[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tim Cain Becomes a Literal Faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: tim cain a literal faggot.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tim cain a literal faggot.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/tim-cain-at-reboot-develop-2017-building-a-better-rpg-seven-mistakes-to-avoid.114809/

>Mistake #1 - Steep Learning Curves: Tim thinks character creation in Fallout, Arcanum and other RPGs was too complex. He's experimenting with creating a completely numberless character system that uses geometric shapes to visualize attributes.

>Mistake #2 - Letting Math Trump Psychology: Revealing the influence of the years he spent developing Wildstar, Tim wants to develop mechanics that are psychologically satisfying and addictive, even at the expense of mathematical elegance. For example, he says the player's first attack against an enemy should always hit even if his overall hit percentage is the same regardless, and that rather than allow players to increase their critical hit chance, they should only be allowed to increase their critical hit damage.

What happened?
>>
>>378173346
SHAPES!
>>
Tim Cain has always been gay.
>>
>shapes to visualize attributes
We want the mentally retarded audience.
>>
>>378173346

>geometry
>numberless

Good luck with that, you retarded old faggot.
>>
>>378174131
>wooo stat numbers so mentally stimulating
>>
He's sort of right, to be honest. Every single CRPG I've played has been a numbers game to me. It's really hard to play a game in a way that doesn't optimize my character builds.
>>
>>378174515
They aren't. Why is there a need to simplify them further?
>>
File: 1494848169398.jpg (67KB, 747x621px) Image search: [Google]
1494848169398.jpg
67KB, 747x621px
>>378173346
>Steep Learning Curves: Tim thinks character creation in Fallout, Arcanum and other RPGs was too complex.
>Arcanum
Fuck you, you fucking ass gagging faggotron 3000.
I fucking love every little bit of that character creation (and reactions it prompts from npcs). Fuck you.
>>
>>378173346
Because he wants to make an RPG that sells more than 1 million copies for once in his life. In his GDC talk he sounded very much like a dude who's sick of making sleeper hits(years and years later), flawed gems and cult classic niche games.
>>
>geometric shapes to visualize attributes
Literally nothing new.

>mechanics that are psychologically satisfying and addictive, even at the expense of mathematical elegance
Literally nothing new. Civ's been doing this openly for decades.
>>
k
>>
>Shapes
This is just making it harder for people to min max. It's gonna happen, the only difference is that if you don't give out th enumbers outright, there will have to be a shit ton of testing done beforehand. Just look at pokémon, the stats are never fully explained in game, using "shapes" in the newer gens to ilustrate EVs. Absolutely no one looks at those shapes.
>>
File: 1495800065909.jpg (7KB, 248x243px) Image search: [Google]
1495800065909.jpg
7KB, 248x243px
>He's experimenting with creating a completely numberless character system that uses geometric shapes to visualize attributes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.