[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We never got an ending.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 24

File: 220px-LoK-Overview.jpg (14KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
220px-LoK-Overview.jpg
14KB, 220x293px
Why?!

WHY??!?!?!?!
>>
>muh hylden posessed janos gets away
>muh elder god gets away

LOK is not their story. It's Kain's story.

Tell me one thing about Kain or Raziel that didn't get resolved.
>>
They got their character arcs resolved alright. Still didn't feel at all like an ending. It just leaves you with an overwhelming feeling of "alright, now what?

It's no way to end such a great series if you ask me.
>>
>>378186615
If the Hylden Lord and the Elder God were killed instead of escaping, then everything would be perfectly tied up.
>>
And we more than likely never will.

It's sad in a world where ME:A exists that we'll never get another LoK game. Especially considering some of the VA's have died...
>>
Square Enix fucked this series into the ground with their awful oversight.

I'm still mad over all that info that came out when someone dug up Dead Sun.
>>
>>378185763
Expect a Donte-esque reboot soon.
>>
>>378187797
>square enix fucked this series into the ground
SE didn't do anything to this series. They just gave money to Psyonix and they made a spin off shitty third person "thing".
Crystal dynamics had the franchise all the way up to the end of Defiance. Blame them for giving it up to a bunch of greenhornes that knew next to diddly shit about LoK.
>>
>>378185763
rip in piss nosgoth
>>
>>378188217
>Square Enix commissioned Climax Games to work on a new Legacy of Kain game at some point between 2009-2010. Crystal Dynamics provided some supervision on the project.
>Square Enix had a number of requirements for the game: it must have a single-player and multiplayer component and it must feature a new main character with a story distant to the original series.
>Climax Games worked on the single-player component. Psyonix Games worked on the multiplayer component. Both games shared art assets, but other than that were wholly disconnected from each other.
>Square Enix eventually projected that the game wouldn't reach their sales expectations, and they decided to cancel it in 2012. One of my sources speculates that as the company had invested no money into marketing at this point, it was an easy decision for them. Some of the development team were not told about the cancellation, and still came in on their weekends to work on the game while Square Enix executives knew it would not be coming out.

Sure sounds like Square had a pretty heavy hand in the whole debacle.
>>
>Amy Hennigger quit to go write Uncharted
>>
im glad this series wasn't ran into ground.

>VAs for vorador and elder god died
rip you gods among men
>>
>>378185763
With Main in the past and the Soul Reaver at its full potential which could've only been done thanks to time travel Main can once again, again, again change the time line. If he can rid the world of the Hilden before reaching the time of Blood Omen 2 and remove the blood cures from vampires and restore the circle and of coarse destroy that thing underground growing beneath the pillers then the world would be balanced for good.
>>
>>378189502
Main = Kain.

Auto correct sucks Dick.
>>
>>378188791
She quit that too. What is she up to these days?
>>
So why did Raziel have free will again?
>>
>>378188791
she left after 3 and then 4 went to shit, really makes you think.

>>378189604
supposedly working on visceral's star wars game
>>
>>378185763
>that fucking "ending" to the first game

And that's why I never bothered with the sequels.
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (321KB, 750x1074px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
321KB, 750x1074px
>>378185962
>Kain is the last vampire save for possessed Janos
>Elder God will come back
>pillars are broken
>Hylden possible fucking up everything

>resolved

Wew bretheren
>>
File: IMG_0235.jpg (107KB, 259x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0235.jpg
107KB, 259x223px
>>378189927
>he missed on the best parts of the story because soul reaver ended on a cliffhanger

Lmao. Incredible how they planned to end it at Soulreaver 1 but had to rewrite the ending and the story became one of the best in videogames.
>>
>tfw no more Tony Jay

LoK wouldn't be LoK without him.
>>
>>378190319
Why not? Just get Troy Baker to do his voice, he would fut the role.
>>
>>378185763
>Amy Hennig was the series director for Legacy of Kain

How in the fuck?
>>
File: 1491444967013.jpg (27KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
1491444967013.jpg
27KB, 445x445px
>>378190401
>Just get Troy Baker to do his voice

no please no
>>
So, LoKsouls game?
>>
>>378190319
I haven't gotten that far in the remastered Planescape: Torment, but I wonder if they reused the same voice from the original, or if they found someone that sounds like Tony Jay.
>>
File: 353222.jpg (23KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
353222.jpg
23KB, 500x281px
>>378185763
IT STILL HURTS
>>
File: 1477947287457.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1477947287457.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
What if you toss a coin enough times?
>>
>>378190653
>Soul Reaver remake with Dark Souls everything (worlddesign, combat, ect)

