[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 15

File: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.png (65KB, 660x336px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.png
65KB, 660x336px
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME?
>>
wait that came out?
>>
Best not to give it any recognition, the retarded crybaby cunt dev might come back to shill nonstop again like a few weeks ago. Besides, we have a bigger flop on our hands today with that new shovelware Friday the 13th game that keeps being spammed here.
>>
>>378192416
Nigga that one got forgotten. we have Far Cry 5 all over the board

reminded me of Far Cry primal shilling
>ITS LIKE AZTEC SOULS FPS!
>WHY DIDN'T YOU PREORDER GOTY?

Game got forgotten in literally 3 days
>>
>Hey gamers, you keep saying you want "old school shooters", right? Here's an old school shooter!
>If ya don't buy it, we're never gonna make old school shooters again, goy! Better ready your wallet :^)
>>
>>378192112
Game tried way too hard to sell itself as a "90's" shooter theme despite its main gameplay elements not being present in 90's shooters at all. Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Blood etc did not having fucking procedurally generated levels with weapon upgrade/progression systems.
>>
>>378192416
>Besides, we have a bigger flop on our hands today with that new shovelware Friday the 13th game that keeps being spammed here.
Game is already past flop territory it had like 2 million dollar kickstarter budget steamspy has it at almost 40,000 owners at $40 a pop thats about 1.6million. With console sales they will be way past what it cost to make.
>>
>>378192849
>what is publisher compensation
>>
>>378192849
Except it's being refunded like crazy because it's a steaming pile of garbage, so no.
>>
/ourguy/ was pretty fucking harsh on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBNFzxKPHZ0
>>
>>378192112
slow
uninspired
meh gunplay
no level design
boring aesthetic after 5 minutes
>>
>>378192112
Procedural levels in a FPS. What a terrible idea.
>>
>>378192907
Console players can't refund and its going to beat or at least match PC sales. Look I think the game is trash I already refunded it but the game is looking to make its money back.
>>
>>378192112
Single player killing floor with even less enemies when in reality theres this little game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/357330/Space_Beast_Terror_Fright/
It contains everything strafe attempted doing plus better aesthetics better audio work better low poly models better atmosphere and coop.

Its like if you got strafe and it broke your heart get this one and talk about it on strafe review page.
>>
Shills kept trying to hype this up as DOOM BTFO and from what I see the guns feels like shit and the level design is procedural generated. I might pirate it to see what it's about but it looks pretty bad especially when there's both old school shooters and nuOld school shooters that look better than it.
>>
>>378193285
I want to demo this. Then again, I also want to demo strafe.
>>
You are a dick o.o now I have to go look up that song
>>
>>378193386
>o.o
Fucking cringelord autist
>>
>>378193285
Oh yeah and it has splitscreen as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOQu0ld2DnM
>>
>>378193329
It's just a mediocre roguelike pretending to be a shooter.
>>
>>378193329
The new doom game even runs better than strafe as hard as that is to believe
>>
>>378193442
My phone auto corrected op the that for some reason
>>
>>378193503
Please tell me you're just shitposting and that nothing you've said is true.

I mean what the fuck.
>>
File: trump go back.jpg (709KB, 1920x2366px) Image search: [Google]
trump go back.jpg
709KB, 1920x2366px
>>378193585
>not just a cringelord autist but a phoneposter too
>>
>>378193607
I'm serious it will run better on lower end systems than strafe
>>
>>378193653
What else am I supposed to do on break?
>>
>>378193607
He's not lying, even on high end systems Strafe has framerate problems and chugs in spots.
>>
>>378193675
>>378193818
Forgive me for being skeptical but it's because nothing I've seen in Strafe warrants that performance when nuDoom looks great and Serious Sam 3 looks great and throws a fuckload of enemies at you.

I mean what kind of game engine does it run on, it looks worse than HL (yeah I know retro aesthetics etc. but the model count and texture resolution looks far lower than HL1) but runs worse than nuDoom
>>
>>378193351
Pirate both, buy the one you think worths money.

