[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Only 10/10 games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg (25KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg
25KB, 392x500px
with 10/10 level design
>>
You posted the only one. That's why your thread is dead.
>>
I skip the zombie levels.
>>
To be fair tho, Thief is a 9/10 compared to Thief 2
>>
File: Myth_-_The_Fallen_Lords.jpg (83KB, 256x300px) Image search: [Google]
Myth_-_The_Fallen_Lords.jpg
83KB, 256x300px
>>
>>378155082
>>378154892
Plebs. Thief 1 is so much better. Better pacing, better variety, better everything.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
>>378154065
Thief 1 isn't the only 10/10
>>
>>378156143

Don't wet yourself. Thief 1 has 3 good stages while Thief 2, if focused more on the urban setting, has more superior level and mission design.

Give Thief 1 a go and I'm sure you'll end up hitting a "not this level" realization.
>>
>>378152964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzXatp644ME
>>
Civilization VI
Desu Ex
Final Fantasy VI (3), VII
DOOM
Quake I, II, III
Warcraft II, III
Starcraft
Betrayal at Krondor
Jagged Alliance 2
Railroad Tycoon 2,3
Golden Axe
Operation Wolf
Shadow Tactics
>>
>>378156921

>more superior
>>
>>378157190

"Freeze!" goes the grammar police.
>>
>Want to replay Thief 1
>remember the Thieves Guild mission
>>
>>378152964
The 2014 remake is the best one. You're just a bunch of joyless nostalgiafaggots who only pretend to like garbage old games to follow /v/'s circlejerk.
>>
File: thief twist.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thief twist.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>this is considered 10/10 level design
>>
File: 1472262253837.jpg (14KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1472262253837.jpg
14KB, 245x280px
Thief was a great game but I wouldn't say it had 10/10 level design.

>Thieves Guild
>Escape
>Strange Bedfellows
>>
>>378157810

Except it wasn't a remake. It's a sequel. And it sucks.
>>
>>378152964
How do you compare 2 and 1? Only played deadly shadows and dark age, im curious.

>>378157810
Kill yourself, in all seriousness
>>
The Maw is absolutely amazing and atmospheric. I'm replaying thief gold now, and the level design was basic for levels 1 and 2, but bonehoard is really elaborate.
>>
>>378158317

Thief 2 is more polished (duh) and maintains its tasty Steampunk heist theme throughout the game better than the first one.

Think of Thief 1 as Temple of Doom and Thief 2 as Raiders of the Lost Ark.
>>
>>378157931
What a travesty am I right? It's clearly 11/10
>>
The only bad level in Thief 1 was the Thieves' Guild (shitty pacing, gigantic confusing maze-like map, fetch quest). Meanwhile in Thief 2:
>Trace the courier: a total rehash of Assassins from Thief 1
>Kidnap: a total rehash of The Lost City from Thief 1
>Masks: a total rehash of... the level that comes literally right before it (Casing the Joint), you basically play the level twice in a row with the addition of a third floor the second time around

Are you people for fucking real? And if you're going to complain about stuff like Strange Bedfellows and Escape then I can also bring up Trail of Blood and the gigantic fetchquest that is even worse than the Thieves' Guild really that is Sabotage at Soulforge.

Granted, Thief 2 Gold might have made the pacing a lot better (more missions between casing the joint & masks, to make it seem like less of a rehash) as well as having more variety of settings/enemies in missions in general (there was supposed to be a Necromancer's Castle level or something which would have been similar to the Mage Towers but with zombies too, I think). But don't for a second think that Thief 2 is just a straight upgrade to Thief 1 in terms of levels. To this day the only required kills on the zombie enemies are the haunts in the hammer cathedral, the rest of the game is as ghostable/stealthy as Thief 2, just because there are zombies doesn't mean you need to aggro a train of them or kill them all.
>>
>>378158214
>>378158317
It's bait, stop replying to him.
>>
>>378158214
>>378158317
Yes play your garbage games with shitty graphics while I enjoy modern masterpieces.
You're probably mad because can't afford a console to play them on.
>>
>>378157659
Jesus fuck it's horrible. I'm playing Thief Gold for the first time and haven't touched the game for a month now because of this level. I'm not sure if I'm gonna complete it ever, I just don't feel like forcing myself to play in this piece of shit of a level.
>>
>>378159656
Just find a guide for it, the rest of the game is worth it.