YES

>>378190607
What's wrong with Troy Baker? He's a proffesional VA you know that right?
>>
File: 1470744647584.gif (132KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
1470744647584.gif
132KB, 310x266px
>>378190891
>>
>>378190653
The gameplay never really has been the highlight of this series, but something akin to that could fit with a new LoK, although Defiance was leaning to more DMC-like (if albeit very lightly) combat. SR1 is a standout because they actually put a lot of thought into the design of the game, it's essentially a 3D Metroidvania where you need to acquire different abilities to access more and more parts of the game world, which are locked out until you get those abilities, like climbing walls and phasing through gates. Of course, that fits with the story, and how you were discovering not only Raziel, who he is and all that, but what happened to the world after Kain refused the sacrifice.

So a new game could be made with that same sort of combat, only that Kain would be wielding the Soul Reaver, unless they made it so that you have to use different weapons and then get the SR at a later point, as a sort of callback to BO1.
>>
>>378190891
"Suppose one day, it lands on your ass" Cane, Soup River 2
>>
>tfw trying to play any BO or LOK game on a modern pc with a controller is a complete shitshow
>>
BO1 is the master race
>>
>>378191213
Hell, I find it brilliant that in SR1, Raziel is beyond death, and so if he is too wounded in the physical realm, he shifts into the spectral realm to heal, and if he sustains spirit damage there, he just goes back to the Elder God, not only reinforcing the notion that the game purports, but also integrating this plot point mechanically into the game. Similarly, I like how when you use Kain, your health is constantly being drained and you need to feed regularly, or you will be severely weakened, at which point Kain turns into a swarm of bats and retreats. There is no absolute failstate, so you can continue with the story.
>>
File: lor.png (65KB, 1127x221px) Image search: [Google]
lor.png
65KB, 1127x221px
>>
File: IMG_0976.jpg (510KB, 1581x1358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0976.jpg
510KB, 1581x1358px
>>378191213
I recently went back to Soul Reaver 1 and it amazed me how well put together the world map was on some part. It's got neat connections that loop back on themseves, the map makes sense (lake of the dead physically is right above underworld where you start the game) the world and world progression feels organic with no loading screens, and the combat is actually pretty strategic and fun with the whole vampires only dying through special means gimmick and the soul reaver being powerful but being lost when taking a hit.

That and the smooth transition between dimensions is also neat for a game of that time.
>>
File: 1480902130363.jpg (72KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1480902130363.jpg
72KB, 517x768px
>>378191761
>>
>>378191213
I probably played Soul Reaver for the first time when I was 13 or so, and I honestly had too much fun just bullying vampires.

>Beat the shit out of vampires
>impale them with a spear
>they resurrect
>set them on fire
>they resurrect
>finally hang their ass on a wall spike and eat their soul

2edgy
>>
>>378191724
They really need to remake this one, if only to get rid of the archaic menus and the goddamn loading.
>>
>>378191804
>you can grab stones and vases while swimming to gain weight and walk underwater
>that underwater tunnel from Rahab's area that loops you back to Melchia's/Raziel's area
>going into the spectral world and eating the wraith when there's an impaled vampire nearbh makes the vamoire dissolve disappear, taking off the impailment makes the vampire resucitate with wraith characteristics
>Dumah vampires get scared if you use Dumah's constricting ability in front of them
>humans in the human city worship you if you spare them and kill vampires in their home

I love all those little details I had never noticed before
>>
>>378191804
>and the soul reaver being powerful but being lost when taking a hit
Yeah, this reminds me of Zelda a bit, and the sword beams that only shoot out your sword when you're at full health.

I love the progression of SR1, and how you are constantly losing health when you're in the physical realm in the beginning, and the first boss gives you an ability you can only use in the spirit realm, which is an ability you use to be able to enter the fortress that Kain built around the Pillars. And then you have the first fight against Kain, and by this moment, you have learned enough to actually feel motivated and compelled to take Kain down because of all he's done. Of course, as Kain tells you at the end of the game, you've discovered your past, but you know nothing of it, which I think is just brilliant. It's such a well made game.

