[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games that fuck with the player mentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png (252KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png
252KB, 300x367px
ITT: games that fuck with the player mentally
>>
The loading screen messages and how they changed throughout the campaign was a nice touch
>>
Pic unrelated
>>
>>378108736
Real life
>>
>Forces you to kill people to proceed
>"LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!1!!!"
>>
Eternal Darkness.
>>
>>378108736
The only mental fuckery in that game is wondering if the people who praise it are really that deluded or just fell for the marketing campaign.
>>
>>378108736
Literally to deep for me bruh
It was amazing 10/11
>>
>>378108736
Bloodborne fucked with me mentally for awhile. That lovecraftian shit. Great game, but I don't think I have the fortitude to sit through it.
>>
>>378108736

>Force the player to do stuff
>YOU COULD HAVE TURNED THE GAME OFF AT ANY TIME YOU MONSTER

Fuckin' retarded.
>>
t. People who didn't read Heart of Darkness
>>
>>378108736
>not "ITT: games that /v/ will be eternally assblasted about regardless of whether or not they understand it"
>>
>>378110040
>literally just "lol 2deep4u?" in more words
>>
Games that fuck with the players anger
>>
>>378108736
Picture extremely unrelated then, it was a shitfest.
>>
>>378109928
>never play it
>i'm actually the good guy because of that

get fucked, devs
>>
File: .png (2KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
.png
2KB, 1152x648px
EVERY SPEC OPS THREAD IS A BAIT THREAD AND EVERYONE RESPONDING TO THEM IS A BAITING FRESHMAN YEAR PHILOSOPHY CIRCLEJERKER

INCLUDING ME
>>
File: ApocNow.jpg (57KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
ApocNow.jpg
57KB, 600x403px
If SOtL managed to "fuck with you" in any way, it must have been literally your first encounter with any "horror of war/heart of darkness"-narrative.

Past the gimmick of talking shit at its player for playing it, it was an unremarkable cover shooter that would have made no ripples with an actually mature audience.
>>
>>378109246
You proceeded, anon. You could've just stopped.
>>
>>378109246
>>378109928
Missed the point.

The game is just telling a story of a man going off the rails in first person, not literally you going off the rails.

People who think the message was "look at what you did" are reading too deep into it.
>>
>>378110418

Exactly, it's just magnifying the horrors of war, there's no real mental trade-off moreso than, say, a Far Cry 3.
>>
>>378110373
yeah this just don't buy the game, that's what the dev wanted with this artistic statement about videogames and violence
>>
>>378108736

Eternal Darkness.

>playing home alone at like 3 am
>exploring the mansion
>sporadic knocking on doors already has me on edge
>examine the bathtub

FUCK that shit.
>>
>>378110373
>You could've just stopped.

Lol, so going by that, literally every game in existence is a thought provoking, consequence conveying work of philosophical art just because you can choose to not press buttons?

And here I was thinking Super Mario is just a platformer, when in fact it's an illusion-of-freedom-and-paradox-of-choices type of game, silly me.
>>
>>378110418
This t b h
>>
>>378109246
You know they're talking about Walker right?

The fact that you mistook it for Te game addressing the player says a lot more about you than the game
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.