[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

File: 484.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
484.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
Will they do it?
>>
No.
>>
I'd prefer UK. I've heard people say they want Toronto but NY is better as a setting.
>>
Vice City still needs a HD upgrade so it makes sense to go there.
>>
>>378136673
i'd prefer a new Vice City

but I guess Tokyo wouldn't so bad either
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>378136890
>NY
>AGAIN

They need to do Chicago, or SOMETHING different. The only way Vice City would work is if they took it back to the 80s because modern day Miami is boring as shit.
>>
>>378136673

Nope. Not enough American movies and TV shows about Tokyo to steal from.
>>
I'd like a GTA UK or Future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlwY8RR_-r4
>>
>>378136673

They need to make it in the US, because the US is the only country with enough varied culture to make fun of.

I'm guessing we won't get GTAVI for a good 5-6 years and who knows what the culture and political climate is going to be by then.
>>
>>378137057
No I don't want NY again, I'm just saying it's good for the city/urban side of map/art design. I would love for them to take the game somewhere exotic, like Brazil or Mexico.
>>
>GTA 6: driving 10 under the speed limit in the fast lane
>>
>>378136673
Not relatable to the average normie
>>
>>378136673
I want to see a return to the UK. It's time that the UK got its own "Not-London" city, like Liberty City is to New York.

Japan is already more authentically done by the Yakuza games.
>>
>>378136890
Toronto would be identical to any generic video game New York. Not enough landmarks, and the average person could only really recognize the CN Tower anyway. Plus nobody outside Canada would get any of the satire and references.

But if Rob Ford was a mission giver it would be 11/10 GTAOTYAY.
>>
>>378136673
GTA 4 was better than GTA5

the world in GTA5 was closed, just miles of un intereactable scenery
>>
>>378137197
A Blade Runner styled GTA would be awesome.

There's some form with GTA2.
>>
>>378136673
Why? Yakuza does a better job at these anyways. Scotland would be nice seeing as Rockstar North is based there.
>>
>>378137427
GTA: London with a Guy Ritchie-esque plot would be fucking great.
>>
File: 1324060467290.png (67KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1324060467290.png
67KB, 232x197px
>>378137435
>you will never get a "special delivery" mission from Rob "Y'all leaves don't even snort coke" Ford
>>
>>378137567
Or something like True Crime in a cyberpunk universe where you're a bounty hunter
Prey 2 never
>>
>>378137496
>GTA 4 was better than GTA5
GTA 4 was boring. None of the characters where particularly interesting, Niko's story was uninteresting and having to stop every five minutes to keep friends happy was just annoying.
>>
>>378137658
That quest chain would be like:
>Get crack for the mayor
>get rid of the reporter threatening to expose the mayor smoking crack
>get more crack
>media finds out about the crack, dump all the crack
>kidnap Drake from the Raptors game to distract people from all the crack
>get more crack
>>
>>378136673
If they do i fucking hope is a extremely good representation of the city.

Otherwise i'm suing rockstar
>>
pls no amerishit cities anymore
japan is obvious choise
>>
should be set in 2050 in a hypergay seattle future
>>
>every thread is always some non-american posting WILL THEY MAKE A GTA GAME IN MY COUNTRY?
>answer is always no
It's a parody of AMERICAN culture you fucking retards. That said, it's super likely to be Vice City. After that, I'd guess Las Venturas (Vegas).

>inb4 MUH GTA IN UK THAT NO ONE PLAYED THOUGH
>>
Give me Vice City with some everglades you fucks
>>
>>378136673
>GTA: Rio never

I really wish i could be a gang leader and fight for my favela and conquest new favelas
>>
>>378138123
Im hoping for a Las Venturas one. Tonnes of good pop culture they can draw on, and I always thought that LV was real underutilized in SA.
>>
I'd enjoy a setting like Colorado. Less focussed on a fuckhuge city, but loads more variety.
>>
>>378137870
I agree it had its flaws but as an open world which is supposed to be at the core of GTA, it was far more entertaining.
>>
Houston, Dallas And SA. Texas is literally the last place they can do. You have huge cities, miles of open wildnerness and beaches.
>>
>>378136673
One can hope, in about a week from release the weeb power would release a functional piratable multiplayer
>>
Most Westerners have no idea about Japanese society, so it'd be wasted, especially since Japanese people wouldn't buy it either because of the genre. I'd like it to be set in Not-London, but it'll probably be another American city.
>>
>>378136673
No normies only want shit they'll recognize
>>
>>378136673
>an entire game full of this cringy bullshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5baTuq-LJs
I hope not.
>>
>>378137057
>modern miami is boring
Well fuck you too buddy.
>>
What about Boston? Or Montreal?
>>
>western devs make gta in japan
>rips off yakuza side shit like pachinko and karaoke
>does it better than yakuza
>suddenly nips on suicide watch

