfect because they have turn-based, menu-driven combat systems.
>>
>>378206482

You're welcome to your opinion. Just like I've never found an ARPG which I could consider good because each one has some issue tied to the gameplay.
>>
>>378204370
>trance
FF9 was great but that alone is enough to hold it back.

It should have been like limit breaks in other games where it replaced your basic attack until you used it.
>>
>>378206961

How about the fact that it takes 2 minutes just to do a basic attack?
>>
File: 1471277278175.jpg (153KB, 1022x770px) Image search: [Google]
1471277278175.jpg
153KB, 1022x770px
>>378204370
Posting perfect JRPG.
>>
>>378205872
wat
>>
>>378205061
Not really. It's a great thematic story that goes so fucking meta about games it flies over most people heads.
All I will say about this shit is:
>the game spends most of its opening hours telling you about how literally everything you will do will be faux-Shakespeare
>people still manage to forget about it for the rest of the game
The main cast was also very well done, and while Freya and Amarant got the shortest sticks, the rest of the stories were good enough for me to offset it. I'm not going to pretend it's for everyone, but FF IX is seriously a phenomenal game for reasons people never talk about. It has an insane amount of world-building, even compared to VIII and it also creates a supreme atmosphere for its adventure.
>>
>>378205330

This is my favorite kind of JRPG.
>>
>>378206482
Turn based is still good by many people's standards, action based rpgs tend to be clunky like elder scrolls.
>>
>>378204981
>>378205045
>facts are edgy
umm welcome to the real world, sweetie
>>
>>378207718
>sweetieposting
>"""""""""""""""""""""facts""""""""""""""""""""""
Thanks for a goof and a laugh and a spoof, anon
>>
>>378204370
would be better if it got a FUCKING PS4 PORT
FUCK SHIT SQUARE ENIX REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>great aesthetic
>great OST
>those ATE stories
>Festival of the Hunt
>weapon synthesis
>that adventurous story
>surprisingly deep themes of existentialism and depression
This game was underrated for its time.
>>
File: 1495512817737.png (122KB, 404x405px) Image search: [Google]
1495512817737.png
122KB, 404x405px
>>378205872
>>
>>378207861
At this point SE is completely off the rail. I remember dreaming about FF like XX or XXV when I was a wee lad with a PS1 and thinking "These will be the greatest games ever".
Holy fucking shit was I naive. HD development and mobage killed Sqare Enix, along with Sakaguchi being fired and Wada coming in. I fucking hate Square higher-ups for firing Gooch, the man made them thrice what he lost with that one stupid movie. It was fucking unfair.
>>
>>378204370
I've been playing this like crazy, I haven't been this sucked into an RPG in a long, long time.
>>
>>378207882
it actually was, and so was tactics, why? because it didn't go with the, what wee call now, weeb design that 7 and 8 employed.
>>
>>378204370
>3/4 of it's characters become irrelevant 5 minutes after they become introduced
>>
>>378208183
so 2 characters, 1 if you chose to work on quina's frog quest.
>>
>>378205061
no it didnt, it's story spanned beyond than just the main character to world development.
>>
File: 1493438833097m.jpg (188KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493438833097m.jpg
188KB, 1024x1024px
>>378205872
sweet jesus
>>
>>378205872
You goin' to Balamb Garden or what?
>>
I just think the game just kind of shits the bed when you learn there's other planets and dimensional travel and stuff like that, I'd have preferred if it all stayed on the first planet and more localized, you know.
>>
>>378208546
the planet is in gaias crystal, it just follows that if there is one planet that has a crystal there must be more.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.