[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think about Petscop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1469043311683.png (1MB, 1895x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1469043311683.png
1MB, 1895x1417px
What does /v/ think about Petscop?
>>
tell me about it
>>
>>378148854
Pretty great game desu
>>
Fuck the puzzle for getting the last pet, it's bullshit and impossible without a guide
>>
>>378149892
Sure thing newfriend. It's about a guy who discovers (through means he is yet to explain) an old unfinished PS1 game.

This game is named Petscop and despite innocent premise and look, harbors dark and cryptic secrets.

It was originally posted on /v/ and after we bullied him for about 300 posts he finally started uploading videos documenting it to prove he was not full of shit and that the game actually exists.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZKQv0ZFHpeIUkOtNjtq4KA

Of course, like all things on the internet,
it's most likely bullshit, but it's fun to suspend one's disbelief.
>>
>>378148854
I been following it.

Didn't get real before Night Mind covered it.

Everyone else up to that point was simply regurgitating the google doc.
>>
petscop is fucking tight, my only problems are that the pace is a little slow and the wait between episodes is unbearable. also, i'm afraid that they're good at creating intrigue by setting up all these mysteries but won't be able to resolve them in a satisfactory way.
>>
>>378150474

It's pretty fucking fun, and Nightmind does a pretty good job with it.

I kinda' feel he dismissed the rebirthing-therapy theory a little quickly but that's just me.
>>
It's pretty good, especially for a spoopy video series. Usually these things are really obviously fake at first, but going into it with no prior knowledge I was almost convinced at first. I especially thought the censoring on some of the weird stuff later on was a good way of making the atmosphere unsettling without just using actual disturbing content. Only problem I can see it having is if it gets really big like Undertale did and autistic kids start making a bunch of fanfic garbage and constantly sperging out over it.

Good series though desu.
>>
I kinda' like that this is an ARG that only takes place in one form. On YouTube.

You don't have to follow 9 different Twitters, and monitor 7 different internet sites, and sub to 12 different streams and channels.

It's all one guy, doing one thing with one source of information.

More ARGs should be like this. If it is an ARG.
>>
>>378150527
I was worried about that too, but judging by how a lot of the recent stuff ties back to things early on I feel like it was all planned out pretty well.
>>
>>378150964

Did we ever find out why "they" censor this shit? The theory of there being more than one person alonside Paul is pretty rampant now.
>>
>>>/x/

Not video games. Fuck of PC-shitter.
>>
File: Untitled.png (174KB, 919x544px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
174KB, 919x544px
>>378151119
the way the things they knew they would have to censor are in quotes here almost suggests the person/people making the videos of the game were told to censor it by someone else beforehand

>>378151214
it's a video game, just not a real one
>>
>>378151119
What I think is that Paul originally made the videos to show a friend of his, (like the "when you get here in a month" thing in part 2 or something) who was also interested in weird old games. It seems like either the censoring started after Paul's friend started looking into the game with him, or that the whole thing is a sort of found footage scenario where none of the videos are uploaded by Paul himself, but someone who came across all of his recorded footage. Could be the friend or some other person/group of people.

Should note that I didn't see the original /v/ post, so I don't know if that had any indication of who's uploading them.
>>
>>378151119
The picture on the table was implied to be a picture of Paul in real life.
>>
>>378151760
wtf? what makes you so sure
that sounds like a huge leap
>>
>>378151426

That frame you posted still confuses me. The way I see it, there are 3 things this text could mean:

>1
The creator has fucked up, and breaks the character of Paul for a moment, instead talking directly to the audience, and telling us that whatever is behind this black box is just not something we're suppose to see yet as it would be too big of a clue or ruin parts of the story.

>2
Character is not broken, Paul is not aware of the censoring and is not the one leaving this message at all. It's "part of the video" edited by someone else before uploading. This is more of a wild guess but there has been a "third party" referenced by a call Paul took while he played in one of the episodes.

>3
This is not Paul's first playthrough. He has seen these things before and knows what is to come. For reasons unclear to us, he is not "allowed" to show them to us. We need to figure this out without the aid of whatever is behind those boxes. Something is forcing Paul to show us these videos and in a very specific way.

