[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: loot.jpg (2MB, 3996x1329px) Image search: [Google]
loot.jpg
2MB, 3996x1329px
Which one /v/?
>>
Titan quest
>>
Torchlight
>>
Path of Exile
>>
>>378196045
D3 if you just want some simple mindless fun.

PoE if you want to go full autism.

Grim Dawn for the best of both worlds.
>>
Diablo 2
>>
Grim Dawn, then PoE once you are bored.
>>
>>378196045
d2
>>
D3 is complete trash

Path of Exile is fun for a bit after every expansion or league

Grim Dawn is okay but suffers from having bad replayability and unsatisfying skill design
>>
>>378196315

This.
>>
Diablo 2 since it is the only one with mods worth playing.
>>
>>378196456
>unsatisfying skill design

I thought blowing shit up as the demolitionist was pretty satisfying.
>>
File: LOL-FEED.jpg (30KB, 400x740px) Image search: [Google]
LOL-FEED.jpg
30KB, 400x740px
Path Of Exile, fo SHO

Quality production and design, low barrier to entry, and the dev team aren't a pack of wretched zombies on a devil's leash (to the best of my knowledge, anyways...)
>>
Diablo 3 has really boring itemization so there's barely any long term motivation. On the plus side it's the only game with dedicated online play.

Grim Dawn is pretty cool setting-wise and the loot is also better. You might want some people you know who are willing to play the game with you. Definitely more fun that way.

I never really got into PoE because I lost the ability to get into games which require a certain amount of knowledge to have fun a few years ago. Some people say it's the legitimate successor of Diablo 2, though.

I can also recommend Borderlands 1 if you don't mind FPS. The loot system is really great. Mute the characters and ignore the ""story"" though.
>>
>>378196045
diablo 2
>>
>>378196045
Are there ANY good dungeon crawlers for consoles?

Preferably without the usual indie 'OMG SO QUIRKY' art design.
>>
>>378196890
fucking this
>>
>>378196982
*This generation of consoles
>>
friends are telling me to get grim dawn, but my experiences with playing torchlight II for the past week or so haven't really been all that enjoyable. Gameplay just feels kinda dull for me.

Is this genre just not for me?
>>
File: median xl.jpg (323KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
median xl.jpg
323KB, 800x600px
>>378196045

see >>378196353
>>378196428
>>378196590
>>378196890

also please atleast play some of the mods for Diablo 2, Median XL is definitely worth checking out
>>
>>378196686
Maybe playing on a toaster with lowest settings and 10-15 fps makes impacts that for me
>>
>>378197178
this """genre""" is dead and stale as fuck m8 it's really unremarkable
>>
>>378197178
Vanilla Torchlight 2 isn't all that great. It has some good mods, tho.

Keep in mind that good loot based ARPGs are all about the endgame. Early game gear sucks and you probably still don't understand what loot is worth picking up. Try Diablo 2. If you don't wet your pants when something golden drops, the genre probably isn't for you.
>>
>>378196045
grim dawn is a single player game that you move on from after you play it
path of exile is a two week job you don't get paid for every three months
diablo 3 is a console game made for and by a retarded
>>
>>378196045
I play all 3. Not really interested in new D3 season though I just want to focus on one character, and waiting on ACT 5 for PoE, haven't tried any of the new Grim Dawn stuff yet.
>>
>>378197321
>median XL
yeah i tried playing that, and then after 150 fucking hours of grinding the only area my character could grind for gear upgrades to progress to the next part of the game, and not getting one SINGLE usable drop, i uninstalled that shit. MXL is terrible and the multiplayer is dogshit because they don't allow the resolution mod
>>
>>378197321
did you not get charms/your class charms a la the uberlevel in act 3 with the totems and the skeletons? your struggles usually involve you not packing enough resistance on your character, or in return enough damage to counter them.
>>
>>378197897
Diablo 2 mods are a meme. They're all unbalanced pieces of shit. It makes you appreciate the base game all the more.
>>
>>378196045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg
>>
>>378198159
this

last time i tried xl i wanted to puke. same goes for all those grim dawn mods like grimarillion and DAIL. convoluted, unbalanced mess
>>
>>378196045
D3 feels the best to play.
PoE has the most depth and longevity.
Grim Dawn sucks.
>>
>>378198159
>>378198368
it's because median xl is full autism when it comes to both planning out your character and having to get certain gear to mix and match - while it's certainty a pain in the ass the whole reason is more than likely to challenge you, rather than give you traditional easy going "i'll slap whatever the fuck i get on me" sort of game.
it's only for the few who really do appreciate these types of RPGs, but of course, not for everyone.
coincidentally they just released a new update today on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC1Y11BR0ko
>>
>>378198432
>PoE
>depth

just play Diable II

PoE is a mess
>>
grim dawn with the mod that adds titan quest classes
>>
wish there was a modern arpg where skill use levels up your skill without the restrictions in poe.

grind up skills autistically. based on what skills you grind, you unlock new skills or unlock new variants/additions of said skill
>>
>>378196045
Path of Exile tho i was thinking of trying D3 again for fun while there is no league in PoE.
>>
>>378196045
Shit on D3 all you want, what it does do it does better than the competition. It doesn't make any claims to have any particular depth or anything. It just is what it is; a casual hack and slash diablo game. And it does that well.

Of course, Diablo 2 is still the standard and probably will be for a long time unless Blizzard hires those guys back for Diablo 4.
>>
>>378196045
PoE. It's probably the most in depth and complex ARPG ever made.
>>
File: 1495757862628.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1495757862628.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>378196269
>Torchlight
>>
>>378196045
PoE is the long haul game, if it clicks for you you'll likely keep coming back to it.

Diablo 3 is definitely the opposite, it does what it does well but it gets to its end point really fast and there isn't much else to do.

Grim Dawn just feels weird, like it's not satisfying to play at all.
>>
>>378196045
Diablo 3 if you want a quick run and stop playing within a few weeks.

PoE if you like investing multiple characters into a season and building yourself.

Grim Dawn if you need a nap because it will drive you to sleep.
>>
>>378196045
grim dawn
>>
>>378201432
>It's probably the most autistic ARPG ever made
ftfy
>>
>>378201432
>Pick a skill
>Gee I wonder what support gems gives me the most More modifier
>indepth
?
>>
>>378202853
b but you use 5 different support gems all at once to get the Most Possible More Modifier

and look how many nodes on the passive tree, so many!

never mind that the combat is an aoe flask-mashing shitfest, true depth isn't tied down by the actual gameplay or whatever
>>
>>378196045
Van Helsing personally
>>
GD expansion when?
Necro skills reveal when?
Inquisitor skills reveal when?
>>
>>378204232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1PZiR06uZ0
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.