[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they use their hammers outside of RPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: HammerBros.jpg (98KB, 1021x782px) Image search: [Google]
HammerBros.jpg
98KB, 1021x782px
Why don't they use their hammers outside of RPGs?
>>
>>378150912

They don't use the same models in Mario Power Tennis, but their power shots involve using a hammer
>>
>Donkey Kong
>Mario 3D Land opening
>Mario 3
>>
>>378150912
why do they use hammers and not plungers/wrenches?
>>
>>378153629
hammers are more cool
>>
>>378153629
why does anyone consider them plumbers when they haven't fixed a single pipe in their life and never carry any tools?
>>
They have, but for the most part they don't because Mario is primarily a game about jumping.
>>
>>378153629
Because Mario was originally a construction worker in Don Key Kong
>>
>>378153762
MARIO 3D WORLD/LAND

ORIGINAL MARIO BROS

THEY USE PIPES AS TRANSPORT
>>
>paper mario 64
>last hammer upgrade turns it into some circus clown shit
>last boots upgrade turns it into some circus clown shit but at least that doesnt show up on mario

Fuck sake red and yellow? Is mario Bozo the clown now?
>>
Why does Luigi have red and white socks?
>>
>>378150912
Hammers are used in lots of games, not just rpg's, what are you on about?
>>
>>378153762
Superstar Saga had a part where they actually did for once
>>
File: Super Mario 3D World Pipe.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario 3D World Pipe.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>378153762
>>
>>378153940
Because he's a distinguished man of style and taste.
>>
>>378153871
I use roads as transport every day, doesn't mean I'm a construction worker
>>
>>378154253
fake news
>>
>>378153769
Wasn't he a carpenter?
>>
>>378153894
>Mario should be a serious game with dark elements
>>
>>378154625
Yes he was.
>>
>>378154734

I don't want it to be serious, it just doesn't match at all. It looks really out of place.
>>
>>378153894
I disliked the color scheme the final Hammer got for the longest time also, it has grown on me a bit over the years but I wish it was plain gold or something. Also maybe it was trying to match the colors of the original logo? Just a thought.
>>
>>378153762
Originally, Mario had a different job in every game, like the main characters in old cartoons. He was a carpenter at first, and he also appeared as a factory worker, a soldier, and a juggler. In Mario Bros., he was a plumber, and that ended up sticking in the long run.
>>
>>378153894
It's supposed to be red and gold, which usually represents royalty. It ends up just looking like yellow though because it's fucking paper Mario.
>>
>>378150912
For the same reason that nobody ever continued the whole Luigi + electricity powers angle.

Incompetence.
>>
>>378156602
I always thought it looked metallic and strong. Seemed like a sensible progression from wood to stone to metal.
>>
>>378156778
stone? I always thought it was wood to silver/normal metal to gold
>>
>>378153871
>THEY USE PIPES AS TRANSPORT
wow just like real plumbers
>>
>>378156672
Fucking THIS. When I first played SSS, I really wanted Luigi's Thunderhand to become his 'thing'. It would've been a great way to differentiate between the bros. And then everybody dropped the ball.
>>
>>378153762
WHere the fuck have you been? They fixed the plumbing in Bean Bean Castle. Using hammers.
>>
File: waste.png (349KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
waste.png
349KB, 800x450px
>>378157252
Thirding this. Firebrand and Thunderhand were so cool. Imagine my surprise at the removal of that, and also no bros. moves like in SSS in Partners in Time onward.
>>
>>378150912
Why don't they bring back Stanley?
>>
>>378160617
Stanley died and became a boo
https://www.mariowiki.com/Stanley_(Paper_Mario)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.