>and the smooth transition between dimensions is also neat for a game of that time.
This is also another thing I feel it was or could have been sort of inspired by Zelda, as that is a recurring mechanic in those games. BO1 itself felt like an adult overhead 2D Zelda game to me, as well.

Altough it's only smooth on PC, and perhaps Dreamcast but I've never played that version.
>>
File: Kain refused the sacrifice.gif (992KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
Kain refused the sacrifice.gif
992KB, 500x338px
>>378190891
>>
>>378191974
>Impaling vampires and letting their soul go into the spectral real
>follow right after and consume their souls to return them to the will of fate

Omae wa shinderu

why the fuck does Raziel's scarf travel with him into the spectral real if all the other material stuff always get left behind when changing dimensions? Looks cool as fuck tho
>>
File: Shadow_Man.jpg (151KB, 509x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Man.jpg
151KB, 509x350px
Can we get a remake of Shadow Man while we're at it?
>>
>>378192217
>shifting into spectral realm in front of Dumah
I did that by mistake on one of the many replays I've done of the game, and holy shit, that conversation is easily missable since you can't get it after you remove the spikes
>>
>>378192472
Apparently that's not his scarf. It's actually a part of his body that looks like his cape. I guess with it resting on him for 500 years it joined with him or something.
>>
>>378191974
>set them on fire
>they resurect

They never resurect of you burn them or throw them into water tho.

>>378192265
>and the sword beams that only shoot out your sword when you're at full health.

You can also shoot energy beams even when you loose your sword. I like it better because you can actually aim like a scope instead of the sword being in the way. I don't know if the attack is weaker tho.
>>
>>378192686
Maybe I made a mistake, I haven't played in years.

Do they resurrect after you throw them through a beam of sunlight?
>>
>>378192686
>I don't know if the attack is weaker tho
It is, yeah, but what you're doing without the Reaver is just a telekinetic blast. What I do love about that ability is that the beam has the properties that the Reaver has at the moment, and also how you can regain the Fire Reaver at any time by passing it over any flame in the game, how you can lose the enhancement if you shift to spectral or go into any body of water, etc I love shit like that, that attention to detail
>>
>>378192568
Only if we get the same guy for Jaunty back.
>>
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=488564

I recommend anyone interested in how Soul traver was made to check that link out.
>almost 2/3 of Soul Reaver was cut out due to time constraints
>there were a lot of areas and abilities that we never got

Oh well, at least we got a better story.
Fun fact, in the original ending you were supposed to ourify the reaver and kill Kain with it, and if you tried to attack him with the regular reaver he is not hurt and just laughs. Sonif you use the cheat code to get the reaver earlier and try to attack him with it he will just laugh. I guess they never took his immunity to the reaver out in the part of the game.

>>378192265
Yeah, I love how you're constantly getting new abilities and becoming more resilient while getting motivated storywise to kill Kain.
>>
>>378192265
>>378193027
Forgot to add that once you get the Reaver and you get full health, it sustains your physical form, which is yet another strong sign of progress.

Also, yeah, there were a lot more Reaver enhancements, although I guess they got relegated to those abilities you can use, like the one that turns enemies to stone, etc

I also like how they have nods to the cut content in the Chronoplast, where you see visions of the cut content, or as the game puts it, portents of possible futures
>>
thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgzbyd2MhbE
>>
>>378193015
>Only if we get the same guy for Jaunty back.
Why? He sounds like literally every irish dude I've ever met
>>
>go to the human village
>put the cheatcode where you can change between dimensions anywhere without the need of a portal
>spook the humans and as they try to run away I shift dimensions and go right in front to where they're running to and switch back to the material plane
>pretendy I'm an edgy vampire ghost that can teleport and stop time

I loved just fucking around with the npc's

>>378192793
Nah. They only ever resurect if you impale them and then take whatever you impaled them with out. If you burn them/throw them into a spike/throw them into water they don't resurect because they can't get out of harm's way to heal.

