[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

re-using assets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: compare.png (332KB, 1000x493px) Image search: [Google]
compare.png
332KB, 1000x493px
so i was hoping that far cry 5 wouldn't re-use many of the old far cry 3+4 weapons. because if they went out of their way to remodel + animate+make new sound files for old and new weapons it would probably mean that they went out of their way to make new assets, models, maps, animals etc, and hopefully it wouldn't be recycled trash like 4 was.

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

the far cry 5 shotgun was taken from: https://far-cry.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/game-info/index.aspx?section=toys
>>
File: layered.png (270KB, 1000x493px) Image search: [Google]
layered.png
270KB, 1000x493px
bonus
>>
Personally It doesn't bother me that much, they made enough changes so that it's not a straight asset flip, and hopefully they'll introduce some new guns to the arsenal.
>>
File: 1494549033339.jpg (64KB, 599x659px) Image search: [Google]
1494549033339.jpg
64KB, 599x659px
Whomever is working on Far Cry stopped trying a long time ago, 4 and Primal or whatever it's called use the same world map. I'm surprised people thought they'd actually make a Wild West Far Cry, considering the work that would be needed to go into the guns alone.
>>
To be fair - what do you expect a Double Barrel shotgun to look like? If they just kitbash some shit together or alter the old model a bit with some nicer textures or whatever, there's not much more to do.
>>
will there actually be any fun in exploring, or is it just collect all the dumb shit they've marked out 20x each of all over the map
>>
>>378178594
>butt has harder angles and is longer
>trigger guard is larger
>underbarrel has less bulk
i dont understand
>>
>>378178550
looks like an upgrade all around

i don't really see the issue in this particular case
>>
>different model
>different texture
>>
>>378178550
I don't mind. Guns are guns, how much variation can there be in a sawn off? And this leaves more assets for better writing and hopefully less map filler.
>>
>>378178550
Meh I've never cared about recycled models/textures. It means less work to create new things and it leave us with a greater arsenal of tools.

>>378178935
Even this isn't that all bad. 99% of people didn't notice. Though I do agree that it feels like a sting to offer the game for $60.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.