Protip: its Space Beast Terror Fright
Specially if you have brothers/ kids at home, you put it on a big screen and traumatize them forever at every breached door.
>>
>>378193653
>you have to go back to trump
that made no sense.
>>
>>378193895
It's the way they've set up the procedural generation that causes it to use up way more CPU than you'd think. I have a GTX 1060, an i7, and 16gb RAM and Strafe still has huge frame drops sometimes.
>>
>first heard of this, thought it was going to be like doom/duke but with better graphics
>it's just a rougelike with procedural generation
why'd they do that? who would think that classic FPS fans would want that, and that rougelike procedural generation shitters would want or care about classic FPS? Just a bad idea and bad marketing, really.
>>
>>378193895
>shit indie game has performance issues

Not surprising anon. Bad devs will always make bad stuff even with good tools.
>>
>>378194065
>expecting logic from a leftist
>>
>>378194138
Fair enough I get that it's a roguelike and shit but since it's trying so hard to appeal to appeal to classic/retro FPS fans, it's working to its detriment since the level design from what I've seen is mediocre
>>
>>378193081
This, as soon as I saw this I lost all interest.
Some day computers will be able to make levels better than any designer but we're not there yet.
>>
>>378194665
The marketing aimed at shooter fans is a lie. Plain and simple. It's nothing at all like Doom or Quake, it's all roguelike with poor, floaty gunplay.
>>
>pretend to be 90's shooter
>have reloading, screenshake, super rng inaccuracy with continued firing, reloading makes you lose bullets, shitty randomly generated levels when the main draw of classic FPS is good level design, shitloads of brainless enemies on screen at once like Serious Sam but in a Quake style game when that was specifically avoided in early 3D FPS games because of how it impacts performance
Can devs get any more braindead with their shitty fake pandering?
>>
>>378194770
To be fair not all procedural generation is bad. I mean SLIGE/OBLIGE makes good playable levels for Doom, nothing amazing but still pretty fun
>>
>>378193913
I always assume early access games can't be pirated. I guess I'll try Space Beast then.
>>
>>378194892
>Counter-Strike spray patterns in an old school FPS

I can't get over how retarded this is
>>
>>378195020
It's even worse that the railgun has it. For a gun that is the opposite of close combat, you miss a lot past a couple feet because of the random spread so it's easy to get mobbed.
>>
>>378192112
literally who
>>
>>378195169
Strafe really does feel like someone made a game based off footage of old school and nuOld school shooters without having played them. It'd explain why it superficially feels oldschool but feels like a crappy CoD game when you play it
>>
>>378195436
It literally took the one bad thing about retro shooters (the early 3d polygonal shitty graphics) and combined them with all of the bad things about modern shooters. There is not a single gameplay related thing to classic FPS games in Strafe.
>>
>work on your first game for years
>its shit and nobody buys it

It must be an awful feeling. I feel bad for them.
>>
>>378195643
>I feel bad for them.
>he wasn't here when the dev was literally shilling his game 24/7 on /v/ and reddit

if you're shilling a game that hard, then you have no faith in it at all
>>
>>378195643
The end product does not reflect years of work or a sincere effort of any kind really. They put all their time and money into the marketing. I don't feel bad for them one bit that the lies came back and bit them in the ass, especially after they shilled it here so aggressively and blatantly.
>>
>>378195904
>They put all their time and money into the marketing

