[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA Wait what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (126KB, 635x761px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
126KB, 635x761px
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA

Wait what?
>>
Dont get it
>>
>>378159706
I wonder if they pay Denuvo a monthly fee that they stop paying when the game gets cracked or if they have to pay big upfront, making into a huge loss if the game gets cracked a few days in.
>>
>>378159829
>>378159706
It means once it is cracked the game gets a update that just removes Denuvo.

Like pretty much every game that runs Denuvo.
Why don't people understand that Denuvo is a temporary thing set in place to pointlessly protect release sales to appease paranoid investors?
>>
>>378161003

You're on /v/. Nobody here understands anything.
>>
>>378161003
How many games have removed Denuvo then after it got cracked?
>>
>>378161325
Basically all of them.
give or take a few more recent releases.
>>
>>378159706
This is standard denuvo policy
>>
>>378161536
Why don't you list them?
>>
>>378161746
Don't have to.
>>378161693
How about doing your own research.
>>
>>378161325
3 games as far as i know DOOM, Inside and 2Dark there's over 50 cracked Denuvo games. I don't get why they keep paying for it even after it's cracked.
>>
>>378161746
>>378161876
>>378161951

>DDOSGaming reports that the 2016 reboot of Doom no longer has Denuvo protection built-in as of an update that went live earlier this week. The move follows a similar pattern to that of Playdead's Inside, which removed Denuvo protection last month. Inside's DRM protection was cracked in August.
>Playdead, Bethesda, and Denuvo have yet to respond to a request for comment from Ars Technica on the matter, but there is significant speculation and discussion (including from one purported Denuvo-associated developer on Reddit) that Denuvo's contracts include a refund clause if the protection is cracked within a certain time period. Doom was cracked roughly four months after its release, while Inside was available for only six weeks before its protection was broken.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/12/after-cracks-developers-remove-denuvo-drm-from-their-games/
>>
>>378161876
Don't have to or you're lying out of your fucking ass? Because most (almost all) games haven't removed Denuvo after being cracked.
>>
>>378162090
Or read the thread dick lips.
Either way you're ignorant.
>>
>>378159706
>they think people will release a crack for their shitty unknown game
>>
>>378162328
Doom, Homefront, Inside, 2Dark and Syberia 3 are the only games that have actually removed Denuvo.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst, FIFA 16, God Eater Resurrection, Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Far Cry: Primal, Hitman, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Champions of Anteria, Pro Evolution Soccer, Battlefield 1, Yesterday Origins, Watch Dogs 2, Resident Evil 7, Tales of Berseria, Conan: Exiles, NieR: Automata, Mass Effect Andromeda, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Prey, FIFA 15, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield Hardline, Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain have not removed Denuvo after being cracked.

So no, I'm not ignorant, you are literally a Denuvo shill.
>>
>>378162075
To be honest that's cool, kudos to the Denuvo developers with that contract, now I understand why they have to pay monthly for the protection.

If it doesn't work, we failed, here's your money.

Btw how much time does it have to pass for that clause? 6 months? one year?
>>
>yfw crackers are the good guys this whole time
>>
>>378162667
Most of them have been cracked already, but maybe they were properly cracked outside the time of the clause and that's why they haven't removed it?
>>
>>378162879
>moving the goalpost
>>
>>378159706
So let me get this straight?
If people crack this shitty performance sapping DRM they will then remove it from the game?

Doesn't that just incentivise pirates and hackers to do that in the first place? To push performance improving updates to PC games?

Why even bother with it in the first place if they can't even bother to upgrade the encryption? Why even continue to use it after the first week or two of initial sales that are usually a game's most important?
Why are Denuvo still around? What's the point of any of it?

People pirate games. You can deter it but you can't stop it entirely. Never going to happen.
You can't blame piracy for bad sales either. Witcher 3 gets pirated to fuck. Hell I pirated the DLCs. Still bought the game, still bought those DLCs once they went on sale.
Game's probably one of the most successful games out there and it's DRM free.

I'll never understand organisations and how dim they are, and how dim their investors are.
And just how dim most people actually are.
>>
>>378163048
>shitty performance sapping DRM

lol still believing that
>>
>>378163048
>Why even bother with it in the first place if they can't even bother to upgrade the encryption?

What's the use of updating the protection after it's been cracked? Pirates don't care. They already have the version before the updated protection.
>>
>>378162991
What? Dude I'm not him I did just read it and thought the reason why it wasn't removed in those games. Don't be so fucking paranoid.
>>
why on earth would they actually make that statement publicly?
>>
>>378163436
Don't reply to me or my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>378163720
Why, indeed? Really makes you think.
>>
>>378163203
Well there isn't much. Except maybe to cripple that copy from DLC expansions and important updates and online play maybe?
>>
>>378163139
Starforce and Securom say hi.
>>
>>378164486

yes but this is denuvo
>>
>>378164549
Your allegation was that DRM doesn't have a track record of harming performance. I'm fairly sure a bulk of Just Cause 3's shit performance is from Devuno too.
>>
>>378164847

or it was just shittily optimized
>>
>>378161536
3 games is basically all of them?
>>
>>378163139
How much do they pay you?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.