[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Emblem Echoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
How are you liking it?
Who's your best unit?

My Leon is MVP by a landslide.
>>
How hard is Inner Sanctum compared to Astral Temple? I want to grind my units, but the 2nd EXP DLC map is really brutal.
>>
File: 1456971794434.png (170KB, 490x355px) Image search: [Google]
1456971794434.png
170KB, 490x355px
>tfw "SPIRITS OF THE EARTH, HEED MY CALL"
>>
What if Intelligent Systems made a fire emblem game that is completely different from how you normally play?
> Exp no longer matters, you get stronger the more you augment your characters to how you choose through equipment you buy or find and skills you perfect.
> enemy drops are more frequent, more likely you get the entire enemies loot after defeating them giving you enough loot to sell off or use.
> have to keep track of stamina, when stamina reaches certain levels, it will affect them negatively through rates the more they continue to fights (something like stimulants or energy items can help replenish it, however, supplies are limited and the more you attempt to use the items, the lesser you regain energy back), if your stamina reaches bottom levels, your speed is greatly impeded as well as the ability to attack and connect as well as the amount of power into attacks.
> Prolonging the battle will only makes things worse as reinforcements will come in swarms and you get no exp. Fatigue will come and stamina will only come back at worse rates if you choose to abuse energy items or prolong the battle too long.
> Promotions will be based on how far your master of progress is regarding skills and powers you use in battle. Once you perfect a skill or mastery, you can promote any time as long as it is not during battle.
> Time is crucial, there is practice training among characters to master their skills but the duration is limited as the story will eventually force you to act , so use time wisely.
This removes the tedious random growth rates, puts actual strategy to try and finish the battle as quickly as possible. You get better rewards and equipment as well as discernable pathways to having certain skills and their effectiveness. What do you think?
>>
File: really dog.jpg (401KB, 1328x744px) Image search: [Google]
really dog.jpg
401KB, 1328x744px
I guess I'm recruiting Sonya this playthrough.
>>
>>378101561
Response to this: "what will we do without exp meter and how will we be able to master without some meter?"
>Through periods of training, it is unlikely you get stronger right in the middle of battle realistically. Mages will have to further their magic through studies. It is not likely you would perfect a skill during battle so you must create a sort of simulation during training period or hire a tutor to help you master a skill over time. But time is crucial so balance is key. You can still use unmastered skills during battle but less effective in damage, etc. Hence, time periods are crucial. You are technically not learning things instantly as time goes on. But you can definitely choose the skills you wish to learn and master over the time period.
>>
>>378101561
>I don't want to play Fire Emblem
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.png (77KB, 196x253px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.png
77KB, 196x253px
>Mathilda is godlike Gold Knight
>Zeke is godlike Gold Knight
>Conrad is godlike Gold Knight
>Clive is over in the corner doing chip damage
>>
>>378101571
u can split up the groups. abuse the supplies platform and its really easy
>>
Is there anything cut or censored in Echoes?
>>
>>378102342
Characters being able to drink alcohol but it was cut from all versions, Japanese included.
>>
File: sample_.jpg (12KB, 160x229px) Image search: [Google]
sample_.jpg
12KB, 160x229px
>>378101571
>Sonya attacks Celica, she hurts Celica badly
>Some witch kills Leon
>oops
>Uses turnwheel to last player phase
>Moves Leon
>This time Sonya crits Celica
>Game over

>MFFW
>>
i despise the dungeon crawling with every fiber of my being, but i'm loving everything else
>>
>Miss two 60% hits
>Turnwheel to try again
>Miss again
>Turnwheel again
>Miss again

I know the turnwheel changes hit RNG because it's worked before but this happens way more often than is statistically sound. What the heck, man. It almost feels like it places a modifier on previous rolls but doesn't reroll completely.
>>
who should I use the pitchfork on? Do all characters keep their color palettes when they reclass?
>>
>>378103119
I actually really like it, it's a nice change of pace.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 412x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 412x441px
>promote Alm
>can now use bows

Someone's getting a killer bow!
>>
>>378102593
What do you do with the alcohol then?
>>
>>378105495
You can sacrifice it at Mila's shrines to completely restore everyone's fatigue.
>>
File: 20170525_203222[1].jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_203222[1].jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>tfw all your preparations are for nothing because Celica just ends it in one shot with a crit
It's a good feel.
>>
>>378101082

>Downloaded it few days after Fates
>Every character levels up pretty fast
>With every level i get +1 in some shitty stat most of the times
>Have it on Hard and Veteran and so far in Act 2 its pretty medicore difficulty and the only reason i start the mission over is when my characters get killed because of fucking crit chances
<Story is so japanese i domt care about it nymore
>>
>>378105592
You can do that with any food item, even garbage like drinking water or bread pieces. I just sell the alcohol, it yields more silvers than regular food.
>>
>>378105840
Sure, but you get a lot of leftover ale that isn't good for anything other than sacrificing or selling.
Even the shitty food can be used to heal a bit.
>>
>>378105840
Where do you sell stuff?
>>
File: FE_Echoes_Genny.png (33KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
FE_Echoes_Genny.png
33KB, 256x256px
>Polite
>Cute
>Literally never misses anything I send her on
>Has Invoke and when paired with Celica is a walking phantom spawner and a healer and if she gets hit by the odd attack can usually heal herself with Nosferatu in the counter attack meaning if you keep her out of range or snipers and distance attacks she pretty much can never die.
>Is very cute.

