[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: me.jpg (34KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
34KB, 460x215px
When is it supposed to get interesting?
>>
almost immediately
>>
After you kill the Sovereign possessed Saren.
>>
>>378147572

when you grow up
>>
Mass effect 1 doesn't get interesting. It's like 6 missions long, all to basically retell the same story bioware has used since baldurs gate.

Play 2 as a vanguard instead. It's actually fun.
>>
>>378147572
If you are a lorefag, it gets good instantly or at least when you leave the citadel for the first time doing the ebin speech.

If you are full gameplay fag, I'd say ME2 has better mechanics.

imo ME3 has the best gameplay even if it is flawed everywhere else
>>
File: 1487399124474m.jpg (87KB, 1024x715px) Image search: [Google]
1487399124474m.jpg
87KB, 1024x715px
>>378147572
Never. Asthetics are hideous and the Aliens are all fucking bland. All good ideas had to be gutted becaude retarded normies being skeeved out over the idea of something not looking like their gay ass Star Trek bullshit. Pic related is what the Collectors were going to be, have that original Hive look but instead it's humanoid shit.
>>
>>378147572
It doesn't really "get" interesting. It's mostly good because of the universe it sets up, not because of any actual standout moments(this goes for both gameplay and narrative). I'd say the one good moment is at the very end, although it's marred by the fact that it frankly doesn't make any fucking sense if you think about it(honestly I'm surprised it isn't brought up more).
>>
Before you leave even the first planet.
>>
>>378147572
i just did the first mission of the prologue and the story has me fucking hooked, but jesus christ the controls, ui, and combat is just rough. im at the citadel now for the first time
>>
>>378147572

From the getgo. If you didn't find it interesting from the beginning then you are a cuckold. No other explanations.
>>
>>378147873
m8 most anons agree ME3 has the best gameplay even if they shit on it for all the other stuff
>>
File: 1457375398513.jpg (2MB, 2916x1945px) Image search: [Google]
1457375398513.jpg
2MB, 2916x1945px
>>
>>378148337
Everything pertaining to Vigil and the conduit makes sense.
>>
>>378148283
>and the Aliens are all fucking bland.

ME's non-asari aliens are nice. They have a humanoid form but there's a lot of variation within that.
>>
>>378148440
ME3 has shit game play from the perspective of someone that liked vanguard. You're basically a god all game long with the points you start with. Maybe the multiplayer was better, but I've never touched mass effect multiplayer so I couldn't say. At least in 2 if you fucked up your jumps even a tiny bit on higher levels you got mauled and died, and you didn't start the game with everything unlocked.
>>
>>378148467
>no Tali

uugh, get these alien bitches with space herpes outta here
>>
I did my first playthrough of the whole trilogy (I played ME1 and base ME2 on release) long after all the DLC and patched ending had come out and I thoroughly enjoyed all of it.
>>
>>378148469
Sovereign and the Geth would've BTFO'd everyone if it weren't for Shepard; they didn't need the element surprise. And even if they did, there were probably more effective ways of going about it than searching for the fabled lost artifact that nobody's even sure exists.

Also it just pissed me off in general that the Conduit doesn't lead directly to the killswitch, why the switch isn't in some secluded part of the station, and how the Protheans got the receiver on the Citadel if it was already occupied.
>>
File: 557.jpg (38KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
557.jpg
38KB, 680x793px
>>378148824
>no Tali
>>
>>378149072
>Sovereign and the Geth would've BTFO'd everyone if it weren't for Shepard; they didn't need the element surprise

????

It wasn't about surprise, it was that the rest of the Reapahs couldn't enter the galaxy without the Citadel portal. Of course ME3 completely dropped that idea with them getting to the Milky Way from dark space in two years.
>>
>>378148470
No not really. All the aliens have the same general shape and size of a human. Even things like the Krogan which are supposedly the brutish niggers are puny and pathetic looking. Shame Bungie knows how to design aliens and write cool as fuck lore but their game was a very big letdown.
>>
>>378149447
>All the aliens have the same general shape and size of a human.

Yes, that's called being humanoid. I don't even understand your point since what you posted is a humanoid form, just with four arms.
>>
>>378149072

By the time the protheans went back to the Citadel to install the killswitch (or whatever they did), the war was already over and the reapers were gone. The ones who did that trick were the ones that just about survived cryosleep on Vigil's world. And I think the conduit was already set up there pre-war or something as an experiment.

