[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 61dDfqx0W1L._AC_SL1300_.jpg (76KB, 1076x914px) Image search: [Google]
61dDfqx0W1L._AC_SL1300_.jpg
76KB, 1076x914px
What went wrong?
>>
File: don_mattrick_xbox_one.png (157KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
don_mattrick_xbox_one.png
157KB, 380x285px
Zynga was running them when it mattered.
>>
>>378177468
Sony is too powerful
>>
no games. outsold by PS4 by an insanely high margin so I don't even think the execs at MS care to invest any money into more games. At E3, I expect Phil Spencer to just go on stage and bend the knee to a big image of the Sony logo on the screen.

pretty much this >>378177836
>>
I have the S and it makes a great 4k movie player and Halo machine
>>
>>378177468
What didn't? For example, literally no games and one of Xbox' spokesmen told people to just deal with the always online bullshit or buy a 360.
I'm a Sony fag, but gotta admit that everyone else just screwing up made Sony win this gen.
>>
>>378177468
Marketing fuck up right before its release, so many of its userbase switched to sony.
Many more switched to sony because their friends switched.
The rest writes itself.
>>
>>378177468
It's not the champion of multiplats in the console race and the exclusives stink. That said I'm pretty optimistic about the Scorpio, I think they'll do some good with it and I'll finally get an xbox.
>>
File: 1495511413173.jpg (20KB, 234x233px) Image search: [Google]
1495511413173.jpg
20KB, 234x233px
Where are the games?
>>
>>378177468
>What went wrong?
You know what's wrong. It's an Xbone instead of a $8903842 PC cuz pc master race
>>
>>378180350
Did your mom cut your pocket money?
>>
>>378177468
Microsoft: Give us $500 so we can monitor you. Also don't turn off your internet ever or buy a used games.
Sony: Well we only want $400 and won't due any of that gay shit.

The game industry is driven by capitalizing on the competitions' fuck ups.
>>
>>378177468
you see that big black clitoris above the console?

that was a fucking episode...
>>
>>378180530
U DONT KNOW ME.
ree
>>
File: xbtwo.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
xbtwo.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>378180629
Even though they removed all this negative stuff and tried to make it better, this is pretty much why Sony won. It caused a big chain reaction as well, so most casuals got Playstations because that's what their friends got.
I really hope MS wins next gen, because I prefer Xbox in almost every way and hate being on PS4.
>>
>>378177468
They wanted that Wii market cheese and sacrificed hardware specs for gimmick controls.
>>
>>378177468
>Announcement was a universally hated dumpster fire
>Launched too expensive
>Hardware gimped to make room for the Kinect
>Suits canceling games left and right
>By the time they got somebody with some sense the whole thing was burned down and now they're trying to start fresh with the Scorpio
>>
>>378177468
Releasing a console that was less powerful than the PS4 for more money than the PS4. They fucked it up right from the beginning. They might be able to turn it around with the scopio and other shit in the later half of the generation but the people at microsoft at the launch were complete retards and it's hard to come back from a fuck up like that.
>>
>>378182670
The sad thing is the xbone has done so much damage idk if they can even come back from it at all
>>
>>378179580
The ps4 had absolutely shit launch titles. It only out sold the Xbox because Microsoft shot themselves in the for from their own stupidity.
>>
>>378182996
Very hard. Ps3 had a terrible launch too, but they manage to come back towards the end of that generation because if their exclusives. Microsoft damage their image in the gaming market. Even their next gen console is still gonna feel the effect of it.
>>
>>378177468
>TV TV TV during reveal
>Reveal game with TV show segments and Halo TV show instead of other games
>TV stuff is really only for Americans so everywhere else doesn't care
>Forced always on Kinect just months before all the NSA spying on everyone news dropped
>$100 more expensive than PS4
>Weaker than PS4
>Announced with 24hr forced online check-ins, even for physical games
>Can't loan/resell physical games as they're tied to your account.
>Promise of being able to sell digital games and "share" all your games with your friendslist but never really gave any meaningful or concrete information about how that actually worked because it was nowhere near as nice as they were implying

Most normalfags and casuals only care for multiplats anyway, so why would they buy the more expensive, weaker hardware with forced online checks and an always listening microphone in their house instead of the cheaper more powerful option that's pretty much just like their 360 that they loved.
>>
>>378183754
I have faith in Spencer getting more games onto the platform, here's hoping for a good E3.
>>
>>378178394
TBF it did have some, but Sony was riding the DRM hate wave to the bank by then. Price didn't help either, especially with the manditory Kinect.

At least we PCbros can use it for MoCap and FaceTracking so it's not that bad....
>>
>>378177468
Xbox brand. No good inhouse exclusives, underpowered, and kinect.

Shitshow.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.