[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else prefer smaller TVs for vidya?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: crt tekken.jpg (684KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
crt tekken.jpg
684KB, 3000x2000px
It's more comfy and reminds me of my tiny ass CRT I had when I was a kid.
>hooking up RGB cables to play Ultimate Spider-Man, MGS 2, Halo, Burnout 3 and GTA
>>
That's stupid, enjoy unmitigated radiation spraying across your room.
>>
>>378131130
This doesn't only apply to CRTs and besides, that's a myth. The 70s enforced regulations on that shit.
>>
>>378131023
No Acrually I prefer the largest CRT possible because playing on small screens is shit unless you're doing it for novelty sake in which case I play my NES on a 5inch
>>
>>378131326
Doesn't the lack of pixel density bother you? Stretching a low resolution image across a big screen doesn't look great.
>>
>>378131523
Looks perfectly fine and crisp on my 36'. I mostly use good consoles like ps2 gamecube and Xbox. So I can hook up component for a very very nice picture.

N64 looks like ass no matter what, same goes for most ps1 games.
>>
>>378131863
>N64 looks like ass no matter what, same goes for most ps1 games.
I mean it is 240p.
>>
No, CRTs are garbage at low sizes and you're losing half the benefits of them.

19" is the absolute minimum in my mind.
>>
>>378132219
>losing half the benefits of them.
If you're talking about scanlines, they're not meant to be that visible.
>>
>>378132097
That's why I don't fuck with some low resolution shit on a big CRT. >>378132219 This guy knows what he's talking about. 20 inches is literally the bare minimum. Some people think 27inches is a good size though because it's not too massive for a space but at the same time a nice amount of screen real estate.

I prefer 36' though if you can accommodate it
>>
Daily reminder there will always be hipster faggots for every little thing.
Just ignore them.
>>
>>378132408
>>If you're talking about scanlines, they're not meant to be that visible.
The bigger the screen, the less visible the scanlines are because you can sit further away.

>>378132417
You've got to clarify ratio too though, a 27" 16:9 is only an inch taller than a 20" 4:3.
>>
>>378132710
I thought they were more visible on big screens?
>>
OP never mentioned that he uses a CRT
just that small TVs remind him of CRTs and he likes them for that reason
>>
>>378132710
>16:9
What are you a fucking moron. Hdcrt's are ass and don't ever need to be considered for anything
>>
>>378133006
They're good for 7th gen and some Xbox titles, pleb.
>>
>>378134845
Really, why? Please tell me why they're so good for what you said.
>>
File: Katana.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
Katana.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>I play fighting games with an arcade pad
>>
Is a CRT PC monitor a good alternative to a CRT TV, at least for emulators? It's been forever since I've used one, do they look similar when displaying stuff?
>>
>>378135026
Super good for anything 6th gen onwards. Make sure to get a multi scan monitor though. You won't regret it
>>
>>378135540
How does 5th gen and back look on one?
>>
>>378134906
They deal with jaggies far better than your typical LCD, and the processing latency, while bad, is still the best option. VGA is good too, but a lot of consoles didn't support that shit, and 16:9 on a 20-24" PC monitor is mediocre.

>>378135026
>>378135727
Bad for anything old, shadow mask is completely different to aperture grille.
>>
>>378134906
Not him but a lot of seventh gen games run at sub 720p and CRTs can help hide the jaggies you get from upscaling.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.