[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thief Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1686.jpg (67KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1686.jpg
67KB, 640x422px
What's the best non-horror level in the series? (for full marks, explain your answer)
>>
Definitely not Life of the Party, there just was no fucking party, I really enjoyed the cave of songs, I also enjoyed the one with the lighthouse.

Final Level of Thief > Final Level of Thief 2
>>
>>378197981
Karras' factory was too long and too tedious. It's difficult to compete with a level where you rob the devil, but they could at least make it climactic.
>>
>>378198201
It's funny because overall the levels are better, but the final level is just shit.

Talking about best levels what's the worst and why is it Thieves Guild in Thief Gold?
>>
Mechanists>Hammerites
What's the consensus on Deadly shadows?
>>
>>378200821
I think it's shit, it runs like absolute shit on PC, the levels are too tiny and level loads absolutely kill the level design present in the first 2, and it runs like shit so I couldn't play much of it.

If you want your Thief 3 fix try the Dark Mod, specifically Volta and the Stone, it's like the first level of the Thief 3 we always wanted but never got.
>>
>>378200094
>what's the worst and why is it Thieves Guild in Thief Gold?
But I like Thieves Guild...
>>
>>378201741
You're entitled to enjoy it but how? I like the idea of sneaking into the Thieves guild but the level design itself was poor, many tunnels, too much backtracking, there's too much sprawl with little payoff, and the level design itself is too maze like so navigating the level is less natural compared to other levels, The Lost city at least had strong map features for navigation.
>>
>>378201906
>many tunnels, too much backtracking, there's too much sprawl with little payoff, and the level design itself is too maze like so navigating the level is less natural compared to other levels

I think that's why I kind of like it, it really fits the level, though it certainly is frustrating. (took one and a half hours on my first playthrough...)

However, the objective where you have to locate and steal that one loot is needlessly cryptic.
>>
>>378197434
I stopped playing this game at that exact level. It was too big and tedious once I got in angelwatch. The only level I truly loved was the first one with the tutorial and the servants. Rest of the game had some cool moments but was overall clunky in all possible ways.
>>
>>378197981
i like kill god.
>>
Anyone have those pics, those lore pics, I thought I had saved them but I hadn't.

>>378202332
That's last cryptic thing is like the cherry on the top for that bad level, I really wish we got to see Thief 2 gold though.

>>378202682
Didn't you miss out on like half the game then?

>>378202869
I like kill god?
>>
File: thief_constantine.jpg (985KB, 1276x2692px) Image search: [Google]
thief_constantine.jpg
985KB, 1276x2692px
>>378203003
I only have that one.
>>
>>378197434
How has the series aged? I loved playing the demo for Dark Project as a kid. Is it worth it going back if I enjoy stealth games?

How was 4?
>>
>>378203368
Thanks

>>378203431
Played it for the first time last year, after having already played The Dark Mod and a little bit of Thi4f, it's worth playing, there exists only 1 game like it, and only 1 map in that game is anything like the original Thief games.
>>
>>378203431
I think it's worth a playthrough, especially if you like stealth games.
Since it's quite old, you have to forgive some of its problems, like the dated graphics and the AI, but all in all its a solid game with good atmosphere, sound and level design.
>>
>>378203687
What game?

I still need to play Dishonored. I enjoyed Mark of the Ninja a lot though. Had trouble getting into Human Revolution.
>>
>>378204017
The Dark Mod, Volta and the Stone, it's a professional grade fan map, and it's the right kind of sprawly and the right kind of detailed, it feels just like a Thief level, the rest of the maps for The Dark Mod are in general shit, nothing like original Thief.
>>
i do not like Dishonored multi end system.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.