[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_5464.jpg (211KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5464.jpg
211KB, 1500x1000px
What went wrong?
>>
There's not really much to do past collecting pokemon. Battles are zzz. There's no training involved.
>>
>gamers
>going outside
>>
Battles aren't like they are in game
No trading
No training
No actual pvp
>>
>>378137974
It was always going to be a one-summer cashgrab fad. For what it is, it brought in tons of money for nintendo.
>>
>>378137974

Little children being kidnapped by playing this shit,
>>
Niantic
>>
Nothing went wrong. Nintendo doesn't want a mobile game to compete with their real Pokemon games so they held back key features. I'm sure it still outperformed their expectations.
>>
>>378137974
reveal trailer brought the hype and the actual game delivered almost nothing they advertised
>>
>>378137974
>no content
>crashing and bugs still present 1 year after release
>dull repetitive battle system
>cheaters fucking everywhere
>boring events
>still no trading or pvp when they said they're adding it back when it first released
Why the fuck am I still playing it? Am I autistic?
>>
>>378138834
>No actual pvp

what? I thought this was a thing. That is beyond lame.
>>
>>378137974

it could've been a lot of things, the pokemon brand could only hold its popularity for so long.

Let's list all the features we wish it could've had!

>the ability to change where pokestops could be and maybe vote to remove some.
>turned based battles.
>the ability to make a team with other players and maybe battle gyms and other trainer teams together.

My autism would like that and more.
>>
Is anyone playing that Magikarp game?
>>
>>378137974
They didn't make it an actual pokemon game the fucking retards. If they had it would have sold like crazy.
>>
>>378139435
I am. It's more fun than Go.

>>378139258
Yes. I just hatch eggs now, that's it.

>>378139551
See>>378138964
It still made them mad cash. Anyone who thought Nintendo isn't too stubborn to give up on hardware is a moron. As much as I'd want them to.
>>
>>378138834
>No actual pvp

this is the biggest reason

this could've at least kept it afloat without the others
>>
>>378138827
>*game
>going outside
>>
Niantic

Ingress had so much potential and Poke Go is no better.
>>
File: pokewalkertexasranger.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pokewalkertexasranger.png
61KB, 250x250px
Don't mind me, just being 1000x superior to Pokemon Go and current gen Pokemon games
>>
File: 1492465760918.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492465760918.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>>378137974
Who thought blocking players in buses and trains was a good idea?
>>
Nothing. It was always going to be a one minute fad.
>>
Did they ever remove the speed limit that made catching pokestops impossible from cars? If not, then that certainly was one of the final nails in this game's coffin.
>>
they should have go full kusoget and add auto fight arena type of thing where you set up 3 pokemons and watch it auto with other people team like most pvp kusoge

instead you have to this gym thing which was kinda retard and the fight itself was stupid
>>
>>378137974
spoofers and imbalanced teams
>>
>pokemon game
>no trading
imagine how much more they could have made if they werent incompetent
>>
>>378142460
It's still present, this is a thing in their other GPS game as well. I don't know the reason for this, either.
>>
File: 1481920741011.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481920741011.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>378137974
>>
File: 1465838350378.jpg (61KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
1465838350378.jpg
61KB, 540x532px
>start up game
>nothing but pinsirs, pidgeys, and rattatas
>stop game
>>
>>378138834
This and the lack of Pokemon. It's pure nostalgia bait and I would play it if they actually added all the Pokemon
>>
>>378142609
>wanting spoofers to be able to trade shit to their own characters so they would have even more kitted accounts.
>>
>>378137974
not a game
>>
>>378142338
>2017
>still no Pokewalker app that connects directly to Pokebank
I fucking hate Nintendo not for anything that they've done, but for all the things they will never do.
>>
They decided to give everyone not living in a city the middle finger and even had the balls to release the game with a completely broken battle system that was boring and crashed most of the time.

Seriously I live in a town of half a million and the only interesting part of the "hunt" was a venonat that spawned in the same place on my way to work every morning and a lickitung that sometimes spawned near my house. Everything else was weedles and pidgeys with the occasional gastly near the mall
>>
>>378142960
I live a short way from the downtown of my state capital's downtown and there was nothing. One stop for miles before you get downtown.

