[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dying Light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Dying_Light_cover.jpg (365KB, 650x804px) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_cover.jpg
365KB, 650x804px
What's the /v/erdict on this game?

Gimme some pros and cons and a review score out of 10.
>>
please stop
>>
Only good thing was the secret Mario level.
>>
I love it.

>Mirror's Edge parkour in a better open world than MEC had
>satisfying but very easy and unrealistic combat
>plot is utterly uninteresting but the characters are at least likable
>pretty lengthy game with tons of side content
>it's cheap now to get the complete edition
>The Following expac adds a shitton of new content
>lots of easter eggs that unlocks secret weapons and tools
>the whole game can be played with 4 player coop
>pvp is interesting
>>
It's pretty good.

But make sure to play on Hard.
>>
>>378172346
>Not playing on Nightmare
Wimp
>>
It's a game that gets worse the more you play it because your character gets so unimaginably powerful it's unreal.
All the story missions are atrocious but you have to choke them down to open up new areas. Side missions are just running back and forth instead of doing anything interesting but at least they give you souvenirs for your little house.
>>
>>378172723
>>378172723
>not playing on impossible
Loser
>>
>>378171461
Very fun first person parkour game, diverse weapons and a great day/night gimmick where you fight weak zombies by day and flee from powerful zombies by night, with exp rewards the longer you survive a chase. Map is beautiful and full of things to find.

That said, while the setting is cool the story is not. The villains are super one-dimensional and predictable. And there are serious balance issues- at the beginning of the game you are helpless and it takes fifty swings to kill even the weakest zombie, and at the end game you are invincible. Grappling hook is also overpowered, fun to use but invalidates your parkour abilities completely.

7/10
>>
>>378171461
Enjoyable, really enjoayble if you bring a friend.
>>
>>378172820
>at the end game you are invincible.
I must have been playing this wrong. Granted, I was playing on the hardest difficulty but mobs were mostly damage sponges and I always had to use one of the many instant kill moves or traps to kill anything.
>>
>>378171461
>fun with friends
>even better on nightmare
>can get pretty spooky at times
>the following dlc is pretty good

>not as fun solo
>game kinda feels short
>most of the following feels like filler
7/10
>>
game would have been a lot better if you didn't have the stamina of old man starting out.
>>
>>378171461
pretty perfect for what it is(a survival crafty zombie horror) until you get the grappling hook. it's genuinely terrifying at first playing in the night, but grappling hook makes parkour trivial and pointless. definitely try and find mods that nerf your upgrades before getting too deep into the game.
>>
>>378171461
Was alright, found it boring towards the end, will say i didn't do the DLC's though, and i hear they added quite alot.

Still, the whole day/night thing could have been cool, but i found that i just slept the nights away so i didn't have to go out into them.
>>
>>378171461
story is shit cliche nonsense
gameplay is okay
its okay i guess / 10
>>
>>378171461
Couldn't play it for more than 2 hours.The combat feels boring, exploration is pointless, the zombie models look dated and it's literally nothing but fetchquests.
Maybe it gets better after a few hours but i couldn't be arsed.
Glad i pirated it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.