Fucking this.
Have you guys even seen the "trailer" for it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB08JWKVf_A
>>
Has there been any indie devs in the past 10 years who made a "retro" game and suceeded? The ones I have seen dont look or play like old games at all.
>>
>>378196089
Odallus the dark call is pretty damn retro and I enjoyed it
>>
>>378196089
Shovel Knight
>>
>>378196089
Shovel Knight?
I don't really like the base game but it was still succesful and the Plague Knight campaign was
pretty good.
>>
>>378196089
Shovel Knight i guess
>>
>>378192598
I saw this coming from 10 miles away. anybody that fell for this shit is a retard
>>
>>378195904
And shilling. There were so many fake hype threads here, got annoying after a while.
>>
>>378196089
Stardew Valley is pretty good
>>
>>378196381
They were good for a laugh since it was clearly the dev himself making them daily and getting super defensive and butthurt at everyone calling him out and shitting on his game. But yes, they did nothing but breed pure resentment for an already mediocre game.
>>
I knew it was going to be garbage when I read "randomly generated levels". It made no sense to sell a game on "dude its just like the old fps games" when level design was a big part of them.
>>
>>378196381
Oh yeah fuck me, the dev shilled the game hard and kept shitting on other games like nuDoom etc. to try and get himself some pre-orders.

Like I don't mind it when someone makes a thread about a game they're excited about, but when it's spammed ad nausea and constantly shitting on other games that are better than it. That's when I start getting resentful about their fucking shilling.
>>
>>378192112

What is it with indie devs and procedural generation? Are they just too lazy to create levels themselves or do they think that procedural generation is always a good thing?

It's especially weird when they advertise as an old school shooter. Level design was what made those games so memorable.
>>
>>378192598
I don't know. I played it at pax so maybe my perception is different. But it was always marketed as a binding of isaac style fps with a doom aesthetic. I don't know why people thought this was some kind of revival of a genre.
>>
>>378193895
I wonder if it runs on Unity or something, most games that use it run horribly by nature it feels like.
>>
>>378192910
fukken love gggmanlives, only jewtube critic I like.
>>
File: tippytoestoddoriginals.jpg (329KB, 1102x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tippytoestoddoriginals.jpg
329KB, 1102x1024px
>>378196724
Infinite quests!

Endless content!
>>
>>378196581
The shills tried so fucking hard to deny this fact too, it was beyond retarded. And they still think the total lack of gun feedback and weak sound effects are good.
>>
>>378195643
>>work on your first game for years
>>its shit and nobody buys it
This is why you make a bunch of shitty free games first to get all the garbage and retarded shit out of your system and learn some of the ins and outs of game dev before you make an actual effort on a full product.
>>
>>378196797
name 5 examples.
>>
>>378196089
Undertale "succeeded" by raw sales.
>>
>>378196089
Stardew Valley. Even if you dislike the portrait artstyle, just mod it. He avoids internet drama and got famous for his game SOLELY ALONE and not from colossal shilling. His only downside to me is he is part of chucklefish
>>
Strafe flopping literally gave me a boner. what a fucking mess and massively shilled game
>>
>>378196797
It does run on Unity.
>>
Pirated it.
This game is a fucking joke. You can end it in 1 hour if you are not retarded. The meme generated levels don't change the game much. The game consists in you agroing monsters in corridor and gun then down.
I feel bad for whoever bought this piece of shit
>>
>>378196928
>hey this guy who's more talented than I ever will be spent months and months of hard work creating a project
>I'm so glad it didn't do quite as well as it should have, I love seeing failures since I am one and can't even get a job as a burger flipper
>>
>>378196928
The nervous breakdown the dev had in his shill threads on launch day when basically everyone who did buy it refunded was beautiful. Truly deserved it.
>>
>>378197052
go back to shilling your game, you pompous faggot
>>
>retards eating up marketing and "hype" expecting it to be something it never was then complain about it
>>
>>378197052
I fucking knew the dev would come back if this thread continued, and here he is. Get lost you sad sack.
>>
>>378196908
He seems like a chill person who just likes to make games really, kinda like Notch before his descent into depression.

>Tfw I want an expansion pack for Stardew Valley since I've done everything

>>378197052
Then you shouldn't have shit on other better games in your shill threads if you couldn't live up to the hype fuccboi
>>
>>378197052
>strafe
>made with talent

Yeah man youre totally right
>>
>>378192501
>WHY DIDN'T YOU PREORDER GOTY?
That one's used for almost any overhyped shit desu.
>>
>>378197197
>every single piece of marketing portrays game as something completely different from what it is
>It's everyone else's fault they didn't know!

