[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v think of destiny 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 36

File: descarga.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
What does /v think of destiny 2?
>>
>>378099360
I think the dev's focus isn't on the right things and I doubt that it'll be improved much from Destiny 1. I would have liked more character customization, both in creation and in a greater variety of end game gear, but I doubt they've put much into that. Watching the gameplay reveal event left me not feeling great about it. I like some of the stuff tho, two primaries, clan matchmaking, etc.
>>
>>378099360
I'll try it because it's in my battlecuk.net launcher.
>>
>>378099360
It really brings to light all the aspects of Destiny I was trying to ignore.

How we came expecting Halo and really only got a little bit of "gunplay", as they call it, that kinda feels like Halo.

How it doesn't take itself seriously except in the out of game Grimoire, which they have now removed entirely rather than just making it accessible in game.

How everything is too bright and colorful for a story about a disparate and desperate people coming together to survive and rebuild. The scavenged gear should more closely match the aesthetics of the enemy types and locations, and the manufactured gear should not include the weird hammer forged shit the Iron Lords and their contemporaries use (OR the aesthetic should be ENTIRELY space knight that works with space magic). I just feel like they couldn't decide how many styles to prune and ended up with far too much juxtaposition of clashing elements, especially when set against the grand and awe inspiring backdrops and architecture. Bright pastel tron shit should be reserved for a manufacturer jokingly posturing as hip.

How they didn't make characters and plot for the first one and when they heard we kind of liked Taken King because it had a bit of character they completely misinterpreted what was good about it and ran away with it. And Cayde-6 used to be my favorite (only) character in Destiny but now they've cranked his whimsy up to 11 and I'm sick of hearing his fucking voice. I swear if I hear Nathan Fillion make another quip I'm going to kill myself. Not to mention Ghost is quipping at a mile a minute and if I have to use the word quip much more in this post I don't know what I'll do.

And what the fuck is up with nothing transferring from the first game, not even purely aesthetic things? Not even emotes? Are they that desperate to squeeze more microtransactions out of people?

AND WHY HAVEN'T THEY REVEALED A FOURTH ELEMENT OF LIGHT POWERS YET? WHERE ARE MY ICE TITANS?
>>
>>378100630
Ice titans sound cool af
>>
>>378099360
Scam 2
>>
>>378099360
Might be ok. I think they might have addressed my issues with the first game.

Fixes:
There seems to be more content than vanilla Destiny, the story mode now actually has a narrative, supers equalized in favor of a diversified 3rd ability slot, less twitch based PvP, shit to actually do in the gameworld, better loadout customization, matchmaking, clan integration.

Stuff I'm worried about:
Season pass already, microtransactions still might return, grimoire card replacement still not confirmed, new patrol features might be as shallow as original public events.

At worst I'll just buy the eventual final collection if it is just the same stuff as the first.
>>
>>378099360
I was excited at first but then I watched some videos and... It's just Destiny 1 with a lick of paint.

It'll be the same grindy skinner box. Only four small areas that are barely worth exploring. Missions designed to be repeated until you can play them in your sleep. I just can't be fucked to go through the same shit all over again.
>>
Got to go to the event, only got to try multiplayer as strikes were a super long line where the "bigger" sites were getting pushed to the front of the line. I said hey to jeff gerstmann though. The multiplayer was basically Search and destroy/counter strike. attackers v defenders, two bomb points.

Gunplay felt pretttty damn close to the original, only real difference I noticed was in that instead of primary/secondary you have kinetic/energy weapons, so you can have like, a handcannon and an auto rifle if they're the right ammo types.

The new abilities were helpful too.
>>
>>378099360
Excited but cautious. No dedicated servers for PC sucks though
>>
>>378099360
seriously looks like DLC. dont see "2" about it.
>>
I never played the first game but from what I've read about it it seems like they decided to go with a bandaid solution to a lot of their problems instead of doing anything to fix them. Like they won't offer dedicated servers so instead they're going to reduce the multiplayer from 12 players to 8 in hopes there are 4 less people to fuck up your connection. And it seems really disappointing that they aren't going to add new classes or anything and they're relegating actually cool weapons like snipers and rockets to their own special weapon slot so you'll only be able to use them once in a blue moon.