Would b. cool.
>>
>>378140881

>canada

>These hosers be tryin' to take our maple syrup away now eh!
>Let's give them a whoppah!
>Oh I'm so sorry for breakin' yer' legs eh?
>Sorry for robbin' yer' bank gotta pay off mah hockey debt.
>player dies and transforms into a pile of maple leaves

Nah, GTA canada doesn't make any sense.
>>
>GTA Canada
>get wasted
>6 months in game time goes by
>>
File: GTA VC.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
GTA VC.webm
3MB, 600x338px
I don't think the setting matters, the gameplay does. IV and V were both underwhelming, I miss the chases of Vice City, where I would dodge tire strips and cops would try to ram me off the road, also the game rewarded you for map knowledge so you could pick up stars to reduce your wanted level.

In IV escaping the police is "dodge the spawns that show up on the minimap" which is boring. In V escaping the police is just sitting and hiding in some spot while the wanted level goes away. Both police systems are trash and not as engaging as the old games.

Also there's a severe lack of content in IV and V compared to VC and SA. Again the setting doesn't matter if the gameplay is going to be the same shit as those HD entries.
>>
Make a GTA in the Cars 2 version of Tokyo?
>>
>>378136673
a future setting cyber-punk london with no muslims would be perfect
>>
>>378136673
NO! Stop asking for japan, R* allrdy said they cant do japan.
>>
>>378138631
The fuck are you talking about?it was a boring city full of ten different cars. Probably the worst open world in the franchise
>>
GTA Moscow

Rising through the ranks doing dirty laundry for the KGB
>>
>>378141660
good game mechanics dont matter anymore, they just have to improve graphics tech and will outsell every previous version.
>>
>>378137591
Literally this.

Tokyo wouldn't feel fresh enough because of the Yakuza series.

They need to do U.K. or Paris or some European shit.
>>
>>378136673
Rockstar already started they wouldn't do a GTA in Tokyo because the roads are too narrow to have fun chase scenes and the like. It wouldn't fit the theme of "GTA."
>>
>>378142221

>implying regular people buy niche yakuza games made specifically for nips to play

Nope, GTA would make yakuza look like trash rather quickly if it was set in Japan, 80's to future japan doesn't matter.
>>
>>378142049
yeah, GTA V sold so many copies, they'll just turn the next game into another gimped-SP, shark card grinding MP piece of shit
>>
>>378142221
Paris would be pretty sweet
>>
>>378142221
>UK
>equip butter knife
>instant 6 stars
>>
>>378142312
>Nope, GTA would make yakuza look like trash rather quickly if it was set in Japan
How so?
>>
what about a state wide setting of new jersey in a goodfelllas/sopranos kind of way.
>>
>gta in countries without guns
No thanks, make a central/south american gta and we're in business.
>>
It's going to be Liberty City and you're going to like it
>>
File: Shuto_Expressway_03.jpg (293KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shuto_Expressway_03.jpg
293KB, 1024x768px
>>378142239

>roads too narrow to have fun chases
>wouldn't fit GTA theme

Must be the britbongs saying this, especially since their roads are even worse than Japans by quite a wide margin.

It's like you faggots have never heard of the C1 loop/Shuto Expressway or anything, where 200mph supercars rule the night. Not to mention the infrastructure is more friendly (and face it, wider) than british roads. There's regular streets that you'd find anywhere filling up Tokyo.

Let's not forget how the game can finally force players to get out of their cars and walk. When you go from expressway, to main road, to side street, you'll eventually get to a point where you have to walk through several alleys to get to your destination. There was always too little walking in GTA titles, regardless of the title.

Lastly, to put a final nail in the retard coffin, GTA Japan would play better than Sleeping Dogs.
>>
It's not going to happen. It has no mainstream appeal in the west.
>>
the hague would be cool
>>
>>378142856
you may think japan roads are bigger than britain roads, but it's all proporation, japan people a very small so in reality the roads are very small
>>
they should go GTA VI Lima (peru)
>>
>>378142430