Fucking retard.
>>
File: 1475554635369.png (568KB, 928x832px) Image search: [Google]
1475554635369.png
568KB, 928x832px
>Procedural generation

DoA.
>>
>>378197197
>Advertise your game as a retro 90s style shooter
>Be surprised when people think it's a retro 90s style shooter and judge it as such

Nice try Thom
>>
>>378197380
Nah man, its totally the consumers fault every piece of advertising was off base.

No mans sky was never about space and factions
>>
>>378197403

her face looks tired

That's such a shitty line that I cannot even fathom how it made it past even the first round of editing
>>
>>378196724
In theory it means to 2 playthroughs will be the same, but at the end of the day its nothing compared to something like Quake/Duke/DOOM where the level designs feel great.

>>378196019
That is genuinely entertaining, but its a shame the game falls severely short of what it could be.
>>
>>378192416
You forgot to post your video.
>>
>>378197493

All playthroughs will ultimately feel the same. The only thing that changes is the arrangement of the rooms. It's all the same shit, just in a very slightly different flavor.
>>
>>378196019
>Devolver Digital's marketing puts out a better product than the actual dev

o i am laffin
>>
File: 1490005398777.png (4KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1490005398777.png
4KB, 300x310px
>Market itself as a 90's throwback shooter
>It's a procedurally generated roguelike FPS with gunplay mechanics that didn't exist in the 90s
>>
>>378197052
>Get the same feedback from everyone about crappy gunplay and level design
>Can't fix it

Wow, such talent. You only have yourself to blame for releasing a shit product.
>>
>>378196757
Literally every bit of marketing for the game was explicitly pretending it was a game made in 1996.
>>
>>378197582
Which makes me wonder why they even bothered adding in roguelike elements and just didn't make a simple shooter that feels like something made from 1996 like it advertised itself as.

I could be remembering things wrong but on its Steam page I thought they originally mentioned "THE HOTTEST GAME OF 1996" and I think they changed it.
>>
>>378197956
Their tagline is "Frag like It's 1996!". And the price is $19.96.
>>
>>378197197
>Marketers blame consumers for being misled since they failed at their jobs and conveyed the wrong information about the thing they were advertising

Only in fucking videogames does this shit happen.
>>
What a waste of godlike marketing. I feel bad for Devolver for wasting all that money on this game.
>>
>>378198095
>19.96 for a shitty one hour game
>>
>>378198095
Thats what I thought, but they deleted that information off the Steam page. It's still on GOG though.
>>
>>378192112
focusing on nostalgia and atmosphere too much instead of things that actually make a roguelike good
>>
>>378194892
>shitloads of brainless enemies on screen at once like Serious Sam
>None of them make a sound
>when in SS you can hear how many kleers are coming at you
I will never get over soundless enemies.
>>
>>378196757
nothing in the game looks like doom though. it looks like someome tried to recreate quake 2 in minecraft
>>
>>378198190
This kind of shit is Devolver's bread and butter, I doubt they care.
>>
>>378198190
Devolver has been publishing a lot of gold really (Serious Sam, Shadow Warrior, Hotline Miami, Talos Principle etc.) and collab'd with Overkill with some Payday 2 shit. They were bound to hit a stinker at some point
>>
File: 1492803729762.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492803729762.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
I need archive links to the shill threads. I want to see those delicious dev tears.
>>
>>378198437
Just a ss from his nervous breakdown should be enough
>>
File: SPEEDYWAY.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SPEEDYWAY.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>378192112
>had an entire Over the internet convention called strafe con
>head of digital devolver says "i spent 20 million dollars on this game the least you can do is buy it"
>all of this marketing stuff like movie trailer
>game is mediocre

