[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the biggest fuck you to the west yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Pso2_gamewall.jpg (705KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pso2_gamewall.jpg
705KB, 1920x1080px
Was this the biggest fuck you to the west yet?
>>
>>378176309
You posted it.
>>
File: Summer-Lesson.jpg (267KB, 600x734px) Image search: [Google]
Summer-Lesson.jpg
267KB, 600x734px
>>
>>378176309
nah anime becoming mainstream in general was
>>
It's such a corporate cesspool of product placement I don't even want it anymore.
>>
>>378176309
It was really shitty that Sega announced it for release in North America and then it became vaporware. But when you realize how much of a expensive licensing nightmare PSO2 is, you will understand why it never made it to the west.
>>
They did us a favor, game is bad
>>
>>378176309
Should of posted Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.
>>
>>378179041
That and VC3 didnt happen because both of them sold terribly

You cant blame a company for pirates pirating their games
>>
>>378179181
phantasy star portable 2 infinity specifically didn't get localized because some dataminer from pso-world pissed off a sega employee and their marketing promoters by leaking a bunch of promo keys for items.
>>
>>378179615
that, and it sold 20k across america and europe had something to do with it. money speaks a lot more than a promo marketing offer, although that did suck and i remember it.
>>
>>378176309
Probably would have died out anyway if were to be released. Half the content nowadays is just collaborations, none of which would ever reach the West. People in the west would definitely not put up with the EQ system either.
>>
>>378179874
yup, pso2 is strictly for the gooks. pso and psu were actually for global audiences and it showed, as it wasn't drowning in anime horseshit like pso2 is.
>>
>>378179874
doesn't this game also have a gacha like system too? pay cash to get items and if you pay enough money you get bonus items?
>>
>>378180093
only for cosmetics and shit you don't really need.
>>
>>378180093
Also, depends on the pub. Trading requires vip. SEA version, just close down has this. To avoid gold selling too much but still, shit game because asiasoft just too dumb to add new contents
>>
>samurai class
>awesome
>a few months later
>they nerfed it
>just a normal swordsman
Im glad sea version die
>>
>>378180126
There's scratches that would give element changers/adders and special ability affixes though.

Also I'm pretty sure Episode 5 would even be more out of place and anime.
>>
>>378180408
Bravers are one of the strongest classes in the japanese version.
>>
>>378179181
>VC3
>pirates being involved at all with West localization

Funny shit.
>>
>>378180645
Bow Bravers, and even then they get outclassed by Fighters and Forces.
>>
>>378177516

The fucked thing is, people'd be ok if they just said "no it's not coming." Not happy, but ok.

But they can't even do that. Even though everyone knows it's not going to come west, they keep doubling down on the maybe, perhaps, we'll see, etc.

Modern sega is truly a toilet of a company.
>>
>>378180673
right, vc2 selling terribly must have been the least likely reason why vc3 wasnt bothered with. ill leave the sharp witted, shrewd business knowledge to a basement dweller crying for unlocalized games.
>>
>>378176309
sunk enough in to get to cap, quit when the yamato eq came out

just not enough content, just above hitler drop rates, only 1 lobby as compared to psu which even for all its faults retained the charm of pso bb and expanded upon gameplay while still keeping it faithful. by extension pso2's balance feels fucked, every class is a catchall that plays exactly like the others, only gunner has any real sort of execution depth.

also the levels are bland as fuck
>>
>>378180752
At this point, I think Sega literally forgot about PSO2. They went through so many community managers that the new guy simply isn't even aware that PSO2 exists.
>>
>this video is almost 5 years old now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ZPgxStE4
>>
>>378176309
there are games with cross-promo pso2 stuff that you can get in english, it's funny
>>
File: k den.gif (3MB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
k den.gif
3MB, 480x268px
>was in college when I got all excited for the announcement of PSO2
>now three years removed from graduation and working full time and still no western release

at this point I'd be happy with a PS4 or Switch port of PSO
>>
>>378183850
There's absolutely no reason not to play the Japanese version if you really want it that badly. Literally the only upside to a western release would be buying the cash shop currency being more convenient.
>>
>people still complaining about PSO2 not coming out in the west

Holy shit, just play on the japanese servers with the english patch. Much better this way, having all the updates and content instead of getting some shitty western release that would be way behind jp version and missing half the collabs.
>>
>>378181048
>release first entry for series on a console
>release sequel on a handheld

What did Sega mean by this?
>>
>>378184265
It's the principle of the goddamn fact. When you say you're going to bring it over, you damn well better or make an announcement and formally say it didn't go through and apologize.
And the collabs are fucking retarded.
>>
>>378184762
I played the Japanese version. I cosign this post 100%
>>
>>378176309
>biggest

Oh yeah
Because Phantasy Star is so popular over here in the west, huh?
Of fucking course it isnt.
I dont even need to check to know none of the localized games sold over 500k.
>>
I'm downloading PSO2 right now and I already have over 1000 hours in it. Recommend me another MMO.
>>
>>378177205
You mean because they scrapped the dumb blonde bimbo?
>>
File: 1494821606727.png (56KB, 224x205px) Image search: [Google]
1494821606727.png
56KB, 224x205px
>>378176309
>Only really play the game now to do new content (rip the music if I like it) at least once and play Challenge Quest on occasion
>Game likes to fuck up all the time now while playing challenge quest to the point where my computer crashes; can tell when it's about to fuck up when music stops playing but everything else runs fine

Maybe I just need to reinstall but god damn if it isn't frustrating. Also I'm surprised at how good the translation patch is getting.
>>
>>378184265
>some shitty western release that would be way behind jp version
This would actually be a plus at this point. Reliving the days when the game was good would be nice, but I doubt it'd actually happen, when they could start with Episode 4 ensuring that all new content to look forward to is prety much rubbish.

Now, if a new version of the game started all the way back in E1 with all the old content being relevant again, I'd play that like the motherfucking fist of the phantasy star.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.