The engine would be the first killer, combat would feel way more fluid and forceful if they expanded hand to hand combat. I shouldn't even have to mention how much better vehicles would be, especially in the handling department. The last big killer I've thought of is the story, I couldn't get into Sleeping Dogs to save my life (and I tried, a lot) but I've never had a problem getting into the flow of a GTA main story. Also gunplay, much much better gunplay.
>>
What about grand thefft auto in the islamic state?
I want to see something positive about other cultures.
>>
>>378136673
How about Chinatown wars 2?
>>
>>378143250
>twin stick shooter controls
>heavily stylized
>expanded system of crashing cars to reduce level
>multiplayer
I'm down for it, CW was better than GTA4 or 5
>>
It should be set in pongyang if it's gonna be in Asia
>>
>>378143072
I forgot Americans need wide roads to ride on their lard scooters.
>>
File: 20170522155148_1.jpg (76KB, 300x395px) Image search: [Google]
20170522155148_1.jpg
76KB, 300x395px
>>
>>378143156
I thought we were comparing it to Yakuza? I agree with you though on most points. Rockstar should place an emphasis on building a rich combat system moving away from the basic jank that we had in the previous games. Being able to fully explore rural Japan would be nice too.
>>
>>378143587
Great fookim game. I would like a sequel to that
>>
>cities in GTA 1: Liberty, Vice, SA

>PS2 trilogy: Liberty, Vice, SA

>GTA 4: Liberty
>GTA 5: SA
>GTA 6: ???

Gee I wonder where GTA VI(CE) will be set
>>
>>378143461
I'd also like the return of those minigames for stealing and hot-wiring cars. They were pretty neat. Actually, this reminds me of : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWKEYAfMt8
Being able to make drugs CW's minigame style would be pretty comfy aswell.
>>
>>378143072

>implying their cars are inherently smaller than any other country

I understand you've never been out of the country, but you're severely underestimating the size of Japanese cars. Have you never heard of the Hiace van? They make Dodge vans look small, because the wheelbase of a dodge ram van at its largest is 127" long, where the Hiace is 211" long.

I understand math is hard in the 6th grade young lady, but try using your brain instead of using your ass as a source of information.

>the japanese people are small therefore their roads are small

not a good (or even realistic) argument.
>>
>>378143767
Las Venturas was in the ps2 trilogy also, it could easily have its own game.
>>
>>378142013
fucking pleb
>>
>>378142856
Funny Sleeping Dogs was better than V
>>
>>378136673
It's extremely unlikely. Rockstar is a bunch of fucking cretins, but even they have to realize that if they try to tackle different social and cultural environment than europe or the americas, it's going to end badly.
And we all know fucking tragic it is when western authors try to emulate eastern environments. R* is definitely no Sofia Coppola to pull something like that off, and I think even they realize that.

Plus, I don't think it has enough of a Marketing Pull. Rockstar ONLY makes their games based on currently popular major TV or Cinema properties anyway, and there isn't much of a big Tokyo-set movies or series out there right know as far as I can tell.
>>
>>378143917
Everything in the open world aspect was a step down from San Andreas
>>
>>378143917
Cool argument faggot, go back being a contrarian cuck
>MUH GTA IV IS BETTER THAN V EVEN THOUGH V IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER IN EVERY ASPECT
>>
>>378143557

>you may think japanese roads are bigger than british roads

Japanese and British, no other country mentioned.

>japan people a very small so in reality the roads are very small

Some stupid statement that makes no logical sense, smells like a British person saying dumb shit to me.

>>378143557

>british muslim goes FULL RETARD and brings up America for no reason in a UK/Japan comparison

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>378143614

Yakuza is all one big running story with crap combat and a bunch of time killing mini games mixed in, it really can't be compared to a real game like GTA the more I thought about it. I thought it would be more fair to compare it to Chinese ripoff GTA.
>>
>>378144330
Not even British. Or Canadian. Or Yuropoor. Stay mad, americunt.
>>
>>378143975

Funny, I recall it being a boring incoherent mess with the only plus side being that it looked great for the time. It's a 6/10 game at best.
>>
>>378143917
then tell me why to this day SA actually has a large community in the modded multiplayer scene compared to 4 and 5. I'll tell ye why. SA got the open world right. Game may look ugly today but its still a whole lotta fun playing it with others through multiplayer mods. Only thing where i can actually live out my fantasy on rp servers selling dope from my car and getting gud at it.
>>
>>378142365
Paris? why not just Africa at that point?
>>
>>378144460

I'm Australian you dumb 3rd world mudslime cunt.
>>
File: GTA MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (118KB, 1035x559px) Image search: [Google]
GTA MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
118KB, 1035x559px
>>378143917

>argument lost

And the winner by TKO is GTA V!
>>
Nah asians pretending to be hardcore pulls me out of the game.
>>
>>378144548
Yeah sums up V quite well
>>
Set it in Washington DC, but with a focus on the shitty suburbs. Make it a contemporary gang story in the vein of San Andreas
>>
>>378136673
GTA london!
Cant drive anywhere
have to pay congestion charges when you do
90% of the people there are immigrants
police are unarmed and have no power at all

great game inc!
>>
>>378136673
It'll be whatever setting they find appeals to the masses more. It'll definitely be US based. The casuals aren't spergy enough to want Tokyo. I have a feeling they'll go the way of Far Cry 5 or similar but Vice City would be an obvious easy/safe choice. Or do the North East and have Boston because the "brash boston attitude" is trendy right now.
>>
File: pesistheftauto.jpg (99KB, 350x494px) Image search: [Google]
pesistheftauto.jpg
99KB, 350x494px
They can't do Tokyo. We're all still waiting on Grand Theft Auto: Pepsiman!
>>
>>378145154
They got biker gangs too, it would work
>>
>>378141974
>Can't