Thieves' Guild took me like over 3 hours on my first playthrough of Thief 1, which is like over twice as long as the rest of the levels took (most between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 mins).
>>
>>378159656
just save skip it. the game is too good to let a level ruin it for you
>>
>>378159870
Could also do this, yes, since the level has absolutely zero impact on the story of the game and was just added there as filler with Thief Gold basically. The other two Thief Gold levels range from good (Mage Towers) to great (Song of the Caverns) though.
>>
>>378152964
The only 10/10 TDP deserves is for sound design and atmosphere.

The monster/supernatural levels, the most of the Gold missions and Bedfellows are pretty poor. Saying that though, Cragscleft, Assassins and the Sword may make up for them, since I consider these 3 to be 10/10s.

I think Thief 2 was better in terms of level design overall, but the final level and a few in between stick out to be as being forgettable and I remember having to check walkthroughs to make it through some of them. The Bank and the police station and are certainly 10/10s.

Sabotage at Soulforge may be my least favorite level in the entire trilogy. An unnecessarily and frustratingly long final mission that's absurdly complex and hurts the conclusion.
>>
I'm on the last mission in Thief II and is it just me or are rope arrows heavily underutilized in this game compared to Gold?
I always made sure to have a good number of rope arrows for every mission in case I couldn't retrieve them, but in Thief II I never even buy them from the shop menu.
>>
>>378160597
There is literally nothing wrong with the monster/supernatural levels. The game benefits from them a lot more than it loses anything by having them.

Not every level has to be an infiltrate, hide from human guards and steal something level. The "tomb raider" gravedigger spelunking D&D thief levels are just as good in other ways.
>>
>>378157659

>Want to replay Thief 2
>remember the courier mission
>remember that boring mansion mission you have to play twice in a row
>remember that fucking final mission
>>
>>378155082
Thief 2 might be a 10/10 if it wasn't for the final mission.
>>
>>378161032
I agree, I appreciate the Maw and the Haunted Cathedral for what they are, very terrifying experiences. And I came to appreciate the Bonehoard more on replays. There was just a little too much monster killing for my game.

But I personally just prefer the more "Thiefy" levels involving heists, which 2 provides more so, Angels Watch, the Bank, the Station, hell, even the 1st level is excellent.
>>
>>378158879
Its shite

Abstract nonsense
>>
>All this bitching about the Thieves Guild

I ghosted that son of a bitch, and it was fun. Learn to play the game scrubs. Why not just do it like every other level and knock out every guard using the lean forward abuse and rush through it in less than 30 minutes?
>>
>>378162358
>even the 1st level is excellent.
I hate playing Thief II's first level on expert.
The gold is just too well hidden, and it feels more like a pixel hunt at times.
Always end up looking up a guide for that one.
>>
File: dw.jpg (267KB, 899x1158px) Image search: [Google]
dw.jpg
267KB, 899x1158px
>>
>Thief thread
>it's Thief 2 apologists everywhere

Every time.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 256x320px
Better than the original? Or both 10/10?
>>
Ristar is 2D platforming perfection.
>>
What would you guys like to see in a new Thief game that isn't Thief 4?

>Garrett is Stephen Russell again
>hire a fucking writing staff comprised of people that worked on T1/T2 or even Deadly Shadows, fire all of the writers who worked on Thi4f
>Mission based like T1/T2 (no fucking central hub cancer with vendors cancer)
>Mission selector after you've beaten the game
>T1/T2 style ghostable missions
>variety in missions (zombie levels, stealing levels, like T1)
>ThieveryUT style multiplayer as well as even having co-op
>>
>>378152964

I fucking loved the demo for Thief, played it regularly for weeks.

Then I got the full game and did level 2. lost interest at zombies and never played again.
>>
>>378155626
>there will never ever be another Myth
The height of TECHNOLOGY in vidya and never seen a post about it.
>>
>>378165385
Weak ass nigga.
>>
File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
>>378152964
>>
File: 1495688323056.jpg (29KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1495688323056.jpg
29KB, 368x368px
>>378165219
I'd generally just want their entire philosophy to focus back on maximizing immersion and refining sound design. It just doesn't feel or sound like Thief, rather, just a moody mediocre stealth title with lots of wub wub wubs.

Oh and bring back the Hammers and Pagans, how on earth can a Thief game be Thief without either of those two.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.