>>378100391
Oh yeah. I'd probably play a destiny monster in heroes of the storm.
>>
>>378103369
>actually cool
you mean weapons that absolutely demolish a game's balance and force everyone else to conform to one specific playstyle else they're fucked forever?
look at counter strike or call of duty or battlefield. If you don't know how to snipe you are literally at a disadvantage 100% of the time. in destiny, it helps, but fuck it if you don't know how, it isn't a big deal. just give someone else the heavy ammo.

I don't know why everyone's bitching about dedicated servers, the game has been handled as an MMO from day 1 and there was never any chance of them being added. Would it be nice? Yes. But there was less than 0% chance of it happening. It's like saying "why doesn't wow have dedicated servers".
>>
First game was trash and dropping more cash on dlc for a $60 barebones fps is beyond illogical
Also the sequel is gonna be just as bad since Bungie is literally rushing these out so Activision wont take over their company
>>
>>378103616
I thought most of the game was co-op grinding for gear like Warframe and I don't understand how it makes a big deal to use a rocket that's going to kill a bunch of dudes at once instead of a grenade since one is just easier to aim. If it's really so gamebreaking you could just have snipers and stuff really effective at hitting some weak points and regular weapons effective at hitting others.
>>
>>378104145
99% of the game is the PVP. It affords you the next-to-best-in-slot gear, beaten only by raids which you're communicating with a pre-built team for anyway. Once you hit the regular game's level cap, you were grinding for light level in PVP. No one ever did strikes except for weekly.
>>
>>378104507
Oh. Well then they really should get actual servers or something. Nothing is worse than when you have people sliding around and killing you after you see youself shoot them like 30 times.
>>
>>378099360
>blizzard app
Into the trash
>>
>>378104870
That's just it, 99% of people don't have issues. people whine about dedicated servers for every fucking thing. Don't use wi-fi and it's not an issue. I highly doubt there will be any fuckups, especially on the PC version.
It's like on call of duty, it does just dandy and has done just dandy, without dedicated servers, on consoles for years. The biggest deal I can imagine that will come with destiny 2 on pc is the lack of it being on steam. Most people have the blizzard launcher for one of it's games at this point, it's pretty spread out, but still. Steam is the big dog, and not having it on there will be interesting. battlefield 1 got pretty shit on on pc.
>>
>>378099360
Trash just like destiny.
>>
>>378105084
Not being on steam is a huge deal. I already have one rootkit/spyware/soft-DRM installed on my computer and most people aren't keen on getting another one when it gives you access to all of 5 games. It's an especially tough sell when the first game had a reputation for releasing with hardly any content and tons of cut content from the previews.
>>
File: helmet.jpg (279KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
279KB, 1024x1024px
>>378099360
Well, the original box art has the Hunter's helmet on backwards. Kind of foreshadowed how shit Destiny was out the gate.

I learned my lesson, I'm waiting a year and then I'll look into buying it.
>>
File: 1470754263291.jpg (144KB, 817x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1470754263291.jpg
144KB, 817x1019px
>>378099360
Releasing on battle.net is going to save PC gaming

ActivisionBlizzard are going to crack open the market and break down Valve, ruining Valves monopoly and bettering the market for consumers

Didnt bother getting #1 on console, but I'll get #2 on PC to support the true lord and savior, Metzen
>>
>>378105430
No anon, you're retarded. Those are the details on the back of the helmet. Not a visor.
>>
I can't wait. Switching over to Titan unless the last two Warlock subclasses are as good as Dawnblade.
>>
>>378105402
Yeah, in terms of like purely launch problems I see the lack of steam being a big deal. I don't know why they would put CoD on steam but not destiny. Just seems stupid. That'll be their loss though. And as for content, yeah I have no hopes for it being content-filled at launch. It'll probably be a handful of strikes, and one raid just like the original's launch. Especially since we know there's another playstation contract.