>>378197052
stay mad dweeb I work a minmum wage job and have a sports car
>>
>>378192112
Don't believe the reviews. STRAFE has enormous potential. As a kickstarter backer, I can't say I didn't get what I paid for. I can't speak for the optimization issues, as the game runs fine for me, but they have a solid foundation for future balancing. As mentioned elsewhere, it pushes the "Game of 1996" look for all its worth and aesthetically, the game absolutely **** and has a pretty kickass soundtrack besides, I'm glad I sprung for that reward tier and am looking forward to getting my music. The guns feel effective and varied. My particular favorite is the disc launcher mode for the railgun, which calls to mind the Ripjack of Unreal fame. Enemies are as dumb as you'd expect from a game meant to be 21 years old, gibs fly everywhere and the "Murderzone" mode is pretty great as well, a wave survival mode with persistent upgrades unlocked when you reach certain point milestones. It is also immensely satisfying to successfully complete a run. I noticed by the time I had reached the forth zone that I had started trembling. STRAFE successfully captures the intensity of the 90s shooter, even if it doesn't 100% play like one.

That being said, STRAFE goes so hard for capturing the feel of a 90s fps that it incorporates things I really DIDN'T like about them, namely, the blistering difficulty. You also have to look for keycards, but it's immensely downplayed from the old days. Quake 1 was hard, let's not kid ourselves. Mixing that style of gunplay with roguelike level generation should be a no-brainer, but in practice it makes the game harder then it needs to be: Quake wasn't stingy with health, armor and ammo pickups because you absolutely needed them all to succeed.
>>
>>378198623
Nice bait.
>>
Its pretty fucked up when a phone game has better gunplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=1yVYrXldtUA

Guy goes around saying how much he loves shooters and then fucks up the most important aspect of the genre. The damn shooting.
>>
This asshole was trying to stealth-shill on KiA by starting a thread with a link to a review, where a developer complained about being lost for seven minutes.
>getting lost on maps is totally old-school Quake, amirite?
>>
>>378198623
>enormous potential
Back to the cuckshed with you kike
>>
>>378198623
>Dev nig still posting
>>
>>378198623
Okay sounds good, I'm going to find a torrent for the game then
>>
>>378198623
if only you spent this much time on making your game good rather than shilling
>>
>>378198551
>minimum wage
>sports car
Wowee, you can get a loan for something that you actually can't afford. The only people you're impressing are literal high schoolers who don't know how a credit score and banks work. Either that or your sports car is some 15+ year old piece of shit.
>>
>>378198623
Was this copypasted from Reddit or the Steam forum? Reads like something one of the deluded drones there would post.
Fun fact: the same retarded cuck who shilled so hard for Evolve did so for this game too.
>>
>>378198982
>Evolve and now STRAFE
Hope he loses his job.
>>
>>378199063
No, he did it for free.
>>
>>378198705
>>378198769
>>378198841
>>378198925
>>378198930
>>378198952
>>378198982
Fuck all of you. I am so sick of this shit.
>>
>>378192112
I have this game. At first I thought it was steaming shit. I expected Quake and got something nothing like it. But as I kept playing I realized that this is just a roguelike.

Nothing about it is a throwback to late 90s fps. The marketing fucked this game in the ass and it was basically all bullshit. BUT it's a pretty fun roguelike, definitely worth it during the summer sale if you'd like a roguelike with a Quake themed skin.
>>
>>378192112

The original trailer for the game was funny, but as soon as I saw the gameplay, I knew it was boring as fuck.
>>
>>378199134
Please have a meltdown on Twitter before quitting the industry Mr. Developer, I need one more good laugh at your expense.
>>
>>378199264

>dev is now desperately trying to make people compromise instead of just straight shilling

sasuga dev-kun
>>
>>378198393
>nushadow warrior
>good
>>
>>378199134
Look dev, it's clear you're shilling the game. But if you want to market your game as the return to old school shooters, you need to do more besides emulate the style. It isn't just corny commercials that made people remember old school shooters, it was the well designed levels, the fun weapons, great OST, numerous enemy types you can recognize from sounds and visuals in the heat of the moment, modding potential, numerous secrets and replay value by speeding through levels you're familiar with, there's more I'm missing but that's all that comes to my head.

