[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitman studio Io Interactive suffers layoffs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

File: shitman.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shitman.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
http://www.pcgamer.com/hitman-studio-io-interactive-suffers-layoffs/

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/866997673412501506/photo/1

>The future of the Hitman series was put in jeopardy earlier this month when Square Enix announced plans to "withdraw from the business" of developer Io Interactive. The situation seemed to brighten shortly after, when a rumor surfaced indicating that Io will retain the rights to Hitman and proceed with work on the second season. But an update tweeted today indicates that less than two weeks after the studio was put on the block, it has been forced to let employees go.

>The number of employees affected by the cuts isn't known, nor is the status of Square Enix's efforts to sell the studio. It's obviously not good news, but the potential upside is that reduced staff levels could help make Io more attractive to potential buyers. It's also possible—although this is purely speculation—that the layoffs are a condition of a buyout agreement that's been reached but not yet announced.

hahahahah...

*breathes in*

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHA
>>
What's funny about it?
>>
>>378112947
were the 3 layers of DRM (including always online at release), online unlocks in a SP game , limited time events and early access IO idea or SE?
if it were IO they can kindly fuck off
>>
File: 1474827811066.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474827811066.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>mfw this and the tyranny flop thread

4chan has some of the most autistic and pathetic users on the internet. I don't even play IO/Obsidian games, what possesses you to make the same threads each and every day?
>>
But can we expect thinly-veiled butthurt over right wing politics in the future? That was clearly a selling point.
>>
>>378112976
They ignored the people giving them feedback. They lost their jobs.

It's entirely their fucking fault.
>>
>>378113167
The war on masculine white culture. You wouldn't know since you're just a cuck numale
>>
>>378113257
>They didn't listen to me so they didn't listen to anyone
>>
>always online system
>episodic
>denuvo
>elusive targets
There's a good game buried inside a mountain of trash
>>
>>378113357
Yes keep believing that.
>>
>>378113379
And I'm really tired of digging.
>>
>publisher uses the most anti-consumer release model possible
>3xDRM
>timed content (elusive targets)
>when all of this fails, the publisher (who was really at fault here) burns all connections with the dev to cover their fuckups

really, by itself Hitman isn't a bad game, but because of the publisher practices, the series is now dead.
>>
>>378113379
>always online system
Shit.
>episodic
Great.
>denuvo
Doesn't matter.
>elusive targets
Good idea, but most of them have sucked.
>>
>>378112947
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

SUCK DICK AAA DEVS HAHAHAHHAHAHAH
>>
>>378113756
Is that how people look at it? I thought it was the only time outside of an MMO where episodic and time exclusive content was done well.
>>
>>378112947

Good. Shit developers need to die.
>>
>npcs dont react to blood spots
>same VA for different levels
>no sniper rifle case
>overall dumb AI
>shitty levels nothing nearly as good as heaven and hell party level from blood money
>all targets are boring as shit some militia some mossad wtf is this
>retarded main story who gives a fuck about hitman lore anyway
>no post briefing newspaper
>timed content
more like shitman 2016 lmao
>>
>/v/ hates Hitman now

What the fuck happened bros?
>>
>>378114112
Redditors left
>>
>>378114112
Pirates who didn't get to play it heard about layoffs.
>>
>>378113790

episodic is retarded, it takes the immersion, the second you are enjoying the game the mission ends and then ou wait for the next one after a month. i could never get into it because i knew there wouldt be more unless i waited a month. also only 7 missions? dont give me the replayability since that's only for autists. mgsv had that to and i love mgsv but it fucked up the game and the immersion.
>>
>>378114031
You missed grinding points to unlock items like Silverballers
>>
>>378114112
>people hate a husk devoided of everything that made hitman good
more like normalfags shilling their first hitman game.
>>
>>378114162
>Muh immersion
And you're calling other people autists lmao
>>
>>378114176
>You missed grinding points to unlock items like Silverballers
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT REMIND ME
>>
>>378112947
I never liked squeenix
>>
>>378113379
The always online is shit, and denuvo is annoying i guess but those seem like decisions that would come from the idiots at Squeenix rather than IO.

The episodic system, bad as it sounded, actually turned out alright. I don't get why people still give the game shit for that. They designed the game as a platform for content and that works wonders with Hitman.

The elusive targets are just a bonus to the main game, and i find it hard to believe they won't be back, seeing the money they must have invested in each one.
>>
>>378114245
>immersion is autistic
Now you need to fuck off.
>>
>>378114153
>muh piracy
console versions exist. where are 2 billion ps4 sales then? you're fucking retarded faggot.
>>
>>378114112
Hitman (2016)
>>
>>378113131
>this is even a question
Bro, no dev ever has said "We have a good thing going with our series, now let's add things we know people hate and remove core features that have been in for three games."

