[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Dragon Quest game to begin the series with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: boo.png (5KB, 511x448px) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
5KB, 511x448px
What's the best Dragon Quest game to begin the series with?
>>
>>378202489
GBC DQ1
>>
5. Either PS2, DS, or phone version.
>>
Zelda: A Link to the Past
>>
>>378202489
RJ132102
>>
The first one obviously you fucking casual.
>>
>>378202489
What >>378202576 said but emulate the ps2 version as the ds/phone versions have shitty translations.
>>
>>378202489
DQ5, ignore anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>378202674
Outisde of baked-in English accents the translation for DS/phone were fine. DQ5 was a simple game with simple dialog anyhow.
>>
>>378202489

4 by far
>>
DQ VII. You're gonna want to play them all after that...
>>
>>378202660
true style
>>
>>378202489
I started with DQ1. SNES version. Extremely dated and simple grindy as fuck but enjoyable for it's historic value.

Played SNES DQ2 after that and it was a true masochistic fever dream. The most amount of cryptic bullshit, enemy unbalance, one-shot party wipes and mindless grinding I've ever experienced in my life. It's a mess. I hated it and pushed through but looking back, it was kind of enjoyable if only for me being a masochist.

SNES DQ3 was pretty amazing, a huge step forward. I'd probably recommend starting here if you want to pick up the classic games. It's the quintessential JRPG and it's great.

I'm playing DQ4 DS right now. It's been pretty fun and straightforward, much more so than the other games. The girls are hot as fuck too.
>>
>>378205646
>The girls are hot as fuck too.
The sprites and face illustrations in the DS version are pretty great.
Also those enemies later in the game that transform themselves to copy your party members.
>>
DQ1 duh
It's grind the game, true but it becomes pretty soothing after a while, same with DQ2 but with more bullshit, and the horror that is Rhone, though I'm still really fond of it, and hate 3 having create a party members
>>
>>378202627
Fuck you i wanted to make a joke about this
>>
>>378202489

Wait... which one is that?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.