>>378192968
Yeah. You can also set vampires on fire instantly if you shoot them with a telekinetic blast if you imbue the reaver with fire. Also love how whenever you change from the material to spectral real whatever your holding stays floating in time since time sort of stops.
>>
>>378193376
Consistency.
>>
>>378185763
It did get an end. You seem to be misunderstanding something. The story is about Kain first and foremost, Raziel is literally just a backstory that explains the power of Kain's sword, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>378193361
Man I know the Soul Reaver intro by heart. Inlove that soundtrack
>>
>>378189972
Its not about the elder god, pillars, or hylden you fucking retard.
>>
>>378193651
And? Kain's goal for the last 3 games is to restore the pillars and bring back vampires. Neither of those got resolved in Defiance
>>
>>378193759
>>378193651

Kain's motivation for doing everything he does between Soul Reaver 1 and Defiance besides trying to save Raziel is to fix nosgoth.
Yes the story is about Kain, but Kain's story is about him trying to save Nosgoth, which he doesn't by the end of Defiance, he just gets hope that he might be able to.
>>
>>378193885
>And?
And It did get an end. You seem to be misunderstanding something. The story is about Kain first and foremost, Raziel is literally just a backstory that explains the power of Kain's sword, nothing more, nothing less...

Can you not read or what? You a fucking retard? Read the fucking post, And nothing, it ended, its over, fuck off with it, its done.

Its about kain.

Your reasoning is retarded, The three parts of Lord of the rings were mostly frodo walking to mordor, doesn't make the books magically a public service announcement for proper footwear you fucking imbecile.
>>
File: 1448743111378.png (435KB, 950x881px) Image search: [Google]
1448743111378.png
435KB, 950x881px
>recently started playing the series
>blood omen starts with kain being murdered and revived by tony jay, who has ambiguous ambitions, and sets kain on a path of vengeance.
>soul reaver starts with raziel being murdered by kain and revived by a different tony jay who has ambiguous ambitions, and sets raziel on a path of vengeance.
MALIK
>>
>>378193982
>is to fix nosgoth.
And then there's this faggot who literally got 0% of the story.
>>
This is a comfy thread.
>>
>>378194042
>The story is about Kain is done
>Even though the catalyst for all of Kain's actions throughout all the games is not adressed
Stop samefagging retard >>378194119
>>
>>378194042
What are you so mad? What don't you understand about the salvation of Nosgoth being the main goal for Kain as a character? You seem to be the one that doesn't understand Kain as a character.
>>
>>378194239
>Respond to two different posts.
>Stop samefagging

Holy shit, this is what autism looks like?
Your reasoning is retarded, The three parts of Lord of the rings were mostly frodo walking to mordor, doesn't make the books magically a public service announcement for proper footwear you fucking imbecile.

>>378194248
How did you actually manage to play the game and miss 100% of the story?

You didn't actually play it, did you?
>>
>>378194374
>That completely stupid LotR analogy
>Again
What's your fucking problem? Can you explain how Kain's story is done?
>>
File: IMG_0977.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>378194374
There's two guys responding to you btw. Your analogy is irrelevant. You keep repeating yourself like it's gonna change the fact that you're making no sense.

Unless you specify what you think the story is about then stop shitpoating anytime.
>>
>>378185763
do you really want some fat lesbo modern "writer" to end the series? just be happy its not ruined
>>
>>378194072
Oh man, I was rewatching the series on youtube and I kept noticing all these parallels between Raziel and Kain. I'm trying to remember them because I know there were a few.
>>
File: IMG_0905.png (631KB, 1263x3316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.png
631KB, 1263x3316px
>>
THE
HEART
OF
DARKNESS
>>
>>378194982
>VAE VICTUS WOE TO THE CONQUERED, I HAVE FOUND THE HEART OF DARKNESS AND YOU, GO TO OBLIVION
>>
>>378185763
What is it that is making you suddenly keep posting about this franchise? I know you are the same person who keeps posting it so don't act like you aren't.
>>
>>378191724

I like that game a lot more than I used to. In some ways it has the best gameplay in the series.
>>
File: IMG_0978.jpg (21KB, 506x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0978.jpg
21KB, 506x240px
>>378195158
>remember watching some review of Soul Reaver 1
>reviewer talks about how much of an asshole Kain is and how it makes you wanna rip his still beating heart out of his chest and shove it in his face
>mfw it actually happens
>>
>>378189972
didn't all the Hylden shit get wrapped up in Blood Omen 2? or was I the only person who played that one?
>>
File: IMG_0979.jpg (100KB, 828x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0979.jpg
100KB, 828x404px
>>378195282
Wow it's almost as if people like making threads about videogames they like on videogame boards.
>>
>>378193027

If that strikes your fancy and you've somehow never seen this site, take a look at this http://www.thelostworlds.net/
>>
>>378194072

>A new player starting with Blood Omen

Now that's rare. Nice to hear about though.
>>
>>378195620
Okay look stfu homo. This is like the third LOK thread I've seen this week and even on /vr/ I'd say the franchise is niche. It is very easy to come to the conclusion you are the same guy that posted these threads. This series gets like no discussion at all. Very rare to ever see threads yet 3 in just this week.