Absolution and HITMANtm are both on Squeenix.
>>
File: HMA 2015-09-28 14-29-38-10.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HMA 2015-09-28 14-29-38-10.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>378114112
Hitman Absolutshit happened.
>>
>>378114275
But the people getting fucked here are IO Interactive. Fucked by squeenix.
>>
>>378114394
>Absolution and HITMANtm are both on Squeenix.
this.
>>
>>378114350
Go play Resident Evil or something, Hitman is all about mastering the gameplay. Besides, it should help your ~immersion~ that you have to wait for new hits. It's not like 47 kills 20 targets a day. Lmao.
>>
>>378114403
Absolution was a fuck up, sure, but surely that doesn't warrant mindlessly hating on the series as a whole. If you're not an edgy contrarian faggot anyway.
>>
>>378114536
nobody hates hitman series as a whole, only dumb shitman 2016 faggots.
>>
>>378114403
I really liked Absolution for the cover shooting aspect. If they hadn't put in Hitman as the title I think it would've been a pretty good game.
>>
>>378113941
>>378114031
I think the timed content was very lackluster. Good thing, because you're not missing anything meaningful, but bad because it's, well shit. Pretty much every single ET was
>change position of a guard or two
>add one NPC with voice lines who either sits somewhere completely retarded that requires you to abuse the AI (f.ex. Food Critic's booth) or wanders around a bit
>that's literally it
They probably spent more time making the fucking introduction movies for every ET.

Also to add to the list of complaints, the always online DRM was bad no matter if you're pirate or not. If you're downloading anything while playing ™ the menus and loading slow to a crawl. Same thing whenever server maintenance happens. Considering all the bad blood they created with this shit AND the very buggy and poorly optimized initial launch as if the thing was a fucking early access game it's no wonder ™ didn't garner that much popularity.
>>
I wish the mods would ban people who make the exact same threads over and over again everyday
>>
File: 20161216184335_1.jpg (127KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161216184335_1.jpg
127KB, 1440x900px
>>378112947
Got it on sale, missed most ET, over 70 hrs played and still having fun.
>>
TM was huge step in the right direction, its just a shame they forced game as a service horesehit. The "live experience" only got more and more lazy as time went on, ET quality just plummeted after the first 6.
>>
>>378115171
>ET quality just plummeted after the first 6
They were always as bad.
>>
>>378115171
>TM was huge step in the right direction
More accurately, it was walking back the linearity mistake of Absolution.
>>
File: 1488444268563.gif (1MB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
1488444268563.gif
1MB, 300x212px
>People wanted it to fail because of the always online (which they fixed) and the episodic content (which they released the whole season in a bundle for)

Fucking kill me. It was way better than absolution and they were slowly fine tuning Hitman to be better for Blood money fans. If they only had 1 more season...

And the worst part is everyone is blaming the devs and not squeenix
>>
REST IN PISS
>>
>>378115384
>always online (which they fixed)
Still can't unlock anything offline. Still can't get a score offline. Still no escalations or featured contracts offline. It's still crap, just not as crap as before.
>>
>>378115294
>TM was huge step in the right direction
>More accurately, it was walking back the linearity mistake of Absolution.

Then why IO having layoffs then? Clearly absolution was the right path as it brought the attention to the series meanwhile TM went back to blood money style of gameplay causing the company to nearly go under

Clearly nobodies on /v/ have no business sense and don't know whats good for videgame let alone the hitman series
>>
>>378115794
6/10, have a (You).
>>
>>378115794
>Then why IO having layoffs then?
Always online, episodic releases and Denuvo. Three things that give people pause when considering their purchase, all stacked on top of each other in a Square Enix orgy of "Fuck these round eyed developers." It's like how 2K killed Evolve with that abhorrent DLC plan. It's not a perfect game, but it's better than the predecessor and it's sad that turbojew publishing decisions have cost people jobs.
>>
>>378114329
>The elusive targets are just a bonus to the main game, and i find it hard to believe they won't be back, seeing the money they must have invested in each one.
Gee, luckily there is no chance of the servers been shut down and development halting meaning all that money people spent on the game that went into dev time for content they cant play will never return!

