[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was this game good? Was it worth the wait/hype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ffxv.jpg (29KB, 740x445px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv.jpg
29KB, 740x445px
So was this game good?
Was it worth the wait/hype?
>>
>>378169203
mediocre.
servicable gameplay, story is total shitshow.
great graphics and animations.
>>
>>378169203
Terrible early access game.
>>
>>378169203
Finished it on thursday and still have mixed feeling about it.
Game play wise is OK, Riding Regalia feels a bit off due to limitations and fighting could get better responsiveness. But they royally fucked up with game length. Whole story feels seriously rushed and undeveloped but at the same time clearly shows the great potential. If they managed to put 10-20 hours more into main story line it could easily be 9-9.5/10 game.
>>
>>378170076
I can't say it has great graphics since almost every frame is mix of pixelated ugliness and next-gen quality. Models are probably best looking from the games I played so far even compared to Ultra on PC but a lot of textures in background are looking like PSX era.
>>
>>378170317
I have mixed feelings too, i fully understand that this game is just wasted potential, but at the same time it so charming.
I really wish they worked on DLC and updates hard, like game would've really benefit from more cutscenes and hard mode for example. Complete Edition might be good idea.
>>
>>378169203
No, it wasn't fucking garbage that's not even worth 5 dollars

Worst offenders are the characters, story and above all the atrocious wannabe action combat
>>
>>378170909
Ignoring it is an option.
>>
>>378170909
I don't know who "he" is but if you're trying to say I'm some well known guy who hates on the game or whatever, no, I am not. I very rarely post in FF15 threads.
>>
>>378170987
>Ignoring it is an option
Haha, i wish most people in XV threads would even try to do that
>>
>>378171159
Nah they wouldn't do that because that means the shitshow would stop.
>>
>>378169203
Holding off on buying this on ps4 since the pc version will most likely be showing up within a year.
>>
>>378170702
I'm pretty skeptic about DLCs. Story is contained in it self without much room to expand without rewriting the story line, so only option is going into the past, probably King Regis era or earlier. Also I wish they made games longer. If they release DLC for like 20-30$ with 5 hours game play then what the point, at this point it would be just a cock-tease and not proper story.
>>
>>378171817
They could make a DLC based on the World of Ruin, if they're not already touching on that with the Comrades add-on.
>>
>>378172252
That's why I'm confused on them asking for people to vote individually on characters. I thought they were gonna do a bunch of people with the Comrades DLC.
>>
>>378169203

Might pirate if it comes to PC but i am pretty much indifferent to it. I don't hate what i've seen but i don't really like the few parts i played at a friend's house either.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.