As for Sovereign's plan rather than just storming the citadel, I put that down to general arrogance and the way the Reapers operate; they have THEIR way of doing things which is the RIGHT way because they're REAPERS. And it was still a risk doing a head on attack of the citadel, he takes a lot of hits.
>>
>>378149447
>puny and pathetic looking

I'd like to see you taking on a 2m dinosaur that uses shotguns
>>
>>378149308
They needed to access the Citadel to restart the Reaper summoning protocol, which the Protheans disabled. Note how the Conduit is not involved in that at all. The only reason they "needed" the Conduit was so they could surprise the Citadel forces, but as I said Sovereign pretty much just laughed at even the Destiny Ascension.
>>
WRITING MASTERPIECE
>>
>>378147572

Virmire is when things get fun.
>>
>>378149782
I dunno, the "play it safe" method seems distinctly un-Reaperlike.

As for the Conduit's "mate" on the station, I get that they were trying to go for a kind of Chekhov's gun type twist, but it really doesn't make sense how it got there unless you use sketchy logic like you described. It honestly would've been more believable if they somehow just calibrated the Conduit perfectly to hit the Citadel without needing a target.
>>
>>378147572
when you play the sequel
>>
File: Dungeons and Robots.png (985KB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeons and Robots.png
985KB, 1280x968px
>>378147572
When you get best waifu
>>
File: Nu-Krogan.jpg (73KB, 560x728px) Image search: [Google]
Nu-Krogan.jpg
73KB, 560x728px
>>378149876
>Uses shotguns
Sounds pretty lame. A true warlike species would be towering over a human using miniguns that's bullet caliber is the size of a soda can.
>>
>>378147572
Hijacking this thread. I only ever played as soldier in ME1. Is it worth it to pick another class if I wanted to replay the game? Adept seems fun/
>>
>>378151520
I bet you think a true warlike species would also bring a tank to space
>>
>>378149876

The thing I really like about the krogan is how they chose to position the eyes on the side of the head.

It makes them look goofy, but it also gets across the concept. They aren't the apex predators of their planet; they're the prey struggling to survive. They're only insanely tough in comparison to humans and other races because their homeworld is a hellhole.

It's neat that the "tough warrior race" never mastered their own world.
>>
>>378147572
I rememver i really got into it once i got to the citadel, the shitty combat almost made me drop it though
>>
>>378150601
I don't see it as "playing safe" as much as I see it as "well we came up with Plan A and we're fantastic so Plan A it is". The plot of the games is effectively watching the Reaper's plans get continuously thwarted by various means, and this is the first time that actually happens; the protheans fucked up their main idea and Sovereign has to improvise, but long has it been since they've had to improvise they've been doing this shit for millions of years in the exact same pattern.

And then Shepard gets involved and starts actively ruining the improvisation too, so Sovereign just gets desperate and it blows up in his face.

It's not exactly fantastic writing (whenever you have to make your hero seem smart by making the enemies uncharacteristically stupid it always looks dumb but I guess it's mostly unavoidable), but it feels internally consistent to me.
>>
>>378147572
The second game.
The first one has barely anything going for it in terms of RPG story-crafting that KOTOR didn't do better.

Really the only point to playing 1 is to fine-tune the specifics of the backstory and get the dubious satisfaction of seeing what happened to all the side quests of ME1, since if you just start 2 with the quick-choices thing (unfortunately a DLC on Xbox or PC), it lets you make all the major choices.
>>
>>378147572
The gameplay never gets interesting unless you're a biotic, and even that will get boring eventually. The lore should be fantastic right out of the gate, so if that didn't catch your interest yet then it probably won't ever. Keep going until you leave the Citadel at least before giving up.
>>
>>378151596
The Infiltrator is basically the same as the soldier and the Engineer is boring as fuck aside from hacking. Pick Adept or Vanguard for biotics, which are a blast. The Sentinel is actually just as fun if you give yourself a weapon bonus, but if you don't care for tech powers then don't bother.
>>
>>378152643
I mean, if that's how you choose to look at it, I guess.

Really my biggest problem with the Conduit specifically is that it's hyped up to be this mystical, almost all-powerful artifact when it turns out to just be a backdoor into the Citadel. It meant everything to the Protheans because of their situation, and in that sense it carries weight/meaning. But to Shepard and Sovereign/Saren it's more of a curiosity than anything.
>>
>>378147572
When Tali dies.
>>
>>378154401
shut up bosh'tet, Tali is fucking immortal
>>
>>378154401
>he didn't save both
how many people didn't have the option? I got it without trying and was surprised to see how much asspain there was
>>
>>378154675
honestly, to not get the option you must miss a shitton of morality checkpoints
>>
>>378154897
As I recall it's a function of how strong the Geth are(whether you rewrote or destroyed the heretics) and how much "pull" you have with the Quarians. If you do all the side missions on Rannoch and managed not to get Tali exiled, I think you get it no matter what. Destroying the heretics makes the criteria a bit more lax, but I think you can still do it even if you rewrote them.

I personally destroyed the heretics because it seemed more ethical to me
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.