It just depended on who played Ingress and who didn't.
>>
>tfw I've gotten every get 1 except Dratini, Dragonair, Farfetched, Scyther, Kangaskhan, Machamp, Blastoise, Gengar, with Farfetched being the only one I haven't seen
>Super close on Machamp/blastoise/gengar
>caught 2 Dragonite in the wild
>hatched a million 10km eggs, yet somehow no Dratini despite it being the most common
>>
>>378137974
Released with less content than an early access steam game.

Niantic could have prolonged the life of this game by YEARS if they had added
>PvP
>Raid-like battles as originally announced
>Servers that actually worked at the beginning
>MMO style gameplay
>Enemy factions like TR
>Extremely rare Pokemons hidden thorought the world.
>More Pokemon generations

But almost a year later they have added pretty much literally nothing
>>
People didn't Pokemon GO to the polls!

*dabs*
>>
>>378137974

Horrible Severs at the start
Horrible Nearby Indicator
Horrible Customer Service
Grinding to catch and grinding to evolve

The list goes on even to the point where getting a Dratini was damn near impossible while everyone around me has Dragonites
>>
>>378143398
Too bad I live in Canada where most people don't get unlimited data so outside of places like Toronto where wifi is everywhere nobody played that shit.
>>
Obviously they wouldn't be able to maintain the initial install base, I had a look at my mom's phone once and even she had downloaded it. But Niantic did a terrible job regardless. Instead of adding new features or more pokémon, they sat on their asses and genuienly made the game worse.
>>
>>378142754
Unsurpassed quality
>>
>>378143404
I'm still missing a Tangela from the original 151. Couldn't even get one during that grass event. Didn't help that it lasted for only like three days.
>>
>>378143686
did you check her pictures, see if she has anything racy?
>>
File: A wild Niglett appeared.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
A wild Niglett appeared.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>378137974
>>
>>378143494
There's likely contractual limitations to what they could add to the game.
>>
>>378137974
nothing. it was fun for a while then it got boring, but so do most games.
>>
File: 1075186.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1075186.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>378137974
>you catch pokemon without fighting them
>no pvp

Into the fucking trash it goes.
>>
>all these tryhard faggots asking for PvP
You toxic little fuckers would have ruined the game for anyone playing casually, ie Pokemon Go's entire target demo.
>>
>>378143925
you think, using the location data from the stream and the cam footage they would be able to apprehend the nigger.
>>
>>378137974

No content.

Gyms are pathetic tap to win bullshit rather than emulating the actual Pokemon game, no trading, no PvP, all things that have been said.

It completely missed the appeal of Pokemon. Yeah, catching Pokemon is part of it, but it's just a fraction of why people like the series.
>>
>>378143925
>not showing the best part where the nig automatically goes into settings and wipes that phone clean
>>
>>378143865
Managed to get an Aerodactyl from the most recent event, got a couple tangela from eggs, got a Mr. Mime when I went to Europe. I may make it to Asia eventually but I don't think I'll ever get to Australia.

They should do a region exclusive migration once every 6-12 months.

I ran into a Scyther the first month I had the game, but it ran away after breaking out of like 15 balls. Haven't seen one since.
>>
>>378144021
>playing Pokemon
>no PvP

it's the fucking point of the franchise.
>>
>>378144021
Right, which is why the original pokemon games featured no battling.

Stupid fuck.
>>
File: magikarp-jump-screenshot-2.jpg (79KB, 887x600px) Image search: [Google]
magikarp-jump-screenshot-2.jpg
79KB, 887x600px
Magikarp Jump is vastly superior.
>>
Hey >>378144073

Read >>378144172 and reflect on how you're dumber than a nigger
>>
I still play this

Go Team Instinct
>>
>>378144302
>nigger wipes phone
>but the stream data is forever on the internet for the world to see

if only /v/ cared about tracking faggot criminals down like /pol/. you guys literally are cancer.
>>
>>378144286
And it's off-line too. Literally the better mobage.
>>
>>378144335
Life is suffering for us in my city. Red and Blues everywhere, and our gyms get BTFO immediately.
>>
>>378143494
>Extremely rare Pokemons hidden thorought the world.

