[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have our meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1474128911376.png (7KB, 768x90px) Image search: [Google]
1474128911376.png
7KB, 768x90px
what can we do to stop the blatant farcry 5 shilling that's going on?
this board is literally infested with farcry 5 threads
>>
Shift-click hides threads.
Hide, move on.

They are fueled by attention, attention given by the population of underage retards, flase-flaggers and shitposters on /v/.

Hide, move on.
>>
>>378110285
not an option, kid
>>
>>378110228
It'll stop when the game launches, has denuvo and die down. /v/ had been been through worse.
>>
File: 1495485209652.jpg (12KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
1495485209652.jpg
12KB, 465x465px
>>378110228
We need MORE *Braaaap* posting on /v/!!
>>
>>378110228
I don't get it. Farcry is shit and it's UBISHIT. Any other time nobody would care but now it's politicized so there's people mad and people trying to spite the mad people. So ridiculous, fuck those faggots at Ubisoft for stirring the pot.
>>
>>378110285
You underestiamte autism. People are not mad because they see those threads, people are mad because they exist. This is a safespace for autists, that's why generally everyone who doesn't share the mentality of this echochamber gets shat on. It usually goes so far that people see different opinions as ironic bait because they can not understand the basic concept of opinions. Same with threads about things they don't like. Usually there wouldn't be enough people on /v/ to keep farcry threads alive but through the power of sheer autism and trying to shit on them they actually bump those threads.
>>
>>378110228
Same as always. Stop taking the bait for every thread you see.
>>
>>378110484
If people wanted to truly be meta about /v/, then they'd quickly realise that /v/ has been a literal designated shitposting board for some time now, and while some discussion does still happen you have to sift through heaps upon heaps upon heaps of shit to find it.

The most telling thing about /v/ is the screencaps.

A screencap from /his/ or /k/, for example, with have the funny post screencapped.

A screencap from /v/ or /pol/ will have the post screencapped, with a majority of the image being taken up by reactions to the post.

The difference between boards like /v/ or /pol/ or other boards is that other boards are for talking about stuff, while boards like this are all about tyring to make le next epic screencap.

The board is dominated by people trying to get reactions, rile people up and spam the same shit content constantly in an attempt to get a big drop of (you)s and see their thread posted later in "best of /v/" threads.

That is the /v/ meta, realising that the best way to avoid shitty /v/ content is to stop posting on /v/.
>>
>>378110729
>reddit spacing
Not even gonna boither reading that shit
>>
>>378110228
Get some fucking mods that nuke /pol/acks on sight
>>
>>378110773
The reddit spacing thing is yet another forced meme by an autist who read too much into people typing how they would anywhere else, with natural progression of a typed document using a new line for a new paragraph of sentence.
Doesn't always come out well on 4chan, but the reddit spacing meme is one part of the obsession with that faggy site despite it being common knowledge that a huge chunk of /v/'s regular userbase are probably reddit users.
>>
What is going on with this board lately. Between the bizarre hate boner for Prey, the 24/7 hour "outrages" about Far Cry 5, those bizarre "shitting on every classic old-school game" threads popping up, people genuinely rejocing after the Hitman studio being laid off:
I've seen this board in a really bad shape before, but it was always due to some one individual specific problem - like a big popualar game causing everyone to go into meltdown mode.

Now it's just a weird random slow bubbling of angst and resentment. I've never seen so much impotent, directionless spite here in the many, many years I've wasted on this board. It's getting way out of hands.
>>
>>378110898
it's fucking b a i t
>>
>>378110868
>how they would anywhere else
Too bad this is not 'anywhere else'. Just like you don't call people faggots or niggers or chinks on facebook, you don't double space your paragraphs here. It's not hard to understand.
>>
some years ago we were shitting on niggers
since when niggers are equal to reddit?
i don't mean i like reddit either but shit i prefer to shit on nignog
>>
File: 1495694014276.jpg (165KB, 450x522px) Image search: [Google]
1495694014276.jpg
165KB, 450x522px
>>378111054
If you wish to be a racist fuck go to /pol/ or /r/The_Donald
>>
>>378110898
stale pasta is stale
>>
>>378110974
Except conduct isn't defined by spacing of fucking text, you autist.
4chan is no longer a bubble, everyone fucking knows about it and people from all over the place lurk and post on it.
This is just like anywhere else, the only difference being its anonymous.

What really isn't hard to understand is that retards like you sperging out over """reddit spacing""" and demanding I type a particular way so as not to send you spiralling into a "get out of my sekrit club" rant is exactly what brought those faggots here so they could post and trigger you to hell and back.

Taking /v/ and 4chan as a whole so fucking seriously is what brought all the shitposters, and continuing to do so is what is making them breed like rabbits.

