[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Underrated indie games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: TAG.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TAG.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
Never see anybody talk about TAG. Was surprised by how good it actually is.
>>
>>378169595
>starting island has info about how long the in-universe day is, how the calendar works, how long is the year and other time related stuff
>start expecting La-Mulana levels of puzzles
>they weren't there
>>
Chucklefuck have been remaking that game for the past 5 years. Maybe it will get a surge of popularity when it releases at treasure adventure world

Agreed though, it's a fantastic game
>>
>>378170106
I still have PTSD from some of the stuff in La-Mulana. Still loved it overall though.

LM2 when?
>>
>>378170124
The sad thing is that the remake actually looks worse than the original.
>>
I remember when these threads used to be huge. Unfortunately all the good indie games get lost under the swathes of wank that gets put up on steam and kikestarter.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 960x720px
Never gets talked about even though it was pretty good.
>>
File: cover_large.jpg (18KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
18KB, 600x359px
>>
>>378173096
Can you fuck off?
>ITT: Underrated indie games
>>
File: youhavetowinthegame.jpg (175KB, 699x383px) Image search: [Google]
youhavetowinthegame.jpg
175KB, 699x383px
super fun + free
>>
>>378169595
Overall pretty good, but I have two complaints:
- The tone has some strange shifts. Those two comic relief characters that keep showing up as a miniboss die a bloody, brutal death after the last time you defeat them, and it comes out of fucking nowhere.
- Figuring out where to go was hard sometimes because of changes in the environment. I can't remember how many times this happens, but there are certain points you reach that cause mushrooms to suddenly grow, allowing you to use them as trampolines. Why not make that into a movement upgrade like "bouncy shroom shoes" or something? Why would I suddenly think to go back and check all the goddamn mushrooms to see if I could bounce on them?
>>
>>378173662
Completely agree with the mushrooms. It was so infuriating to check back on places you already visited just to see if there is some mushroom you can use now.

Something else I disliked was completely leaving it up to the player to figure out how to fast-travel. I spent quite some time sailing back and forth until I realized that you can use those "flowers".
>>
>>378169595
I played it.
I liked it.
I still haven't finished it. Need to find the last two treasures or something.

>>378173662
>>378173851
I don't have a problem with fast travel. Yes, it was something I just randomly discovered, but it was fun just suddenly finding that out.

The mushrooms were just bullshit, though.
>>
>>378174672
What treasures?
>>
>>378175043
Eh, don't concern yourself too much about it. I'll find them eventually. Heck, I ran across one just by randomly diving at some odd points in the ocean. No map or anything.

I think the last thing I was trying was just digging up all the grass/dark ground points, now that I discovered that those locations hold hidden treasure chests. Watch my luck being that the map for the treasure I already found was in one.
>>
>indie
>good
K E K

E

K
>>
probably because the title of the game is fucking retarded as shit. i'll never even give it a chance just because of that.
>>
not only oretty good and indie, TAG is free

>>378170124
no, they're publishing it
>>
>>378177141
underrated doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>378169595
Couldn't get into it. Has some of the standard jankiness of MMF combined with not being very fun to get around in.
>>
>>378177141
yeah let's all play Ubisoft's tower climbing simulator #371 instead
>>
>>378178340
This is the most brilliant reason not to play a game, I'm impressed
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.