My biggest hopes are that the LFG feature they announced works as it has been said it does, by general light level and skill, and doesn't just randomly pair you. I'd like to do raids because it was nearly fucking impossible for me to do raids. I did each raid like three times in the first game becausei t's such a god damned chore to get 5 people together who want to play with me.
>>
>>378103616
>It's like saying "why doesn't wow have dedicated servers"

WoW does have dedicated servers.
>>
>>378099360
I'd have a better opinion if they would do the beta already. Otherwise it's currently "a slightly better looking Destiny 1".
>>
>>378105651
Why have the hood down on the cloak then? Those types of cloaks didn't exist until they were added in. Hunter's are known for hooded cloaks.

Details added to the back of the head that no helmets have now in game.
>>
>>378105731
I'm sure LFG will give tons of people the chance to play more stuff. I think it's absolutely nuts that in the modern era they force you to use a 3rd party site to put groups together. Even games without an explicit group finder would have in-game means to find other people.
>>
>>378105508
>monopoly

stop parroting this retarded fucking meme
>>
>>378099360
Certainly feeling bummed that it is a legit sequel instead of just being a continuation where you got to keep all your progress and all the stuff you've earned. When they pitched the game all those years ago this isn't exactly how I imagined it going down and I have a feeling that it wasn't what they planned either.
>>
Had a lot of fun with Destiny 1 but have moved on to PC gaming and never looked back. Now that it's coming to PC I'm a tually really excited. 60fps, mouse and keyboard, fov slider, text chat.... It's going to be tight.

This and the fact that Ave Combat 7 is coming to PC is the reason I haven't touched my PS4 in like 2 years.
>>
>>378101591
The DLC has already been confirmed to be about Osiris and the Warmind which I'm cautiously hopeful for. As bad as it sounds, the one thing Destiny 1 got right was the addons; although I'm not defending the fact that the game needed expansions to be good (the base game should've been TTK levels of good).
>>378100630
The reason they got rid of Grimoire is because there's actually gonna be a story in the base game lmao.
>>
Not happy about how little they are changing with the classes. ONE new ability per class, not affected by subclasses, with only 2 branch points. Literal reashing of grenades and melee, 6 of the subclasses are staying the same with minor changes aka Golden Gun has a few new things to make it less shit and FistS of Havoc has multiple uses and a shoulder charge.

I wanted ATLEAST 2 new abilities, we get one but not having another button press cooldown is a bit lame.
>>
>>378106042
They have an effective monopoly on the market

over 50% of the market share is an effective monopoly
>>
>>378105913
But hunter helmets do have details on the back, the literal first cloak you get is just a scarf silly. You think they only modeled half the helmet?
>>
Beta key please
>>
Hopefully the influx of PC gamers will change the manner of shitposting on /dg for the better - all that gayfaggatory and boipussy crap got kidna annoying
>>
>>378102893
I get where you're coming from but come on
>Revamped subclasses so it's more based on what you want to play rather than what's the most useful (I'm specifically talking about class abilities).
>Complete overhaul on the weapons system, not to mention new weapons.
>New, larger public zones.
>Lost sectors (honestly the thing I'm the most looking forward to because I do like patrolling).
Like I know what you mean, but why would they change the art style and gunplay, they were honestly Destiny 1's strong points.
>>
>>378103369
If they don't bring out Atheon for HotS I'll be slightly upset (It'll probably be Ghaul desu).
>>
>>378106252
you have no fucking idea what a monopoly is, you parrot this shit over and over. you can buy video games from uplay, origin, gog, drm free, as well as buying steam keys from legit sources other than valve. the only "monopoly" is you and the rest of the retards self imposed on yourselves by wanting all your games in one place. you have memed origin and uplay so hard over the past decade that they could offer games 99% off and you faggots go "not on steam don't want it." you created "the monopoly" yourself by utterly refusing to buy games anywhere else.
>>
>>378106447

