[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SMTIV:A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: smt4f_10-21-15.jpg (101KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
smt4f_10-21-15.jpg
101KB, 600x338px
Does it have the best battle system in a jrpg ever?
>>
>>378110725
That guy looks edgy as fuck.
>>
File: 1495511161161.png (390KB, 800x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1495511161161.png
390KB, 800x1272px
>>378110725
>tfw I have 200 STR now but I can't stop using magic
>tfw I forgot to turn the difficulty back to War after summoning some shit from the compendium after dying to Lucifuge

Being able to change the difficulty any time was a mistake.
>>
File: SMTImagine_1926.JPG.jpg (28KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
SMTImagine_1926.JPG.jpg
28KB, 350x260px
>>378110725
It's ok. It's the only Megami Tensei game to have a good execution of press turn/one more, but once you get to the endgame it might as well be a standard turn based system. I hope Atlus starts to experiment more.
>>
>>378112254
>as well be a standard turn based system
I do like the ability to pass turns though and gain extra presses by exploiting weakpoints.

Smirk system got a bit better too.
>>
Sell me on it, I'm in the mood for a jrpg anyway.
>>
I think u mean Star Ocean 2, OP
>>
>>378114248
Best gameplay of any SMT games. But, it's recommended to play SMTIV first.
>>
>>378114248
smash a weakness or get a crit = get up to 8 free turns
This also applies to the enemy side.
Basically don't be a dumbass and exploit weaknesses while covering your own.
Buffs have a reason to exist and instant kill attacks actually do something useful
>>
>>378110725
>getting rewarded for hitting the enemy weakness
Wow, Atlus is such a visionary.
>>
It's the most sterile combat in the series since the SNES.
SMT throws a lot of weird bullshit at you and expects you to roll with the punches.

Even IV itself had a bizarre difficulty curve, or enemies that would get a free RNG smirk and kill your entire party.
It was BULLSHIT, but it kept me tense and on guard the whole way through.

Apocalypse never made me feel tense except for having 3 back to back bossfights with no saving or healing in between.

P5 has a more entertaining combat system with knocking enemies/allies to their feet, interesting party member dynamics with the baton passing, Nuclear and Psychic damage allowing you/enemies to combo off of other spells through "technicals".

It finally solved the problem I've had with the mainline series, where I'd enter a fight and talk every single time.
Strange Journey made this so easy because unlike Nocturrlne it wasn't based on RNG dialogue, but then for the final four bosses I was underleveled as shit.
Now if I want to talk to someone in P5, I HAVE to knock everyone down.

P5's combat and dungeons feel more SMT than Apocalypse.
>>
File: 1494621673429.jpg (44KB, 622x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494621673429.jpg
44KB, 622x720px
>Fatlus claims their games can be won on pure strategy alone
>can't opt to beat the game with a full party of level 1s like Bravely Default
>>
>>378115035
apocalypse solved a bunch of shit that other mainline titles never bothered to fix

Sukukaja is not broken anymore, even at -3 enemies will still hit you most of the time. In other games after 1 or 2 sukukajas enemies will not hit you at all.

Salvation curing ailments only under smirk fixed it because it was broken as shit. Now you have to bring someone with me patra and amrita.

Strong abilities like luster candy, debilitate, war cry cost A LOT of mp, so you can't abuse them.

Hama/mudo having their instant kill under smirk was a nice change of pace.

I don't really know how you can call this sterile, considering that party construction with elemental affinities was made really interesting and fun. Keeping a good party together is half the job.
>>
>>378115301
Buffs costing a lot of MP (seriously keeping the balance between MP and HP so you can cast shit and not wipe in 2 hits are a real issue) is nice. Free buffs from partners is just redundant and overpower
>>
>>378115126
>Why can't I do with MY strategy?
>>
>>378115436
honestly what difficulty have you played on? I've played on war and it was one of the most balanced experiences I've ever had in a rpg
>>
File: 1488290347733.png (801KB, 540x610px) Image search: [Google]
1488290347733.png
801KB, 540x610px
>>378111624
>mfw I didn't know difficulty affected compendium prices until I'd already gotten both endings
>>
>>378115551
Supposedly on War affects the prices too and they don't change on Apocalypse.
>>
>>378110725
Probably. It's the best SMT battle system that's for sure, everything is balanced perfectly and all bosses feel unique and threatening because they can fight the buff/debuff/etc war with you.

Look at Stephen, he doesn't have any arbitrary rules outside the normal game mechanics or instant kill attacks but is still one of the hardest superbosses in any game ever.
>>
>>378115126
>strategy=/=cheese
>>
>>378110725
Nope, that's Battle Network.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.