[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Duel Links and Vrains, is Yu-gi-oh saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 2017-05-26-11-33-30-1401220843.jpg (16KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-11-33-30-1401220843.jpg
16KB, 280x180px
With Duel Links and Vrains, is Yu-gi-oh saved?
>>
>>378113690
>Vrains
>Good
Sorry anon, this game is trash
>>
Is vrains actually good? I havent seen it yet.
>>
>tfw never played YGO in my life
How do I get into this game?
>>
>>378114917
not really, it is passable at most
>>378115495
you could play the gbc/gba/ps1 games for an introduction. alternatively, duel links has plenty of tutorials if you like mobile games
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-24-07-53-08.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-24-07-53-08.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>378113690
Me summons blue eyes dragon first turn.
>>
>>378115759
Which game in particular?
>>
>>378115495
Dont listen to this idiot.
>>378115759
Duel links is good enough to learn the game it was my first time playing yugioh and now im a pro.
>>
>>378116013
Lmao noob
>>
>>378114917
Extremely average, seems to be a extremely device driven story with bland characters, it seems to be alternating between episodes with and without duel which is not helping the pace very much
>>
>>378115913

Sweet trash deck.
>>
>>378116013
>I've been to regionals like everyone and their mother has
>I'm """"""""""pro""""""""""
>>
>>378116013
>>378116148
Does Duel Links come with all the cards? Doesn't YGO have like 8000 cards? How the fuck am I going to learn all this shit as a beginner?
>>
Duel Links isn't bad, although it suffers from the P2W disease far more strongly than other CCGs.
HS is successful, because you can really play it for free without suffering all too much.
I don't think Duel Links will come even close.

>>378114917
Dropped it during ep1. Although I think I might have enjoyed it, if I was a young teen.

tldr: No.
>>
>>378116274
>HS
what's that
>>
>>378114917
It's promising but at only 3 episodes still too early to tell.
I like they gone back to the more serious character type like Atem and Yusei were in Yuusaku.
And I do appreciate that rather than a duel every episode they are taking time to properly world build and advance the plot and characters.
The soundtrack so far isn't so impressive though.
>>
>>378116408
Hearthstone
>>
File: huh.png (229KB, 447x455px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
229KB, 447x455px
>>378116270
No, it doesn't come with all the cards. You don't worry about all the cards, just the recent cards. You play test nonstop all the time until you learn most of the meta decks from the past few years. You'll naturally memorize every staple like that. Eventually you'll look into older cards once you're good to make rogue decks or improve existing decks.

These garbage ass normie yugioh games are just that. Aimed at normie idiots who can't be arsed to learn the game properly. There is a huge subset of people who bitch and moan about anything new outside of the original anime, which is what most people grew up watching. This game caters to them and cuts out like 90% of the card pool. It has only the really old, slow, boring, underpowered cards. The game was COMPLETELY different back then, and despite what nostalgia faggots with no brain for strategy will tell you, it's much better now.

I'd say there are 3 ways to get into the game.

(continued)
>>
File: halp.png (219KB, 583x535px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
219KB, 583x535px
>>378117351

>1. Recommended
Watch the original anime. If you watch the Japanese sub it's actually pretty good. The dub is super childish and censored out the ass. Meanwhile play some video game, even if it's duel links. The anime is actually pretty good (but not the dub). Abandon duel links as soon as you can. Don't get caught in its web of people unwilling to learn new mechanics.

>2. Ease into it
Play games from throughout yugioh history going forward each time so you slowly learn all the summoning mechanics.

>3. If you're already good at TCG. Not recommended for most beginners
Skip all the fluff and jump straight into Legacy of the Duelist just long enough to learn the game's basics, but first watch a few YouTube videos that teach the game. As soon as you can, go straight to YGOPRO, the ONLY good yugioh simulator. There's a PC and phone version. This lets you immediately build any deck and practice against the bots or players to face several former and current meta decks. Remember to hold down the mouse button when your opponent makes a play to stop and read.

All 3 ways have to end up at YGOPRO. It's the only good yugioh game. If you're even a remotely serious player to any degree you play ygopro or duelingbook. Ygo gets new cards the instant they're spoiled in Japan, so it's very up to date
>>
File: 1439169966043.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1439169966043.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>378117373
I want to do UNSPEAKABLE things to Anzu
>>
>>378114917
Super promising
I think we finally have something that can stand up to based 5D's but it is too early to tell.

Great soundtrack, pretty story driven without meaningless duels, characters are great so far, etc.
>>
Lmao duel links sucks. I've literally long seen normie faggots who don't play yugioh using it. Not one of them ever playerd seriously. My friends who used to play in the 08-11 meta but quit also think it's garbage since anyone who's ever played at a higher level understands how much better the game is compared to vanilla card days when there was no strategic depth
>>
>>378117880
We all do.
>>
>>378113690
No the game is ded

They just need to get rid of card trader or basically just make crafting material usable for all cards not just the very small card trader pool. If you want to f2p you have to stick to the same deck for months as you won't have the cards to make another deck that can actually get plat.
>>
>>378115495

My recommendation would be: don't

The more you learn about the game the less you'll like it
>>
>>378121713
Why?
>>378117351
>>378117373
I have YGOPRO installed.
>>
>>378122334

Unless you are playing with just your buddies and you all agree to use shit decks you'll be otk or otk the opponent every game. It's powercreeped to all hell, and no before you say it I don't think pendulums were a bad idea but xyz were.

To try and slow the game down they made link monsters to stop ss spam. But all that does is make some decks unplayable and others don't give a shit and rip everything apart anyway.

40 card minimum is to small with how consistent decks are now. You aren't playing vs your opponent, you are jerking yourself off and waiting if the other guy to give you the go ahead to bust a nut
>>
>>378122974
in english, please

and nah, none of my friends play ygo
>>
>>378123734

Game is not good

Konami no know how to balance game

if you like deck, it probably shit

Better?
>>
>>378123734

He's saying "Shit's fucked."
>>
>no E-Heroes
No reasons to play
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.