Spaceship combat would've sealed the 2 in the title.
>>
>>378106542
Oh okay, so my Econ Major/Biz Minor is worthless because you're definition of monopoly differs from mine

Okay
>>
>>378106220
Yeah, I'm not worried about the actual content of DLC, just the pricing. Bungie has already proven to me that they make good supplementary content, it's just whether or not these updates deserve a dlc pricing structure, especially when they still have stuff like microtransactions (which I hope they took a page from Blizzards books and made them earnable).

I'm hyped about the lore implications for Osiris and Rasputin. No question about it.
>>
>>378100630
Considering space elements, Ice would be a pretty based power to go with.
>>
>>378106226
>>378100630
>Do the raid
>The traveller starts being repaired
>The traveller comes back to life
>Gives another subclass
I wish.
>>
>>378106631
monopoly means sole supplier. there is more than platform, but you refuse to use them. its your own damn fault, you made your bed now lie in it.
>>
>>378099360
I'm excited for it but the gameplay presentation was garbage. The new patrol features they talked about like adventures and lost sectors are what's going to actually separate D2 from D1 but they had to show a lame scripted story mission instead of that because the first thing everyone complains about with regard to Destiny is the lack of story.

Watching videos of PvP and the strike got me excited. They're not fucking with the core gameplay because they don't need to. I really just wanted more Destiny and that's what this is.
>>
>>378106667
That's what made me happy about AoT, being able to earn literally every piece of purchasable content (albeit very slow).
>>
>>378106836
>monopoly means sole supplier.

>They have an effective monopoly on the market

Can you at least get your fucking 8th grade comprehension certificate before trying to make posts on this website you fucking retard

And no, it doesnt mean "sole supplier"
fucking retard
>>
>>378099360
I'm getting it to play with friends and eventually raid with them. Don't know much about Destiny besides it kinda being like Warframe but in first person perspective and more focused on MMO elements rather than grinding for grinding's sake like Warframe is.
>>
>>378106956
I mean, D1 is very grindy, but getting the perfect roll for gear is pretty sweet, especially when you use it to dominate PvP.
>>
File: 1488647938142.jpg (41KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1488647938142.jpg
41KB, 600x615px
I played the shit out of Destiny 1 up until TTK; After that I didn't wanna pour more money in to it. i(ve seen what the game had to offer essentially and I had enough.
That being said, I love the design and look of the game and will definitely buy Destiny 2 probably not day 1 but I'll buy it nonetheless.
>>
>>378106948
>They have an effective monopoly on the market

ONLY THE ONE YOU SELF IMPOSE ON YOURSELF
you can buy games from a variety of platforms and use them but you don't then you meme MUH MONOPOLY MUH MONOPOLY

stop going in circles.
>>
The way they talked about catering to all types of players, like if your solo and emphasizing an effort to help people make communities within the game interests me. It's something I really like in games and I never really see devs do it all that well or at all.
>>
Am I the only one happy that there aren't more elements? I mean it sounds cool, but I would rather bungie diversify the current subclasses; rather than making classes overlap more than they already do. It'll just end up being the same stuff copy and pasted with a different color and different particle effects. I'm already upset we only got 1 new ability slot with a cool down.
Of course I wouldn't mind if they surprised us with a new one, I just hope it would be done right.
>>
>>378107083
Im not imposing shit on myself you retard, your strawman bullshit wont work here

Go read a fucking book, holy shit
>>
The first one was a flop compared to the amount of hype and marketing dumped into it and now people here of all places are actually excited about the 2nd one? Unreal.
>>
>>378106770
They will sell another subclass/element in TTK 2.0

