[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agree or disagree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Arms-Nintendo-Switch.jpg (102KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
Arms-Nintendo-Switch.jpg
102KB, 750x400px
Arms is to the fighting game what Splatoon is to the online shooter or Mario Kart to the driving game
>>
agree

games with competitive depth that get shat on because they're colorful and cartoony

what appears to be chaotic on the surface is actually very calculated and tactical
>>
>>378184819
>very calculated and tactical
Woomy
>>
>>378184819
Agree completely on Splatoon, disagree with MK.

I love MK, but it's not competitive for shit.
>>
File: 1402515703985.png (115KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1402515703985.png
115KB, 750x750px
>>378185850
>>378185936
i love how people shit on splatoon all the time when they have no idea how tactical and intense ranked is at higher levels

i don't have a switch yet, and i'll have to play it for myself, but ARMS could possibly be another competitive tier game
>>
No. Splatoon and Mario Kart are actualy competent games.

Arms is at best a badly polished Chuck Cheese arcade game. Awfully easy and weak.
>>
>>378184631
So...fun?
>>
>>378186154
No
>>
Disagree

It has potential and the game is fun at times, but it suffers from poor control schemes and lack of polish we saw from both Splatoon and it's sequel during the Testfires. I do hope that the full game changes this however.

I think it will do well within it's own circles and maybe as a party game title, but won't reach up to where Splatoon and MK have managed to reach.
>>
>>378184631
Agree. Casual garbage that kills the genre that it vaguely represents.
>>
>>378184631
I wouldn't say it's on the level of Mario Kart of Splatoon yet. At least not from what I've played so far.

It's fun and does have potential though.
>>
>>378186050
>i love how people shit on splatoon all the time when they have no idea how tactical and intense ranked is at higher levels
Yeah, that shit annoys the hell out of me. Seems like usually whenever I try to show the game off to people IRL, they think ti's too kiddy and childish or something, even people who should know better (like casuals who play Mario Kart and Smash).

I'm interested in ARMS but it doesn't look quite as good as Splatoon did for me.
>>
>>378187337

Splatoon's testfires were functional. You can't say that about ARMS because the controllers are inherently shit.
>>
>>378184631
No arms is a 3D game. Fighters are 2D. Nigga step your game up.
Smash already fills that category anyways.
>>
So irrelevant? I agree
>>
>>378187374
Splatoon wasn't either when it first launched.
>>
File: 1422428611015.jpg (142KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1422428611015.jpg
142KB, 900x900px
>>378187513
>i only play mature children's games for mature children such as myself
>>
>>378188379
(you) tried too hard anon.
>>
>>378188379

>All shit you can play on your PC anyway

Nintendo consoles are for nintendo games and playing while taking a shit, which you can'd do with PC games

here's your (you)
>>
>>378188285
>game has a brilliant, original gameplay mechanic that revolutionizes the way third-person shooters are played
>said game is very well-designed, having good level design for its multi maps
>on top of that, having good gunplay, good music, aesthetics, etc.
>"wtf is this kiddy shit"
>>
File: freereply.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
freereply.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>378188379
nice wojack desu, totally haven't seen that one 100,000 times this week. also:

>wanting to play call of duty
If you're gonna play an overhyped AAA brown shooter, at least have some dignity and play Battlefield.
>>
>>378189361
>>378188948
>>378188887
Why even give free (you)s in the first place if you know he's baiting?
Just report and ignore.
>>
>>378189663
Good response, im bored maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
>>
>>378186050
Splatoon could be competitive if it wasn't for the cancerous specials.
>>
I agree in that they're both more deep than party games but too shallow to take seriously and also get less fun the longer you sit down and play them.
>>
Agree
They're all decent games with clever mechanics that neckbeard, autists take way too seriously and attempt to make """ competitive"""
>>
Be it Smash, Arms, Splatoon, MK8, or some other shallow game, Nintenbros are always trying to pretend that their titles are on the competitive edge because they don't play games outside of their sphere and have nothing to compare them to.

I own a Wii-U with Smash and Mario Kart and Splatoon, planning on getting a Switch too, but you guys need to realize you can play a fun game without shoving competitive autism into it at every turn for nothing more than validation and a cobbled-together air of superiority.
>>
>>378184631
Disagree.

Your analogy works with Smash
>>
File: uh.jpg (52KB, 552x566px) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
52KB, 552x566px
>>378187367
>Vaguely represents genres
>Somehow kills it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.