Is there literally any girl better than Genny?
>>
>>378105951
Blacksmiths.
>>
File: 4Koma_Selkie.png (224KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
4Koma_Selkie.png
224KB, 400x480px
>>378106072
/ourgal/
>>
>>378106181
>filename
what
>>
>>378101082
For Alm's route it's probably Alm himself, with Matilda and Delthea following. Also Faye and Silque have tremendous utility together with Warp + Rescue shenanigans.

For Celica's route it's harder to say. Saber is my best dread fighter which should say enough, but Leon is godly because Killer Bow and Bow Knights being crazy good. However, Sonya has the highest attack of anyone in both armies and shits out damage against pretty much anything with a particular sword that I've been experimenting with.
>>
File: 4Koma_Selkie.png (1MB, 929x1355px) Image search: [Google]
4Koma_Selkie.png
1MB, 929x1355px
>>378106249
>>378106249
>>
File: IMG_0955.png (3MB, 902x3144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0955.png
3MB, 902x3144px
>>378106072
Yeah, Silque.
>>
>>378105274
>missing out on Double Lion

>>378106072
Arguably Silque. Yeah she doesn't get Physic, but she more than makes up for it with Warp and a vastly better Invoke.
>>
>>378101082
I'm still pretty early in the game, but so far....
>Alm side
Kliff (Mage). Jesus fuck he hits hard because pretty much no enemies on Alms side so far have high res, he crits a lot more than he should, and his Def and Spd aren't half bad either.
>Celica side
Celica. She's hilariously stronger than the rest of the team in almost every way despite being one of the lower levels.

Speaking of early game:
>Recruit people on Celica's route
>Go to the the dungeon near the temple of Mila
>3 people leave because we didn't go where they wanted me to.
>Oh, OK
>Try to do the dungeon anyway
>Do ok until "dude, 4 necrodragons, lol"
>Back out and go to the temple
>"Dude Gargoyles, Lol"
I get the slightest feeling I'm doing something wrong.
>>
>>378107073
Yeah, go east and do Grieth's shit first.
>>
I'm stuck at Duma's Tower. What is with the gigantic difficulty spike here?
>>
File: marf.png (318KB, 1046x925px) Image search: [Google]
marf.png
318KB, 1046x925px
>>378102093
Do you have the "let's suppose for a second I really am Camus" picture?

I'll trade you this for it.
>>
>>378106658
>not knowing what Hunter's Volley does

It's an art that hits twice with increased might, hit rate, and crit rate. It's why the killer bow is so fucking good.
>>
File: 1484855146611.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484855146611.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>378107328
Not him, but I have it.
>>
File: 1480398677718.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480398677718.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>Have to fight terrors every god damn time you want to visit the blacksmith during act 3
>Desert maps with shit ton of archers/snipers and arcanists
>Poison swamps with gargoyle summoning cantors after that

Suddenly I'm understanding why they flood you with mercenaries in Celica's route
>>
tfw Celica is voiced by futaba is
>>
>>378101082
Suck my unit.

Still haven't bought it.
Still playing Birthright.
>>
>>378107343
Double Lion, on top of adding more flat damage, runs off of the Royal Sword having higher stats aside from crit, which is still decent. Simply put, Double Lion is more reliable. Royal Sword also gives him Recovery as well as Scendscale.
>>
>>378107994
M8, it don't matter when you got 40-50% crit chance. That and 3 range is a hell of a lot better than 1.

Why are we even arguing about this? Alm is a convoy unit, which means we can have both.
>>
>>378106072
She's super cute.
>>
so the overclass altars just hit storefront, how are they?
>>
File: say ur fucking prayers YHVH.jpg (75KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
say ur fucking prayers YHVH.jpg
75KB, 500x531px
>go to altar of the king
>it honors a great conqueror who rejected heaven
>>
>YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE THE LAST ZOFIAN ROYAL AND TO HAVE THE BURDEN TO SAVE THE COUNTRY
>Her brother is literally standing beside her
>Alm already repelled the invasion

Why are all of Gaiden's women so painfully incompetent besides Mae?
>>
>overclass several of my units
>there are enemies breaking level 40 all of a sudden
guess there is no level cap on overclassed units
>>
>>378104797
lukas is still red, so seems so
>>
>Fight a witch
>Try to hit her
>*It was a hologram*
>*Teleports behind you*
>*Crits low res paladin*
>"Ehe, nothing personell, Alm"
>*Gets healed*
Fuck magic.
>>
>>378104797
>Do all characters keep their color palettes when they reclass?

Yes, even in villager clothes they have their colour scheme. Villager Palla a cute.
>>
>how far into it
Begging Chapter 4

>Best units
On Alm side Python and Saint Faye
On Celica side Saber and Mae
>>
>>378101082
>How are you liking it?

It's way better than Gaiden, though enemies on Hard get really tanky in Chapter 4. It makes dungeon crawling tedious.

>Who's your best unit?

DF Gray, Sage Tobin, Bow Knight Kliff, Zeke and Mathilda on Alm's route.

Literally most of Celica's team is godly, even the weaker ones like Jesse are good when promoted. The only bad one is Boey.
>>
>>378101082
>hard classic
>i don't want to lose any units
>map almost done just need to take care of the last archer in the distance
>python should put it to 0
>miss
>miss
>enemy hits critical
>Python dies
>>
>>378115991
Just use the turnwheel. Situations like that are practically what it was invented for.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.