Its weird they didn't add one in the base game, but hey it only launches with one raid again.
>>
>>378107093
Yeah the new clan system looks pretty sweet, especially with the fact that D1 had no matchmaking system for raids and NF which was pretty abysmal if your friends weren't online.
>>378107112
Yes and no, I want another subclass but I don't want it to just be thrown in randomly like "lol cayde just discovered a new element to use" or "here's this element that we've never even once mentioned".
>>
>>378107278
Launching with one raid is a bit shit but I hope the lost sectors and better strikes can supplement.
>>
I haven't played the first but as the second comes to PC I might pick it up. Can't say I like the design of it, seems childish and lacks immersion, but the gameplay seems like a cross between Warframe and Borderlands and I can imagine wasting some time on that. That's the PvE aspect though, I have no idea why this has PvP to begin with because the netcode woes one can spot in Destiny 1 videos and the decision to not have dedicated servers for Destinity 2 makes any bit of competitive play an absolute joke.
One thing I can't answer properly but am curious about: Does it have good waifus?
>>
>>378107242
you and everyone self imposed it on yourself when you wouldn't buy games anywhere else. you literally haven't refuted this and keep dodging the point with ad hominems. anytime a game comes out anywhere else its the same "not on steam no buy" attitude. look at this very thread: lol battlecuck, lolbnet no thanks. well congratulations you got yourself a ((((((monopoly))))) enjoy it
>>
>>378107586
>you and everyone self imposed it on yourself

you keep spewing this shit, maybe it'll come true to your definition
>>
>>378107534
Amanda Holliday is probably your best bet for a waifu.
Cayde is my husbando
>>
>>378107534
>Does it have good waifus?
Not really. Some of the alien women are attractive and my characters is pretty cute if I say so myself, but they went for a "realistic" look with the human female faces which means manjaws.
>>
File: 1479564492820.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1479564492820.png
119KB, 225x227px
>>378107534
>seems childish and lacks immersion
I played Destiny 1 on release and all DLC till end content except for the last one.
You can really see Bungie poured their heart into making your first playthrough feel extremely immersive and well delivered.
>Does it have good waifus?
If you're going in looking for that I'm already doubting your general taste in vidya.
>>
File: wut.jpg (19KB, 505x512px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
19KB, 505x512px
>>378103369
>I never played the first game but here is my opinion on what the sequel is doing wrong
>>
>>378107368
Lost Sectors will literally just be instanced big rooms where they reskin a normal enemy with a big ass health bar
>>
>>378107859
>If you're going in looking for that I'm already doubting your general taste in vidya.
That's a bit a short sighted. What I've seen in the Destiny 2 trailer so far is an unfunny robotic dude I can't relate to, a blue guy full of shallow pathos to a point I cringe at the overdrawn attempt to instill heroism, a digital assistant with the personality-depth of Siri, bullet sponge enemies without personality and a bunch of no-names cheering for them.
If this is a story driven game and that's all there is to it then I somehow doubt the narrative part gets me or anyone over the age of 14 excited.
I mentioned Borderlands and Warframe but those did have enemies with personality at the least and memorable characters (including waifus). So let me rephrase: What does Destiny have to offer in that regard?
>>
>>378108270
>talks about not getting anyone excited over the age of 14
>laments the lack of waifus

....wut
>>
File: 1488312268264.jpg (23KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1488312268264.jpg
23KB, 393x325px
>>378108270
>I mentioned Borderlands and Warframe
I can't speak for the story/dialogue in Warframe.
But if you liked and enjoyed the story/dialogue from Borderlands and don't think you'll enjoy Destiny all that much.
I'de say it's more like Halo which is logical since it's coming from Bungie.
Sort of funny how you're calling out people having to be 14 for like Destiny's aesthetic while using fucking Borderlands and Warframe as examples.
>>
>>378106631
>Has a two college degrees
>Doesn't know the difference between your and you're
Did you get your degree from ITT Tech or some shit?
>>
File: Destiny_Andal_Brask.jpg (72KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_Andal_Brask.jpg
72KB, 490x750px
>>378108270
The first game offers no face value story, but has a fuckton of lore on the levels of Soulborne games. Bungie has been talking up the story for this one, but we don't know if it will deliver. The cinematics so far has already helped a lot IMO.