It isn't all retro filters or roguelike mechanics.
>>
>>378198623
Beyond everything else wrong and retarded about this post, the one thing that rings wholly untrue is the part about the soundtrack being good. Worst music I've heard in a game in years. Grating and awful in every way.
>>
>>378199134
next time, don't shill your shit here
>>
File: ;).png (44KB, 1920x1054px) Image search: [Google]
;).png
44KB, 1920x1054px
>>378199134
;)
>>
>>378199264
Ziggurat and immortal redneck did it way better, just to name a few.
>>
As someone who enjoys Ziggurat, I enjoy this too. I wanted more 90s FPS goodness, but the roguelike FPS alone is solid. Might just need a few tweaks, but after a patch I can easily see this being in people's top ten games of 2017.
>>
>>378199648
*Top ten worst games of 2017
>>
File: 1401443017422.jpg (144KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1401443017422.jpg
144KB, 500x500px
>>378199556
>mfw I'm going to download that torrent and report all the IPs of the peers
>>
File: 1495775790721.jpg (8KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
1495775790721.jpg
8KB, 201x201px
>>378199648
>>
>>378199556
Piece of shit.
>>
>>378197751
Except it always was marketed as having procedurally generated levels, random guns to collect, and dying=start completely over. The RAD 90's shit was just an aesthetic gimmick. If you actually bothered to follow the game prior to release, you'd have known this.
>>
>>378199785
None of that is true.
>>
File: captain chaos.png (75KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
captain chaos.png
75KB, 663x579px
>>378198705
>>378198769
>>378198841
>>378198925
>>378198930
>>378198982
>>378199134
I copy pasted a metacritic review
>>
>>378199724
>Implying I care since it's a public torrent and it's getting tracked regardless
>Implying I'd get anything more than a letter from my ISP saying hey don't do this
>Implying the police give a shit about some small time downloading an indie game when there's drug dealers, pedophiles etc. to care about

>>378199764
Does it make you upset Thom? Can you screencap this and tweet about it :^)
>>
File: 1483936690838.png (54KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1483936690838.png
54KB, 625x626px
>>378199902
>>
>>378199902
Well shit now how do I get my (You) back.
>>
>>378199902
Legitimately nice work, 9/10 for fishing for (You)s with minimal effort
>>
>>378199902
Probably a fake account made by the dev no less.
>>
>>378199963
>>378200027
>>378200082

>people actually fell for the bait

Is this your first time on /v/ or something?
>>
>>378192112
>have 8-10 weapons in the game that you get for the rest of the run on obtaining them
>increase spawning of ammo
>make the MG more useful
>tweak weapons to make them more impactful
>double the number of enemy types
>add a lot more items that are actually useful
this would fix the game honestly. the game doesn't really have any fundamental flaws (besides the weapon system) just lacking in content and polish. oh well
>>
>>378197380
>>378197409
>>378198154
it was obvious to anyone with half a brain cell what the end product was going to be
even after the playable demo thing and all the other coverage it got you retards still found a way to convince yourselves it would be something completely different
it's your own damn fault
>>
>>378200212
Yes it's my first day on /v/, I came here from Red.dit, 9g.ag, Tumblr, Knowyourmeme, Icanhazcheeseburger, Ohinternet's Facebook page and Uncyclopedia.
>>
>>378200342

Welcome friend, I hope you enjoy your stay. Remember, it's nothin personnel kid!
>>
>>378200287

They should also trash the level generation and get some fucking actual level design.
>>
>>378200287
Too bad the egotistical crybaby dev thinks his game is perfect and refuses to change anything.
>>
File: STRAFE 2017-05-11 22-48-26-80.png (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
STRAFE 2017-05-11 22-48-26-80.png
449KB, 1920x1080px
>>378192112
I get the impression that the devs wanted to do some wacky marketing than actually making a game. The otherwise solid presentation values and abundance of easter eggs don't mean shit if the gameplay is a 5/10. It honestly needs more meat on the bones, considering they had something in 2015 what the fuck have they been doing for two years?

