[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
What happened to this thing?
>>
I just checked, the servers are dead. Expect for hallway (what a surprise). The forums have been down for ~6 months by now.
>>
I never understood why people played it. There are better free games.
>>
>>378169517
fuck reminding me of this game depresses me. It had such good potential, the game dev has some good ideas then he fucking sold it to Jagex who produced a pile of shit game.
>>
>>378169517
there's usually 4 or 5 active servers on buildandshoot.com
I think they play a bastardised version of the game though and not the original. It's mostly the same. (certainly not as bastardised as the jagex version)

Occasionally somebody on here hosts an ace of spades server on the version they autistically insist is "good"
>>
>>378170676
Which version that happens to be?
>>
>>378169517
This game is just an eternal reminder that if you ever make something for /v/ you should focus on taking care of it and cherishing it, not expecting to get your dick sucked and eventually throw it to the trash for literal cents

RIP ace of spades
>>
>>378170990
0.73 I think.
The last version the original creator made before selling up to jagex, but then after that somebody else came along and made "openspades" an open source version with different maps, actual 3d graphics, etc

/v/ only plays 0.73 because autism
>>
>>378170676
>>378169517
BnS is still slightly alive if you can tolerate playing with BRs.
>>
got sold to jagex and is now called block and load

it has a class system now and it's completely dead
>>
>>378171146
Don't be a fucking idiot. OpenSpades is just a different client with more visual options and shit. You can play on the same servers and nobody can tell if you're using it or the original client.
>>
>>378171230
What a waste of a great name.
>>
I also saw that there's really no any other true voxel game out there besides this and it's derivatives.
>>
It became the best game ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhTZPrtoHZ4
>>
Get in here aos://180274501:40887:0.75
>>
>>378172612
having this bug where I can't look around with the mouse, the gun just bugs around on screen
>>
>>378172993
Seems like you're stuck underground.
>>
File: 25-80.jpg (9KB, 150x126px) Image search: [Google]
25-80.jpg
9KB, 150x126px
>>378171545
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.