[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Hearts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 917UiEzHb9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (465KB, 1213x1500px) Image search: [Google]
917UiEzHb9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
465KB, 1213x1500px
I'm an old fag, who skipped the game at the original release on PS2, because fuck mickey and co

Should I give the series a try ?
Why nobody speak of this collection if the fanbase is so big ?
>>
>>378151047
Hey OP I was about to make the exact same thread.

Hey /v/, I need some advice.

I never got to play the KH games as a kid, I tried the first one on PS2 but I was too retarded to really get into it.

Now I'm 23 and have a PS4, but has my window of opportunity passed? I don't mind a little edginess and I'm passed the age of giving a shit about "kiddy" stuff, but will I appreciate it the same way someone who played it as a kid did?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Because it's the third release of those games. It's worth trying out. They're very good games, just make sure to play on the hardest difficulty or they're baby mode ez
>>
these "should I play KH" threads are almost daily now ... fucking christ
>>
They are fun, they make you feel like a kid again too.
Just try to look past the more cringe cutscenes and you will find a memorable experience.
>>
>>378151821
They're all good games so they're worth playing regardless how you feel about the story. If you don't mind anime, you probably won't have too much issue with the story. You can always skip the cutscenes if you can't stand them.
>>
ARPG gameplay wise, how are the games ?

Witcher 3 shit tier ?
Or more like actual action games ?
>>
>>378151047
>I'm an old fag, who skipped the game at the original release on PS2, because fuck mickey and co

Did you actually just write a sentence like that as an adult man?
Anyway no I recommend you kill yourself or play something else
>>
>>378152067
I'm actually a huge shonenfag so I'm sure I'll have no issue with the story.

Thanks anon I'll pick it up soon
>>
>>378152143
was true on the original release

don't really care now, if the actual gameplay is solid
>>
>>378152110
2FM is probably the best ARPG you can play in terms of gameplay, KH1 is good but a little slow and clunky, the handheld games are not so great especially DDD and BBS since you can just spam 1-2 commands for the whole game
>>
>>378151047
You should give it a try, but be warned that it might not interest you enough if you start playing it for the first time as an adult.

I loved it as a kid but if it weren't for the battle system I would have given up on it years ago.
>>
>>378152110
Kingdom Hearts 2 is a fantastic action RPG. My only problem with it is that there are a some melee abilities you equip that you don't really have control over. Stuff like Vicinity Break which is a spinning attack for when you're surrounded. Sora will only do it when the game decides you're surrounded enough, otherwise he'll just do his standard combo and you can't really control doing it besides trying to better place yourself such that the game decides to do it. Contextual abilities like this, and combo modifying abilities, are kind of lame. But there are a ton of actual player-controlled options in combat aside from these abilities, so it doesn't feel like all of your versatility is being left up to context.
>>
Do I need to play KH1 first, or can I go directly to KH2 ?
>>
>>378153539
Are you retarded?
Also
>Skipping the best and most important game
>>
>>378153539
Plot-wise, you pretty much have to play 1 first. Also, 1 feels a lot clunkier after playing 2.
Chain of Memories and Days can largely be skipped, however.
>>
>>378153539
If you want to know the story, you would actually need to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (either the GBA version, or the PS2 remake Re:Chain of Memories). If you're interested in the story for some reason, even after KH2 you'll have to trudge through a handful of other questionable games after 2, so skipping something would be a bit pointless, because you'll probably be playing a shit game at some point anyway.

If you just want to play KH2 because you heard it's a good game, you could just watch a summary or something.
>>
>>378153539
KH1 first
>>
>>378153758
KH1 sucks. Never before have I controlled a character that has managed to feel so stiff, floaty, and sticky all at the same time. The subpar feel to the combat is completely tangible even if you didn't go back to it after playing KH2 first as long as you've played ANY other action game at all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.