Please no
I've been playing on and off since it came out and I still don't have a fucking snorlax, it's the last one I need to complete gen1 dex.

The game itself still has some fanbase, my local telegram group is very active but jesus christ with the autism of some people holding gyms.
I'm happy catching stuff and filling up my dex, I normally walk with a couple of friends to nests and hotspots and it's a nice free entertainment and excuse to hang out.

The game development itself its been handled with an incompetence I've never seen before.

As it is, it's an ok km tracker app.

>>378143865
I got my first and only one recently when the easter event, got it from a 2km egg, you can do it.
>>378144198
There are Scyther nests but the appearance of nests I guess also depends on where you live. I saw people talking about Tangela nests but those never ever appeared on my city.
>>
>>378143925
TEAM ROCKET STRIKES AGAIN
>>
>>378143591
>Horrible Customer Service
How so? The only time I've contacted them was when I bought some shirt accidentally, and they returned my coins a day or two later.
>>
>>378144434
Steam data showing where the phone was jacked from? The place the thief already ran away from?

Invoking /pol/ doesn't make you any less of an obvious idiot.
>>
Phones don't project holograms yet. Plus the lack of depth and interactivity.
>>
File: wut.png (8KB, 72x62px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
8KB, 72x62px
>>378143925
The fuck is that thing hanging in front of the nigglet's head
>>
File: Pokemon-Professor-Oak.jpg (49KB, 450x382px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Professor-Oak.jpg
49KB, 450x382px
>>378144286
Are you a boy or a girl?
>>
>>378144219
>>378144221
>thinking battles are the entire point of the Pokemon games
Oak gives you a Pokedex to go FIND every Pokemon, not FIGHT every Pokemon. The objective of Pokemon is to see and catalogue every known Pokemon.
>>
>>378144573
a lamp to blind the victim so they cant tell who robbed them
>>
>>378144573
Headlamp so he can make out what needs to be broken to get into cars and shit
>>
>>378144573
GoPro

Unless someone posts proof of the guy's arrest, it was all staged for those sweet Twitch/YouTube views.
>>
>>378138827
>implying
People were everywhere last summer, playing pokemon go. Our town square was bustling all day, err day.
Even at night when I walked my dog you could see legions of players. It was really something. Too bad the game got stale fast.
>>
>>378144549
the stream showed the approximate wearabouts of the the streamer when he got attacked. the "sweeny memorial bench". it's not that difficult to go from there and make a search on your computer.

/pol/ is quite literally overlords of the internet. they can geolocate and track down isis bombers, a bike lock assaulter in black or a damn cuck's flag. they can track down this nigger only if they cared. if /v/ cared enough, they can easily do what /pol/ is known for.

/pol/ are the heroes of the internet, /v/ is the cucks of the world.
>>
>>378143874
Yeah, she has a few pictures of Tyrone's pet arbok.
>>
>>378142750
>I don't know the reason for this, either.
To discourage people from playing Pokemon Go and Driving at the same time.
>>
>>378137974
They didn't set it up so that it would inspire people to keep playing. Easily fixable, but it was made by hacks.
>>
It was a summer fad.
>>
>>378137974
this game could've been huge if they made it more accessible to flyovers, employed a real battling and leveling system that didn't involve free-to-play grinding and launched successive generations of pokemon in a timely manner. but they coasted off of the three weeks that it was massively popular, which i really don't blame them. there is no telling how much money they made, and their company only consists of a handful of people.
>>
>>378137974
It's still not nearly as good as Ingress.
>>
>>378144697
if you Gotta Catch'em All ™ that's fine and dandy but that's not the major selling point.
>>
>>378138827
Pokemon Go isn't aimed at gamers you fucking retard.
>>
>>378144823
>After footage of the attack went viral on Reddit, Yaneza said he would license it, so he would receive money upon the video’s publication.

