[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still trust game reviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: sadburger.png (216KB, 650x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sadburger.png
216KB, 650x1200px
Or use them to reference what game to buy?
I've lost a lot of faith in 1-5/1-10/1-100 scale reviews, considering that a lot of the games I have found very enjoyable are ones that I looked up later and found to be 5 or 6/10 averages.

What do you use as the prime metric for gauging when to buy a game (assume without a demo or if you're a pirate, no piratable version, just for the sake of this post.).
>>
Only "reviews" I trust are how many people on /v/ say a game is shit.
>>
I just usually go with gut feeling at this point after seeing gameplay videos, usually user made ones not prebaked developer ones.

I don't know, I just feel like after awhile you'll have a feeling of what games you're going to like or dislike.
>>
>>378201717
To an extent.
I only semi trust was a review has to say if the review in question doesn't sound like they haven't played the game at all or lower the rating of the game for personal reason such as "no LGBT representation" or "scantily clad character".
Only then do I look into the game further with user reviews judged under the same merits and a short few mins of lets plays. Preferably without voice over.

That is only if the game looks remotely interesting to me in the first place.
>>
>>378201717
I use both gut feeling, and base how much I would like a game on the comparison of the person reviewing the game's taste vs my own taste.
>>
I trust /v/ more than game reviews. Many people consider this retarded, but somehow I find myself able to distinguish which posts on /v/ to listen to and which not too.
That's mostly for old shit though. When it comes to heavily-marketed new (western) releases, I just plain don't listen to anyone and don't even bother looking at the game until I feel enough time has passed for the shills to move on.
>>
>>378201861

what about the risk of inevitable spoilers?
>>
If a game is popular, I will instantly consider it bad since game jouurnos hate good games. There's almost never an exception for this, unless indie.
>>
>>378202237
Normally it is just the ones that don't sound complete fucking shithead and seem to know what they are talking when they speak of the game that most people listen too.
People sing their praises but can tell you what is wrong with it if it is a good game or Tell you absolutely everything wrong with it in detail if it bad.
>>
>>378202369
is nier automata a worse game compared to nier then?
>>
If I'm interested in a game, I'll look for videos of people playing it and see if it looks fun.
>>
>>378202520

Yes, as a matter of fact.
>>
>>378202369
I don't want to agree with you but you're really not entirely wrong.
>>
Oh and also the games I was referring to were Kirby Air Ride, The Legend of Legacy, Kirby Team Clash Deluxe, and Picross e2.
>>
There is zero fucking point to game reviewers once you realize what games you will like before you even buy them. All you need to know is if the game runs optimally and if it's a genre that you enjoy.
>>
>>378201717
I only trust reviews by Christian centered gamer
>>
>>378203442
I tried it out but it was just like the other reviews but with a bit more professionalism in that it had separated religious (personally based) reviews from normal (quality based) ones. I still found them to be about as helpful (not much) as the other review sites and they didn't really stand out at all.
>>
Ignore EA, Bioware, Ubisoft, and Gearbox, everything else go by game footage or what friends say about it

/v/ is somewhat consistent in the sense that widespread praise is usually a good sign, but widespread hate isn't always, so I trust what anonymous posters on a vietnamese rice-cooking forum say with caution
>>
>>378204256
What do you mean
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.