Shift-click, hide faggy threads, problem solved.
>>
>>378111171
how to spot a newfag
>>
File: 1374600965363.png (162KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
1374600965363.png
162KB, 482x600px
>>378110228
>farcry 5 is being shilled by upset /pol/tards
This makes me giggle, but yeah something needs to be done as it's the same thread over and over again.
>>
>>378111220
fuck off
>>
File: 1495750540461.png (4MB, 3800x3510px) Image search: [Google]
1495750540461.png
4MB, 3800x3510px
>>378111307
>>
>>378111245
Theres no shock value in saying "nigger" anymore, most people who still use it in /v/ are people from /pol/
>>
File: 1494179831623.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1494179831623.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>378110228
>pokemon threads everywhere
>people are fed up with it
>/vp/ is made
>generals everywhere
>people are fed up with it
>/vg/ is made
>threads about old games have no chance on /v/
>/vr/ is made
>gaming culture&politics and offtopic discussion everywhere
>OMG WHAT SHOULD WE DO LETS HAVE THE 204524th THREAD ABOUT IT
>>
>>378111542
>Politics threads
>There's 3 whole boards for it
>LET'S GO TO /v/ INSTEAD
>Mods busy eating hotpockets
See the problem?
>>
>>378111509
Thanks language police, but maybe they just want to trigger people like you. Faggot
>>
>>378111220
But then i can't practise my arguing abiout mundane shit skills. If you've been here long enough, you'll know how to differentiate between a good and a bad thread.
>What really isn't hard to understand is that retards like you sperging out over """reddit spacing""" and demanding I type a particular way so as not to send you spiralling into a "get out of my sekrit club" rant is exactly what brought those faggots here so they could post and trigger you to hell and back.
It's because we've been lax with the lurk moars that this site is falling out. or maybe the influx of new is too much it can't be contained. as much as i love /pol/ as a board, i'd trade having Hillary as a president over /pol/ having this much influence and being the gateway into 4chan.
>>
>>378111171
>hello i'm new and i don't like how the people in 4chinz is racist
>>
File: 3r362394673.png (2MB, 1888x3748px) Image search: [Google]
3r362394673.png
2MB, 1888x3748px
>>378111220
If you're not willing to adapt to this site's culture, conduct and whatnot, you should fuck off back to where you come from.
People like you are just like the muslim immigrants, and no I don't browse /pol/. The analogy simply fits the situation.
You would know if you had been here 10 years ago.
>>
>>378111621
>implying politics is /v/'s only problem
All the tertiary shit has to go. A dedicated board for that kinda shit would fix a fuckton of problems.
>>
File: 1436045304391.png (173KB, 464x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436045304391.png
173KB, 464x225px
>>378110898
Le spicy meatball
>>
>>378111431
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELETE THIS RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>378111674
>influence

It's a fucking image board.
Shift-click to hide shit you don't like.
>>378111837
>board culture

4chan is no fucking different to anywhere else.
It isn't the hayday anymore.
People here don't remember days before catalogues, they don't remember days before hirmoot, they don't even remember shit as recent as Chris-Chan anymore.
4chan is known to fucking everyone, and /pol/ was the only real "notorious" place, and then they made themselves accessible through spamming of kek and pepe and all that shite.

What is REALLY happening here is that all the kids who had access to internet at a much younger age than all of us did are hitting puberty, getting older, and are being targeted by politicians more and more. Thusly, they become more aware of political tropes, issues and situations, and that bleeds into 4chan which they use all the time.

They all want to be the next epic post, and there's no way to effectively stop this.
We can't go back in time to when 4chan was clunky and awkward and still a weird place that normal people avoided, but why would 4chan's owners try and limit their userbase?
It's a pity, but it's how it is and denying it is stupid.
>>
>>378111220
>Taking /v/ and 4chan as a whole so fucking seriously is what brought all the shitposters
Except that less newfag-frienldy boards are still doing way better than shitheaps like /v/
>>
>>378112083
You mean the niche boards which aren't about things so widely discussed by the average twat?

Why do you think VIDEO GAMES and POLITICS are so popular? What absolutely dominates internet discussion right now?

The reason boards like /k/ or /his/ or some of the more obscure ones do fine isn't because they are unfriendly to newfags, it's because people don't bother with them.

Facebook is dominated by video games and politics.
Twitter is the same.
Tumblr is the same.
Reddit is the same.
Every popular site will always pander to video games, or to politics, or to both.

Thinking that just telling people who are new to fuck off will change that isn't just retarded, it's absolute fantasy.
>>
>>378112272
> just telling people who are new to fuck off will change that
except this used to work, but people simply stopped.
>>
>>378112351
That was back when people still had a level of reservation for 4chan when the traffic wasn't quite so high.
In the past few years, traffic has absolutely spiked when people realised that one anonymous faggot or 10 anonymous faggots telling you to stop posting couldn't actually make you stop posting unless you are breaking the rules.

Then people figured out that an easy way to rile people up is to ACT like the newfags that people hate, or to post opinions known to be unpopular.

A couple years of this, and here we are.
>>
>>378112351
well it doesn't anymore. and nobody knows how to fix this
>>
>>378112272
>>378112445
>>378112506
Except shit like anime is widely popular with the millenial crowd, yet /a/ still manages to maintain some level of quality (although arguably diminished). Telling obvious newfags to fuck off/lurk more still does work, if it's done consistently
>>
Do a demographic survey
>>
File: 1407165689741.png (93KB, 339x261px) Image search: [Google]
1407165689741.png
93KB, 339x261px
>>378110228
>blatant farcry 5 shilling that's going on
Huh? I barely even notice them. The most active marketing I've seen on /v/ is probably from around 09 to 14.
Either way, just ignore it. Not much you can do about it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.