Oh wait, that literally just fucking happened. Everyone who spent a cent on this literally bought content they cant play and will never get to play.
>>
>>378115998
>no chance of the servers been shut down
>that literally just fucking happened
I was just playing and the servers are up.
>>
File: 1427198636421.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1427198636421.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>378115998
Oh shit he is right
>>
>>378116094
>no chance
Reading comprehension retard

There is now a very high chance the servers get shut down, presumably the game will still be available in an offline mode but there is no saying the elusive targets will ever come back.
>>
>>378115468
they said they were going to fix that
>>
>>378116223
Boy I hope the now dying dev team keep to their promises!

All you fucking idiots supporting this games always online and cutting off content for week long periods deserve this.
>>
>>378116153
You shouldn't question other people's reading comprehension when you write shit like "there is no chance of the servers been shut down". You're also making assumptions that online will be needed if elusives are brought back. All the data is already in the game files, servers only give you access to it.

>>378116223
Source?
>>
>>378116284
>paid $30
>got 200 hours out of it
Man what a ripoff.
>>
>>378112947
>posting this again LOOK AT ME GUYS
>>
File: 1452550151103.png (704KB, 937x712px) Image search: [Google]
1452550151103.png
704KB, 937x712px
>>378112947
>all these TORtanic autists blaming the devs instead of Square Enix
>>
>>378116360
>paid $30
>locked out of content he paid for
It literally was a ripoff, you could have 1 hour or a billion. Changes nothing.
>>
reminder shitman was always garbage
>>
>>378116338
>still fails at reading comprehension
Im not really sorry you're retarded since you sound like an arrogant prick

Have a nice day
>>
File: Wintercoat.png (98KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
Wintercoat.png
98KB, 349x356px
>>378116153
>tfw I just got this from the last ET
The only reason to do the elusive targets desu
>>
>>378114846
In previous Hitman games, that guy would have reacted to your reflection.
>>
>>378116528
First dude sex now hitman, is squeenix killing western culture?
>>
File: 1491396090612.jpg (75KB, 810x456px) Image search: [Google]
1491396090612.jpg
75KB, 810x456px
excellent. maybe now ioi can find a new publisher and they can make a sequel to their best game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1TpvZdwEY
>>
>>378116567
If you own any games on Steam you have no argument.

>>378116719
They're sure as shit trying to kill Western studios.

>lol, you got 4 million sales of this Tomb Raider reboot after the name has been synonymous with trash for over a decade, disappointing
>>
At least we got Professional difficulty before everybody got fired.
>>
>>378116992
What a low note to end on.
>>
>>378113131
Since it got cracked I would hope the normies bought enough to make another and that they have to keep responding to criticism to stay alive but still making Hitman.
>>
>>378117060
You didn't like Professional? I thought the AI changes (people more likely to flip a shit if you were carrying around a suppressed weapon or a hammer or whatever), cameras actually providing more challenge than just "delete the tapes before you leave" and some of the other changes like not being able to wear a bloodied costume were all pretty cool and added a bit to the immersion.

One save per level was pretty bullshit given the size of some of the levels (fuck Colorado). That, and the Kuregermeier being pretty much mandatory to take out cameras surreptitiously.
>>
>>378116695
I'm still trying to work out how they managed to improve the AI in 2016 in almost every way, but forgot mirrors and blood pools.
>>
>people defending elusive targets

It's content that I paid for & content that I downloaded that sits on my hard drive that I cannot access because the devs say I can't and there's no way to remove that content that sits on my hard drive without deleting the entire game, a game that I paid for.

Fuck IO
>>
>>378117705
>people still not grasping the publisher-developer relationship
How do you browse a gaming enthusiast board and not know this shit.
>>
>>378117592
>blood pools

i want blood splatter and trails too. there's so many little touches you could add to really make this game excel.
>>
>>378117836
>consumers defending the anti-consumer practices because the devs are spineless cunts

Fuck
IO
>>
>>378112947
good, fuck denuvo

fuck online to play sp
>>
>>378117952
>pirates pretending their problems with Denuvo and always online are ethics based and not "WAAAAAH I WANT PLAY GAME NOW!"
>>
>>378117591
>Security guard gets shot for picking up a hammer
>This is considered immersive
>>
>>378118035
>pirates

Nope but keep reaching shill
>>
>>378113257
>They ignored the people giving them feedback

Don't care if the statement is true or not for IO but game companies and executives have always been out of touch with their audience.
>>
>>378113379
>There's a good game buried inside a mountain of trash

The AI was still horrible. Previous Hitman games at least had less insulting AI.

I mean you can basically run in circles around the AI and it gets confused and loses sight of you.
>>
Game felt too scripted.