Not saying you shouldn't post them. I'm just wondering why now from seemingly out of nowhere?
>>
>>378195978

>I'm just wondering why now from seemingly out of nowhere?

Not that guy, but why do you care? Even if it is the same person (I don't necessarily think it is. Starting a thread can get others interested in talking about the series again and they'll start their own threads), why do you care if he wants to talk about a video game he likes? It's not like the board is covered in as many LoK threads as Persona 5 threads.
>>
File: 1440280544997.jpg (35KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
1440280544997.jpg
35KB, 640x344px
>>378195879
>people who don't start with blood omen
i heard it was pretty dated. ...and it was, but it was still perfectly playable. the worst part about it being having to go back and forth from the menus to change weapons but i legitimately loved the entire ride.
>>
>>378196186

It's dated for sure, but fun I think. Load times are atrocious though. The PC version is nice just because they don't exist.
>>
>>378191724
I still play BO1 about once a year. Story is so good.
>>
>>378196102
>Not that guy, but why do you care?
I don't hate the threads. I just find it pretty interesting how so many threads on a niche dead series when it gets very little discussion ever on this board. There was a Hexen and Heretic thread earlier and if I saw a ton of threads on it like with this obviously I would naturally be curious. I would also assume it must be the same guy doing it considering the fact games like these barely ever come up on this board. This isn't MGS or Souls games you know?

> Starting a thread can get others interested in talking about the series again and they'll start their own threads), why do you care if he wants to talk about a video game he likes? It's not like the board is covered in as many LoK threads as Persona 5 threads.
Like I said I don't care or better way of putting it hate the threads. It just made me curious is all.
>>
>>378195586
You're not, and the Hylden Lord implied that the Hylden would return. We already see in SR2 what will eventually happen, even though that was before the reshuffling of the timeline with the final SR2 paradox. In any case, it doesn't seem like they are all fully defeated.
>>
>>378186852
but anon

tony jay IS dead
>>
>>378196380
You sound insufferably autistic dude. Give it a rest. We get it.
>>
>>378191724
>Alas, poor Nurpraptor.
>I knew him well.
>...Not really.
>>
>>378196385

The Hylden were such a weird foe. Honestly I preferred the simpler vampires vs humans struggle.
>>
>>378196380
>Like I said I don't care or better way of putting it hate the threads. It just made me curious is all.
>Okay look stfu homo. This is like the third LOK thread I've seen this week

Yeah you sound autistic
>>
FUCK THOSE SPIDER VAMPIRES AND FUCK THAT CATHEDRAL PLACE
>>
>>378196556
> Please! Help me, kind sir!
> Slurrppppppp
>>
>>378196660

There is something very gross about watching flesh meld with architecture. It creeps me out, yet I can't look away.
>>
>>378196615
Well, they've been there as enemies since BO1, but yeah, I know what you mean. But Kain would have to deal with both the Elder God and the Hylden if he wants to save Nosgoth.
>>
>>378196650
Yeah I said stfu homo. Because you posted a stupid shitty lame fuccboi post I've seen parroted here billions of times.

You are the fucker who started shit with your sarcastic post fag.
>>
>>378196283
yeah, i played the PC version.
>>378196309
the story is one of the things i liked the most about it. it is straight forward and fast paced but still pretty engaging. and since it is a ps1 game, some things come off as a little goofy but that only adds to the charm of it. and it is pretty self-contained, surprising given the reputation of the series. granted, things that were added on to the lore with the other games changes the whole ball game but if it were just a stand alone title, it could have just been one game.
>>
>>378196827