I for one, REALLY hope it's not 1. Both 2 and 3 are acceptable.
>>
>>378150954
>Nick uploads the video
>Petscop 9 is posted a few hours afterwards
lel
>>
File: 1468152114555.png (342KB, 1268x717px) Image search: [Google]
1468152114555.png
342KB, 1268x717px
>>378151426
>"A big present with a sticker on it"

Why is this revealed in Petscop 9 then?

Did he fuck up?
>>
>>378151878
The newest episode had a mention by s text box of him finding something like that, specifically a picture of Paul and his friend standing in front of the windmill.
>>
>>378152195

It had a mention of SOMEONE and someone's friend. It is not implied to be Paul.
>>
>>378152290
What other reason would Paul have to censor it though?
>>
>>378152182
he censored what was in the box you fucking donut
>>378152195
the text box says "I found that picture of you from 1977, standing in front of a windmill with your friend" but we don't know that the "you" refers to Paul. Paul sounds too young to have been alive in 1977 IMO
>>
>>378152402

While that is a point, it is far to vague to assume that is the reason he censored it. If he had in fact seen a picture of himself in the game, he would have freaked the fuck out.

He had no such reaction when entering that room.

He didn't even act as if anything out of the ordinary was on the table.
>>
>>378151889
I think the second one is the most likely. If the uploader was really going to break character I feel like they'd do it in a way that wouldn't mislead the audience into thinking it's part of the video. I'm pretty set on the idea that Paul himself has no involvement in the videos being uploaded, and they're all just being posted by someone who found the recordings somehow.
>>
>>378152407
>he censored what was in the box you fucking donut

You're right, my bad.
>>
>>378152402
It could've been censored just because of YouTube's policy on certain types of content.
>>
>>378152583

Another interesting argument that could fit well into this theory is how little contact Paul really seems to have with his audience. In terms of suggestions given in the comment box, and things we figure out, he seems pretty oblivious to all of it.

Maybe this is all pretty old footage being uploaded by someone who is not Paul and being presented as if it is happening right now. Which is why our input means little.

The footage was never ment to convince faggots on /v/ that the game was real, but instead whoever was on the phone that one video.
>>
>>378151889
I think that Paul is doing the censoring, and was told beforehand what he'd need to censor before he got to that point in the game. The way the bullet points in this image >>378151426 are in quotes makes it sound like someone else told him what he would need to censor for whatever reason. Hope this made sense, and I hope they clear this up soon because its a really confusing part of the series
>>
>>378152774

That's actually an interesting point but note Paul's reaction to what he sees on that table. He doesn't seem to care much. He is more surprised when he finds (what I'm guessing based on what we've seen) is the massive red pyramid. If what was on that table was terribly hardcore pizza, Paul would have had more of a reaction.
>>
>>378153016
I agree. Despite the series being really good, this feels more like a weird design flaw than a story element.

Honestly if it WAS a design flaw, I kinda' just wished they'd never shown us that screen at all.

It would have added to the bizarre feeling of the series if it was just censored without explanation. Now that they've explained it, they better have one hell of a good reason for doing so and thus far we have NOT see it.
>>
>>378153242
I think the disclaimer screen was almost necessary, since at first I interpreted the black box on the table as being a sort of missing sprite/texture rather than deliberate censoring of the footage.
>>
The internet would fucking explode if this guy ever released an iso.

>>378151889

Honestly, if it's 1 I'm probably dropping the series. Breaking character like this is an unforgivable sin in a concept like this which lives and dies on immersion.
>>
The creppypasta angle is fucking stupid but I'll play it if he ever actually sells the damn thing. Burrito Galaxy looks like more fun though.
>>
>>378150139
Can you imagine making an entire video game just for a creepypasta
>>
>best thread on /v/ is about a non-existing video game

Ironing.
>>
>>378154419

might sell well thou
>>
>>378151119
Wasn't there a part in Petscop 9 or something where Paul was talking to someone else that we couldn't hear on the video?
>>
>>378156682
Petscop 8, he's talking to someone else, probably the person mentioned early on in the series.
Seems to imply that his mom had the game at some point around 2004.
https://youtu.be/XPDbQMGFUL8?t=3m11s
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.