>“I might as well get something out of this,” he told me.

holy shit you might be onto something
>>
>>378144862
I don't get it
This is so gay!
To post about vidya, but you don't even play!
BUT IT'S FOR (YOU)'S
SHITPOST TO GET SOME MORE (YOU)'S
BUMP YOUR BAIT THREAD, SO REAL POSTS DON'T GET VIEWED
But if he's a shitposter, then I'm one too!
And I'll argue with you, so I can get more (You)'s!
>>
>>378144823
its a headlamp. Niggers use them here to rob you, pretty difficult to see their faces when they point your face with the light
so they use them in the US too... they are getting smarter
>>
>>378137974
Nothing. It had its time in the sun, then died.

That's what all games should do.
>>
>>378144954
They said that 70 people worked on this game.
Then I guess like 2 of them were left to maintain it and make updates.
>>
>>378144992
It was supposed to be though.
Battling other people was added in the last minute.
>>
>>378144862
>the stream showed the approximate wearabouts[sic] of the the streamer when he got attacked. the "sweeny memorial bench". it's not that difficult to go from there and make a search on your computer.
I'm ignoring the other bloggy bullshit you shat out to focus on how stupid this first part of you post is.

If they needed to know where the incident took place, they'd just ask the guy who got robbed, not take the time and effort to extract the location data.

So now the cops have the location where the incident took place. Now what, genius? Do you think they'll just turn on DETECTIVE MODE and follow the theif's glow-in-the-dark footprints to his house?

No really. Stop and think about this more than not at all, you stupid waste of breath.
>>
>>378145078
I don't post for yous, i post to engage in a conversation weather or not on topic.

but i will concede this is how /v/ rolls, god damn /v/ is in denial if they think /pol/ is out to ruin them.
>>
>>378144839
Not gamers. They're not loyal and they'll drop it for the next stupid fad.
>>
>franchise originally conceived around the idea of kids trading bugs with eachother
>game has no trading
>>
>>378138827
>gamers
>playing Pokememe GOY

its for normies
>>
>>378137974
It got stale fast because they didn't add Danton besides catching the Pokemon
>>
>>378145179
i would go onto facebook and look for recent posts about niggers talking about their new (whatever brand phone he has) then make the facial comparisons.

I wouldn't rely on the cops.
>>
>>378144021
Fucking retard
>>
>>378137974
no trading or battling outside of gyms. Gym battles arnt really all that engaging and is more about ganging up with a bunch of team mates
>>
>>378138827
This, and it was clearly a fad from the get go
>>
>>378145179
you know for a faggot who talks big you sure got shut down when you realized people are more capable than you.
>>
>>378145162
there's your problem. but again, they could've just left it as is and let the lease on their servers run out and still make off with millions. why bother?
>>
The game has no lasting appeal unless you're okay with the grind. It doesn't take very long to catch most of the common pokemon you'll see, and trying to get anything rare is a grind, eggs are basically a pedometer combined with a gacha machine, and the """pvp""" involves a dickload of grinding if you actually want to be able to knock over a gym. Shit like actual battles would mean Joe Casul could battle his shitmons against his friends without having to grind 5ever to have a chance of winning, trading would make collecting more appealing, and more regular content updates would have given people a reason to go back and catch some new pokemon easily. I think they're even planning to add some of that shit now, when it's too little too late.

Basically they weren't ready at all to support the kind of attention the game got at release.
>>
>>378137974
Shit capture system
Shit leveling system
Shit battle system
Augmented reality mode not mandatory
No PvP at launch
Reskinned their old game
DOES NOT RECOGNIZE BIKING SLOWLY FOR EGG HATCHING
>>
>>378137974
Too little, too late.

They could have just copied everything from the mainline pokemon games with unique pokemans for each area and people would still play it today.
>>
It was a ploy by google globalists to fill all the holes in their google maps that their camera cars couldn't get to. Millenials got played like the puppets they are.
>>
>>378145585
>There should be PVP in Pokemon Go
>>No there really shouldn't be because the competitive Pokemon scene is really toxic
>FUCK YOU
Hahaha you really showed me
>>378146632
>sure got shut down when you realized people are more capable than you
Lol I think you replied to the wrong post, friendo.
>>
>>378137974
nothing, once you realized you were'nt good enough you dropped the game.
>>
>>378145402
They never keep the stolen goods you idiot, they sell them.
>>
>>378137974
No PvP
No trading
No adding in Pokemon from newer generations in a timely manner
>>
>>378137974
It had written fad all over
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.