For what reason?
>>
>>378136673
>all those lighting effects
>on console
It would have to have terrible graphics settings or not include those kinds of areas at all. Consoles ensure things like this cannot happen on the scale that people want on the engines needed.
>>
>>378145646
>For what reason?
Not him, but I would assume that it's because they have a bit of common sense left and realize that the environments are too alien, their style and "sense of humor" would only come across incredibly crass and probably really racist when set into non-western settings, the research they would have to do, the amount investment into localizations, voiceacting etc... would further balloon their already insane budgets, they generally don't know what kind stories and characters to create to fit the settings, and in general: realize that if they don't want to piss off entirety of Japan and everyone who has ever been to Japan would be immense and not worth the trouble.
>>
File: 1459819535687.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459819535687.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>378145148

see

>>378143917
>>
>>378144759

It's because the draw distance is set to 200 yards instead of 2 miles, it's actually an awful map without the fog making it seem larger than it is. Basically, you're a sucker for illusions.
>>
>>378141660
how did they manage to make San Andreas graphics so inferior compared to Vice City?
>>
>>378146620
>big maps are always better maps
>>
>>378146920
iI don't think the graphics are that much worse though, got a comparison?

San Andreas is much bigger than Vice City, that could be the reason to downgrade graphics, even though i'm not sure I follow your view that SA looks worse than VC.
>>
>>378137347
>GTA 6: Taking the train everywhere because traffic is horrible
>>
>>378146920
most of Vice City is down to the lighting effects. the models in that game have a ton of jaggies compared to SA.
>>
>>378146620
The world is still much better than 4
>>
They already said GTA will never leave america
>>
>>378143587
SLEEPING DOGS 2 NEVER EVER
>>
>>378136673

maybe in 10 years
>>
I wish, but it just wouldnt sell as well as a game set in the West
>>
File: 1356143349983.gif (3MB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
1356143349983.gif
3MB, 459x459px
Tokyo COULD be neat.

I think it would be cool to see factions come back from 2 but maybe in the form of different families you work for.
>>
>>378144427

Your description fits GTA series to verbatim, except with added muh pointless open world.
>>
>>378136673

I wish, and put emphasis on drift racing/customizing cars
>>
>>378136673
I unironically want New York again. Thrown in the 5 boroughs of NYC proper as well as parts of North Jersey, Long Island, Westchester and the Catskills and you'd have an interesting setting.
>>
>>378150093
Don't worry it will be, in fact, I bet the series will alternate between modern Liberty City and modern San Andreas for each main entry in each gen.
>>
>>378136673
oh yeah it would be cool to have a realistic portrayal of all the violent crime happening in tokyo...

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21722216-there-was-just-one-fatal-shooting-whole-2015-crime-dries-up-japans-police-hunt

oh right it would suck.
>>
>be tokyo
>75% of the characters are jap speaking broken english
I don't think it would ever happen. They'll most likely revisit miami to cash in on nostalgia once again. New York is just too good of a city not to do again.
>>
>>378146059
That makes sense. I can't really see R* doing anything political for outside the U.S and maybe some parts of EU. I feel like JP is best left to Sega or something.
>>
>>378143587
>dogs theft auto in hong kong never ever
>>
>>378151102
>trusting Japanese statistics
If police don't immediately know who the murderer is when they find a corpse they'll rule it a suicide or natural death.
http://articles.latimes.com/2007/nov/09/world/fg-autopsy9
>>
>>378136673
It doesn't matter where they set it as long as they don't put good music in it.
>>
File: i dont think so.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
i dont think so.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
>>378140960
>>
>GTA
>Not America
>NEVER
>EVER
>EVER
>Happening

Sorry. Pains me to say it, too.
>>
I'm sick of GTA, it's been the same game since forever.
>>
>>378136673
>theft
>Japan
WHAITUU PIGGU GO HOME
>>
>>378152670
>Japanese statistics

Yes, I will trust reliable statistics from an advanced first world country, because despite the questionable practices of certain Japanese police departments, Japan has a very low crime rate.
>>
>>378155023
Japanese don't steal
>>
>>378155851
yeah especially gangs like the yakuza, dey dindu nuffin they gud boyz
>>
>>378153628
London already happened
>>
>>378143230
>only cars are toyota pickups
>>
>>378148369
but it already has
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.