You need to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>378196385
yeah but wasn't it the stuff that happened in Soul Reaver 2 that created the Timeline we play in Blood Omen 2? like when Raziel wakes up Janos its in the past and then that scene in BO2 where Janos returns all Hylden possessed and shit because Raziel woke him up? God I fucking hate time travel stories some times.
>>
>Moebius is a good servant, I have many
>And if I tell him he's worshipping a giant squid, you think his faith will falter?
>>
>>378196827
No seriously. The way you lck self-awareness and tried to hide your buttblastery behind "I was just curious" is really autistic behavior. Your post just seems to corroborate
>>
>>378196953
Yes. In the original timeline, Janos remained dead, and his heart was used by Mortanius to create Kain as a vampire. Then, because Raziel brought him back, then Janos got posessed. And it wasn't until the last paradox when the timeline was reshuffled to accommodate those actions that Kain "remembered" the events of BO2.
>>
>>378196935
And you need to learn that this place isn't your personal hugbox fag.
>>378197181
I was in fact curious. I didn't lie. I'd bet money you really are the same faggot who posted the other threads to and you are just denying that you are.
>>
>>378196909

>and it is pretty self-contained, surprising given the reputation of the series

Well Silicon Knights only intended one game about Kain as far as I can recall, though they mused making a game about Vorador. Kinda sad that never happened. After Blood Omen though, the rights of the game ended up in Crystal Dynamic's hands and they chose to make one more game (which was cut short due to time constraints, so they had to make another game... which also didn't get to end, so they made Blood Omen 2 for some reason and Defiance to finally tie things up.)
>>
>>378197274
>he's still here arguing with people on a thread about a game he doesn't care about

Again, you're autistic
>>
>>378185763
Defiance was pretty complete thematically, whatever it may have left hanging in terms of plot. The real important stuff was dealt with.

I've always felt that the series deteriorated into dull wankery after the first Soul Reaver anyway; Blood Omen is the best of them all by far.
>>
>>378197485
>autistic
>le autism
>autist

You really can't say anything other than buzzwords and other such regurgitated shit can you? Why don't you stop replying to me and go back to discussing your dead game instead of NEEDING to get the last word you loser? kek
>>
Tried replaying all games beginning with SR1 but oh boy they aged like milk. I still like them but I don't want to play them. God bless youtube.
>>
>>378197830
>beginning with SR1
>skipping the best one
>>
>>378197274

I'm not mad. I'm just noticing a pattern with you that screams "teenager". You're swearing in a way that isn't consistent with most posters on /v/. Or 4chan. I'm not the best at putting this to words, (I am quite autistic) But the best example I can give is... you're trying too hard? I mean, adults swear just as much as kids. It's just that it has a tendency to change as they get older. You're kind of acting like you're trying way too hard to fit in among your peers or integrating with board/site culture.

tl;dr autist anon thinks other anon is an underage newfag on a turkish squatting forum.
>>
>>378197830
while I wan't to say I'd like to see remakes of the LoK games I know they would turn out garbage.
>>
>>378198026
Senpai I beat BO on ps1 when I was 12 I think and since then I think it's better to read about this game than to actually play it.
>>
Dead Sun gameplay was so awful. But design and story was so promising.
>>
>>378198205
It has the best overall game design of them all, though, and is the one game in the series that most consistently holds up.

I think the first Soul Reaver is also pretty great overall, though. SR2 is where things went to shit, story and gameplay both.
>>
File: Cast him in.gif (2MB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
Cast him in.gif
2MB, 400x280px
>>378198265
>But design and story was so promising.
>>
File: ahst.png (549KB, 582x804px) Image search: [Google]
ahst.png
549KB, 582x804px
>Tony Jay ded
>Michael Bell is probably on his way out
>Simon Templeman is too busy doing bit parts in British tv shows and hanging out with Amy Hennig
NEVER

EVER
>>
>>378197642
Ok stfu autismo
>>
>>378198453
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI
>not liking this atmosphere
>>
https://youtu.be/5bTT39cTZVI

Is the va who plays Raziel still alive?
>>
>>378189783
he was literally thrown out from the wheel of destiny when kain ripped off his wings and threw him into the well.
the elder god found the anomaly and worked it on his favor.
>>
>>378198405

Yeah this. I still love the others (except BO2), but I used to love the others a lot more when I was younger. I replayed the series recently for the first time in years and BO1 has become my favorite. It's the game I've played the least (except maybe for BO2) and I wasn't a huge fan of it before.
>>
>>378198510
>being this assblasted

You clearly were inssecure about your favorite dead shitty series this whole time weren't you?
>>
>>378189927
if only they played the intro from soul reaver 2 as soul reaver's ending...
https://youtu.be/lfzif5uO6xM
instead, we got "congratulations! you escaped from jurassic park." ending.
>>
File: IMG_0980.png (22KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980.png
22KB, 320x179px
>>378198767
>it's been almost an hour
>he's still here

