[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top Tier NES/SNES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nes-classic-edition.png (58KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition.png
58KB, 640x443px
Hey, /v/

I'm looking to get some NES/SNES games for my son to play over the summer as he's just starting to get into gaming, and I don't want him growing up without experiencing the classics. Problem is that I didn't really get into gaming myself until N64/PSone era, so I'm kinda at a loss here. I'm looking at this as something we can do together and I'll get to go back play what I missed as well.

>tl;dr What are the must plays for NES/SNES?
>>
Oh man if only there were some way to find a list of good games for old consoles. Some sort of search engine?
>>
>>378156743
Use an emulator or expect to pay an arm and leg for anything decent.

Also for a child Kirby's Adventure is perfect. I played it as a child and loved it. Even as an adult I still return to it and have just as much fun. It's bright, simple, easy to play, and just fun.
>>
>>378157040
I'm aware of that. Just looking for some different opinions so that I can put together a better overall list.
>>
How old is he? If younger like under 6 he should try out the mario games (mario 1, 2, 3, world, yoshi's island)

If older and you want something to last the summer, try some oldschool rpgs like final fantasy 6 (titled as 3 on snes) or chrono trigger. SNES is ripe with those kinds of games. Secret of Mana is 2 player.
>>
>>378156743
Why are you doing that to your son anon? Do you not see how most of these faggots on 4chan turn out? Who can deny that gaming has a lot to do with it
>>
>>378156743
>Earthbound if he's interested in RPGS and he's old to enjoy it
>Mario
>Kirby
>>
>>378156743
let's pretend you actually do have children.
your son doesn't want to play these garbage ass old games. go get him a ps4 or a switch retard.
>>
>>378156743
using nes and not snes. its like you want to punish him and not enjoy it. Only thing to have him play on that thing is smb3, kirbys adventure, tetris, smb1, everything else is shit and outdated. at least there is some shit on snes that is old but can still hold up and fun.
>>
>>378157782
>>378158037
He's only 6, so RPGs might be a ways off. Mario/Kirby seems like a safe bet, though.
>>
>>378158482
hat doesn't make any sense. I enjoyed the fuck out of NES games when I was kid. Why would they not be enjoyable to a kid that hasn't experienced anything yet?
>>
>>378158482
to add to that the nes library is 80% shit and 20% meh its ok and 2% must play titles. literally shooting your son in the foot and make him not want to enjoy vidya. unless that is your goal.
>>
>>378158482
This is actually more of what I'm looking for. I want him to have fun but still see how far games have come. I'm not looking for something that's classic for classic's sake, but something that he can still have fun with today.
That's one reason I'm not trusting top ten lists too much.
>>
>>378158659
because back then, thats all you had gramps. the kid has access to better games now. take off the rose tinted goggles. when the summer is over he is going back home and in time fine more modern games and think your nes games are shit and will not apreciate them. at least with snes titles on there have some charm and playable. Like i added to my previous post. 18% meh its ok and 2% must plays.
>>
>>378158823
the snes library is vast and most games on top 10 lists are usually must plays. i would personally recommend super metroid but that is cliche right? try bubble bobble bust a move. i find that game is an excellent 2 player puzzle game and know doubt you know all the other great snes titles.
>>
>>378156743
Ducktales
Basewars
Operation Jackel
Bubblebobble

All stellar games I had fun playing
>>
Must play for your kid or for you? There's a big difference between the two. And I don't mind your fake story, I'm waiting at some lobby and I'm a bit bored.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.