Also don't discredit the characters on a surface level when you know nothing about their back story. Cayde 6 is pretty damn interesting.
>>
>>378099360
I'm happy it's coming to PC but if the /v/eterans are calling it Destiny 1.5, then I'm hesitant to get it. If by whatever off chance that I do get it, I hope it would die within a week or month.
>>
File: 9nohQh5.jpg (13KB, 478x361px) Image search: [Google]
9nohQh5.jpg
13KB, 478x361px
>>378108761
It's Econ/Biz, Not Lang/Lit and I've been up roughly 25 hours
Get fuckt
>>
File: 1491383148788.jpg (13KB, 157x132px) Image search: [Google]
1491383148788.jpg
13KB, 157x132px
>>378108841
>/v/eterans
the fuck is that? experienced shitposters?
>>
>>378108842
>That pic
What joke?

Being awake for an extended period of time isn't an excuse for being a fucking mongaloid.
>>
>>378108918
Maybe people who played the game, thus their experience. Or the experienced players that are shitposting.
>>
>>378109049
It's just a random picture
>>
>>378107052
The thing I hated about Warframe's endgame was that you basically just grinded the same couple of missions over and over while waiting for timed missions for special drops. I wouldn't mind it as much but the missions were all very samey. It's probably my party dungeon MMORPG itch that I'm trying to scratch.
>>
>>378108841
I can't speak for everyone but I think there is more than enough to call it a sequel. Especially considering Destiny is essentially a FPS monster hunter type of game.
I really don't understand the "LMAO it looks the same. Does Bungie really think they can rework the classes, add completely new gear, create 4 new worlds, rework the PvP and make new maps, and launch with more content than the first game, and get away with it? Don't make me laugh!"

The real question is whether or not a game with loot grinding as it's core gameplay cycle is your idea of fun. If you like Borderlands, Diablo, monster hunter, phantasy star online, DEEPEST LORE etc, you might like Destiny.
>>
File: 1476352335371.jpg (118KB, 1256x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1476352335371.jpg
118KB, 1256x1075px
>>378108841
>>378109078
Well coming from someone who played the shit out of Destiny 1 except for the last DLC; calling it Destiny 1,5 is like calling every CoD after CoD4:MW a DLC for said CoD.
Ofcourse it's going to look similar to the first game but from what they've announced about the gameplay/story it holds enough to be a worthy sequel to it's predecessor.
>>
File: Destiny_20170425223205.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_20170425223205.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>378109359
I've played enough of both Destiny and Warframe to fuck up my life and they don't have very much in common. The minute-to-minute gameplay is completely different. In Warframe you can run AoE nukes and turn your brain off while you farm a mission but in Destiny you have to actually stay engaged in the game. There's no farming mobs for materials in Destiny except for some specific quests you'll finish in a few minutes. There also aren't time-gated things like Nitian.