Haha oh wow
>>
File: 1492404911243.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492404911243.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>378198459
What a depressing tweet.
>>
>>378198643
Yeah, he still works, usually acts in one or two things a year. Most recently he played General Dodonna in Star Wars Rebels. He's like 79 years old now I think. I was really surprised when I found out how old he was because Raziel always had this youthful naive quality to his voice.
>>
>>378198878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9YCeq6ilM
soul reaver 2 is my favorite anime
>>
File: IMG_0202.jpg (459KB, 1800x1615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.jpg
459KB, 1800x1615px
>>378198918
Someone needs to kidnap all the surviving LoK cast and forced them to make another game together

Also, would Raziel stand a chance against this guy?
>>
>>378198885
>implying I am doing nothing else but posting in this one thread
>>
>>378199234
yes, after a long 5 minute monologue about how humans can become just as grotesque as any vampire could.
>>
>>378199440
>he has officially wasted one hour on a thread about a game he "doesn't care about"

Lmao
>>
>>378198730
even if blood omen 2 gets a lot of shit, and as a fan of the franchise i totally understand why, blood omen 2 is a quite solid game on its own.
i loved the fact that every single encounter you have in that game is a life or death one.
>>
If they ever reboot the series they should just reboot blood omen and SR1 and use the original SR1 ending where there isnt a cliffhanger
>>
>>378190940
Soul Reaver was, in a sense, Dark Souls before Dark Souls, sharing some structural and tonal similarities (explorable "dead" world, "undead" protagonist, and metroidvania aspects).

Chakan the Forever Man being the other IP that would fit the DS mild like a glove.
>>
>>378185763
I really need to replay and actually complete everything about this franchise, a >mature view probably is better than the child me.
I remember being amazed by everything anyway, also some faggot itt said "it wasnt about the combat"
thats bullshit, the combat and all the shit you could do was amazing
>>378199739
i think >enhanced or complete remake adding all the cut content would be the best outcome possible
>>
>>378185763

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEkNgvTbDQU

here you go anon
>>
>>378199532
>he has officially wasted one hour on a thread arguing with a person who doesn't care about the game he cares about

Lmao
>>
>>378199836
>"it wasnt about the combat"
But that's true. At least as the series progressed. Their priority wasn't designing a great combat system, even with Defiance, combat is serviceable at best. Now BO1 and SR1, those were carefully designed in every aspect. But the rest of the games, combat is only a means to an end and definitely, most certainly not one of the main draws. If you had fun, awesome, but that's not what we're talking about here.
>>
>>378199739
Except then it just ends with raziel killing kain and you miss all the fantastic twists and turns as the writers struggle to tie everything together.
>>
>>378200543
if you are talking about priority then you are right, it was never about that but nevertheless it was bretty gud for a game mainly about story/lore
>>
>>378196385
Isn't the entire timeline kind of fucked now since Kain's supposed to have died twice already, the Soul Reaver's not supposed to be purified, Moebius has been super killed, and there's still a young Kain out dicking around doing god knows what?
>>
>>378200582
Thats not how it was supposed to end.

After a third fight with kain you glide up the volcano chimney in turel's cut dungeon to get to the higher area of the silent cathedral so you can activate the weapon and wipe out the vampires. Thats why the cathedral has a teleporter room at the top near zephons room
>>
>>378198205
>reading about BO1
>not listening to Kain's god like narration
step it up Moebius
>>
>>378201014
You're still missing out on all the twists and turns for a simple story about revenge.
>>
>>378198610
>no Kain
>no Raziel
who cares
>>
>>378201014
I thought you purify the reaver to kill him. Besides I think it's worse either way.
>>
>>378201125
>listening to BO1
>not using a time streaming device to tell a younger you to play BO1, therefore forcing a paradox in which any versions of you that haven't experienced BO1 is expelled from the stream of time

Come on my little blue demon, are you so simple?
>>
>>378200989
The young Kain at the end of Defiance is BO1 Kain, who will go through the events of BO1 and 2 and SR2 to end up there. What I've thought is for old Kain to find a way to replace his younger self with his older self somehow without messing up with the timeline too much, like in the Prince of Persia games with the mask and the whole thing.
>>
>>378187892
If only, at this point I'm ok with it. After they tried to make Nosgoth work, anything released from the same game universe can't be that bad.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.