>>378200287
I'd say the disposable weapons were a fun addition, but the game doesn't allow you to use number keys and doesn't have pickup messages for them so it's harder to keep track of them.

>make the MG more useful

It's better than you think, certainly doesn't fall off as hard as the Railgun.
>>
>>378200780
>I get the impression that the devs wanted to do some wacky marketing than actually making a game.
Yes that is literally the case actually. See their About page:

>Pixel Titans was founded by video director Thom Glunt and programmer Stephen Raney. The two of them had worked together for years on various music videos and commercials until they realized they were the perfect partners to make games.

They're flashy marketers by trade who thought they could just jump haphazardly into making video games.
>>
>>378196898
Undertale was a good game though
>>
>>378197058
got any screenshots?
>>
>>378192910
>a fucking aussie

Ya, nah
>>
Wanna play something oldschool but with a bit of newschool sensibility, just download Arcane Dimensions
>>
>shilled game flops

wow what a surprise
>>
>>378192910
>procedurally generated levels
Closed the vid there.
Stop falling for this meme fucking retards.
>>
Literally forgotten
>>
>>378197058
Now I want to see this
>>
>>378200780
>what the fuck have they been doing for two years?
adding memes and the ps4 port (which is fucking terrible btw)
>>
>>378192112
>being happy that a normal, nonpolitical game flopped

This is the reason /v/ is shit now. kys yourself.
>>
>>378204359
>being such a newfag you don't even know why
>>
>>378204451
Not a newfag, I just don't follow devs on twitter for (you)s like everyone else here.
>>
>>378204359
Who gives a fuck if it's political or not. It's a shit game with a retro paint to attract braindeads, end of.
>>
Strafe looks like the result of someone trying to make an ancient tech demo into a full-fledged game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NBG-sKFaB0

It also reminds me of Psycho Circus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcXe6PvqdWY
>>
File: 9075921.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
9075921.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>378204516
>man why is everyone shitting on this game?
>read the thread
>lol who cares?

ya got me
>>
>>378199893
All of it is. It was even explicitly stated on the kickstarter page from day one. If you didn't know about it, that's on you for doing literally no research of any kind in any way
>>
>>378198551
>>head of digital devolver says "i spent 20 million dollars on this game the least you can do is buy it"
You know Fork Parker isn't a real person right?
>>
>>378204748
People were going by the advertising. Are you saying the devs used false advertising to misrepresent the game, but it's still not their fault that people got the wrong impression because those people should have done in depth research instead of trusting the devs?
>>
>>378194220
>if you dont choke on collusionist cock you're "leftist"
Partisan politics makes it too fucking easy to spot the retards
>>
>>378200287
>have 8-10 weapons in the game that you get for the rest of the run on obtaining them
That'd make the late-game way too easy, half the challenge is having to deal with the shortcomings of your given weapon, what they should do is add a chance for a permanent secondary weapon pickup that you can buy in the store, but they should never appear in the level.

>increase spawning of ammo
Ammo pickups have like a 50% chance of spawning in monster closets and wooden crates regularly shit them out too, you should be able to collect around 10,000 scrap per level so ammo should never be an issue, when I hit zone 3 my mag count never goes below 80.

>make the MG more useful
It's actually the best weapon in the game due to its ability to headshot, all of its upgrades are stupidly overpowered too, especially the triple shot, it's the railgun that needs work.

>tweak weapons to make them more impactful
Agreed

>double the number of enemy types
>add a lot more items that are actually useful
They're actually working on both of these and also adding more rooms for each zone.
>>
>>378196089
Scott pilgrim vs the world
>>
>>378194892
>the main draw of classic FPS is good level design

this man found 100% secrets !
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.