Like if you wanted to kill someone you had to get the thing from whatever room and then bring it to this other room and put the thing there and this would suddenly activate the target and cause them to go into that room. It felt almost like an adventure game where you had to collect all the pieces and fit them together the right way to progress.

I liked it more when NPCs just did what they did without prompting and the unique kills came more from interrupting that than triggering some flag.
>>
>>378118829
>Previous Hitman games at least had less insulting AI.
Hahahahahahaa
>>
>>378118728
IO are actually pretty good at incorporating feedback, but as Squeenix had them by the balls they still had to ask for the funds to do anything.
>>
>>378112947
>shitman
HAHA I'M DYING I SPAT OUT ALL MY MILK XDDD
>>
>>378118856
So you're saying because you chose to follow the scripted kills everything in the game is too scripted? Did it at any point cross your mind that you could not follow the obvious trail?
>>
>>378118829
Nigga, 2016's AI is the best in the series overall.

If you thought BM's AI was better, then you clearly haven't played BM at a high level. The AI was so easy to exploit there.
>>
>>378113257
>people who had no part in making major decisions deserve to lose their jobs over major decisions
>>
>>378118995
There's nothing terribly obvious about them, unless you're playing with notifications and markers telling you where to go. Moreover, even if you're just planning on shooting or choking someone, you often still need to follow these prescribed checklists to separate the target from the public.

For instance, why do you have to disguise yourself as a bodyguard to initiate the meeting between the target and that other guy in the Paris mission? Why doesn't that meeting simply happen as a matter of course at some point during the mission? Why do you have to go get the cake topper for the birthday party in Bangkok?

It makes the whole thing feel more stilted and less natural. Like nothing ever happens unless 47 is there to set things in motion. It also feels much more restrictive as there's an exact order in which you have to do things for a given outcome. Like I said, it feels contrived like some sort of point and click adventure puzzle.
>>
>>378119679
I agree there should be more ways to initiate some of the events and some of them should happen on their own after enough time has passed. But saying that the scripted stuff is needed is overreacting, good timing and distractions are usually more than enough. Also some of the scripted things work very well and logically, like the fireworks in Paris. Stuff like the birthday cake is shit though.
>>
>>378118829
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZm24lwaYKA
>>
>>378114516
>Besides, it should help your ~immersion~ that you have to wait for new hits. It's not like 47 kills 20 targets a day.

What consumer whore school did you attend? I mean, there's making up excuses due to buyer's remorse and then there's this shit you're pulling.
>>
>>378120353
>>378120353
The fireworks are fine. That's you interrupting an NPCs path. But It's also not very interesting and incredibly easy.

The game is filled with things that should just be happening, but don't because you haven't collected the half dozen different items/disguises necessary to initiate them. It feels more like they designed every single kill intentionally, instead of building a believable framework and scene and allowing the player to find their own way.
>>
>>378120895
>But It's also not very interesting and incredibly easy.
Why does it being easy matter? What would be the right difficulty?
>>
>>378116734
How would you improve on Freedom Fighters, anon? For me, it's
>set in different states/cities
>still the formula of what you do in one level affects the other
>make convoy levels where you set up a crossfire with your revolution buddies with mines and machine gun encampments
>doing these levels leaves other places less guarded
>you can choose some levels but forgo others a la XCOM
>levels are designed to go back and forth in instead of rushing through
>start off in literally where states like iowa or wyoming
>final level is Washington DC
>>
>>378121231
>XCOM + Freedom Fighters in the same post
Why did I never think of these together before? I'd love a Freedom Fighters turn based tactics game.
>>
>>378112947
I'm unironically glad they got fired. Everything about that game was shit. I hope everyone responsible for the piece of garbage are sucking dick for literal cheese sandwiches on the street. I fucking hate video games
>>
>>378121334
Freedom Fighters itself was very similar with XCOM: The Bureau, but I really want the guerrilla third-person shooter against commies back. The level design, with hidden routes you can climb along with verticality, would be pretty hard for turnbased tactics. Maybe a spinoff?
>>
>>378121759
You should kill yourself for saying this.
>>
>>378120895
There someways you can mess with those items plus the AI in smaller ways though.

Take the fireworks for example. They change Novikov and Dalia's routes, but they also force everyone in the garden and on the balconies to look towards the fireworks. This can be useful for certain contracts. Killing Soders in Hokkaido(which doesn't count as a kill) also changes the positionsand routines of various NPCs, which is also useful.

You need to experiment with different things to see just how useful some of those triggers can be for different situations.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.