[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what makes this game a whole lot better than the Persona series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 81o3K0OoYFL.jpg (276KB, 870x1000px) Image search: [Google]
81o3K0OoYFL.jpg
276KB, 870x1000px
what makes this game a whole lot better than the Persona series?
>>
nothing
>>
>>378103905
It is not as pretentious.
>>
>>378103905
Setting, story, gameplay.
>>
better ''social links'' and school setting.
>>
Cold Steel II is probably the weakest game in the series, but it's still pretty good.
>>
>>378105935
CS social links ruined the game.
>>
It actually has an overworld map.
>>
Nothing, game is intense weebshit
I'm only in it to finish the story that is Sen no Kiseki at this point
>>
Likely the action and the pacing, the social link style bonding moments are much shorter easier to invoke and just a small breather between action sequences that don't force your pace.
Combat is intuitive and very strategic with how arts and crafts can be used and the party as a whole has good synergy meaning when the plot saddles you with a character you can't drop they usually can still work into preferred plans and set ups. The plot while much more straight forward makes what I feel to be better use of characters and the actual setting beyond maybe a simple gimmick.
Also fantasy World War I Germany beats out modern world with a twist almost everytime
>>
I have never played persona but tried first cole steel and had the most boring experience in a while, fuck that high school garbage
>>
Less school life bullshit, more adventuring.
>>
>>378103905
Cold Steel fails as a Trails game because they went for the Persona audience, and as a Persona game it's below average. Honestly nothing but a blunder.
>>
>>378106812
>Trails pacing
>not the absolute worst
>>
>>378103905
Nothing. The writing is shit, the gameplay has zero depth, and the story and settings makes progressively less sense as the publisher decided to skip 2 monumental entries in the series. Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>378103905
Sadly it's not as good as Persona, it's very text-heavy without being that much intersting.
>>
>>378107620
>implying FC is not one of the best paced games ever
>>
>>378106812
Literally nothing of this actually pans out though, the writing is beyond terrible, the Not!Social Links are shallow as fuck and might as well not be there, the combat is so broken it's actually easier than even P4G, the pacing is slightly better than some Persona games but it's still godawful pacing (Act 2 in particular) and the setting in the series WAS GOAT until the CS arc where instead of seeing Erebonia, the imperialistic militaristic nation experiencing a class war we saw Erebonia, a generic fantasy land from a generic fantasy anime/LN (with a couple of namedrops that tie it all in to the rest of the series)
>>
>>378107790
>makes progressively less sense as the publisher decided to skip 2 monumental entries in the series
That's not the issue at all, the story in CS2 makes no sense just because it makes no sense, it's poorly written and insanely contrived
>>
Nothing. It's kinda like those mid-tier jRPGs that were released during the SNES / PS1 era, so some people get nostalgia value out of it, but it's pretty boring for the reasons >>378107790 lays out.
>>
>>378103905
I like both. I'd probably say personas a bit better but there are both my kind of weebshit.
>>
playable cakes
>>
>>378103905
Jusis, I guess

The false flagging has been getting worse these days
>>
i have both of these games on my vita. (pirated). never played them. should i?
>>
>>378103905
According to who? Trailsfags shit on CS all the time, Personafags don't even know it exists and critics gave it lower than P4 and P5.
>>
Trails is so fucking overhyped its unbelievable. I enjoy the games but like fuck if they're as good as any of the classic jrpgs they strive to be like. At least persona is happy to be its own thing, as derivative of 3 as it is at this point.
>>
>>378108450
Maybe they will reinvent Persona now that the guy who reinvented Persona with the 3rd game left to work on Re Fantasy.
>>
>Trails
>has actual fields,dungeons,towns
>better world building
>better writting for story
>tons of playable characters
>good release pacing

>Persona
>better character interactions
>better writting for characters
>stylish GUI
>bad release pacing
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.