For high-level PvE I'd say Destiny is more about being engaged in the game and playing your role well while Warframe is more about making wise use of your resources to build your arsenal. I played so much Warframe that just thinking about it now makes me sick, but the worst that happens for me with Destiny is that I get bored and take a break for a couple of months.
>>
File: 9547340572.png (59KB, 1369x348px) Image search: [Google]
9547340572.png
59KB, 1369x348px
>>378099360
quick rundown in pic related. It's going to be really half assed, I know Bungie can do better but it's honestly going to be quality of life changes and going to be more easier so casuals can play. I reckon the Destiny 3 will be the best version, the way they originally intended D1 to be.
>>
>>378109691
Sounds like my kind of game then. I like MMORPGs so a shooter version of it could be fun. I have some questions about how the raiding works in Destiny. Are there healers, tanks and dps on a single boss or is it more like a massive dungeon with specific mechanics that you have to clear as a group?
>>
File: lolrlly.jpg (38KB, 480x286px) Image search: [Google]
lolrlly.jpg
38KB, 480x286px
>>378109956
>falling for the "i-its just a DLC"-meme
>>
Someone tell me about guns in this game. I like guns that go brrrrt.
Is there anything that feels like the second firemode of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJh_B4jDrY
Are the weapons all hitscan? Does it have any fancy weaponry playing with physics?
>>
>>378110012
Don't think of Destiny as an MMO, it isn't. Likewise, raids don't play like MMO raids. A raid in Destiny is more like a puzzle that takes six people to do. They take a lot of communication and practice and yes, there are DPS phases but there are no dedicated support classes. Every class has its own way to offer support based on the situation: Hunters can make other players invisible with a smoke bomb for example and Titans can make a bubble that gives players a damage buff when they run through it. Each class also has ways of helping with DPS, since they all have one ability or another that makes bosses take increased damage.

In short, every class can do every role but some are better at some roles than others. It all comes down to the specific encounter, and experimenting with different classes in different roles for different encounters is a huge part of the fun. Your gear can also help out a lot during a raid encounter but at the end of the day you have to be good.
>>
>>378110270
Destiny 2 will have SMGs and Destiny 1 already has bullet-hose ARs like Atheon's Epilogue

>>378110270
>Are the weapons all hitscan?
Rocket launchers and grenade launchers are not. I'm not really sure about fusion rifles. Abilities are also major weapons in Destiny, so there are things like AoE supers and projectiles fired by swords that are not hitscan.
>>
File: IMG_0137.png (450KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.png
450KB, 900x900px
>>378099360
as a Destiny 1 vet, from what I've seen so far:

Destiny 2 will be to Destiny 1 + DLCs as Fallout 4 was to Fallout 3. Destiny 2 will have Quality of Life improvements that Destiny 1 needed, and that's about it.
>>
>>378105430
>>378105913
>backwards

are you fucking blind?
those are details on a sci-fi helm, pretty standard shit desu

Also the reason the hood is down and why that helm isn't in the game is because it's box art, not an in-game render.
>>
>>378099360
>improve pve in almost every way
>completely fuck up the skill trees

fucking bungie
>>
>>378110362
Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to give open beta a try on PC if they're gonna do one.
>>
>>378106220
>The reason they got rid of Grimoire is because there's actually gonna be a story in the base game lmao.
No, the Grimoire had all the cool story like dreams about the traveler and darkness and Cabal watching us do sick sparrow stunts through spy satellites and Oryx's secret diary. The in game plot of Destiny 2 is just going to be Cayde making jokes, Zavala taking thing seriously being the real joke, and Ikora being cryptic and generally uninspiring as always.

There was literally no reason to remove the grimoire rather than just making it a menu option in-game so you didn't have to go to fucking Bungie.net to read it.
No reason other than they can't write for shit anyway so there's nobody to write the Grimoire cards now
>>
File: 569236890236324.png (640KB, 856x483px) Image search: [Google]
569236890236324.png
640KB, 856x483px
>>378110064
>stayed up late for the reveal
>was so excited
>see the first shot of the warlock on the tower
>get instantly disappointed
>as the stream goes on they reveal the same fucking thing we've been having for the past 3 years

Go fuck yourself It's fucking DLC sold off as a new game. The engine is slightly modified and looks a bit cleaner, but it's the same game Also the European Dead Zone was supposed to be in Destiny 1 but was saved for Destiny 2
>>
>>378108761
he's obviously trolling
>>
>>378110668
This, along with Int/Dis/Str being gone really sucks
>>
>>378108270
Warframe has a story but the story sucks. To figure out half of what is going on you have to do the plot quests, do the syndicate quests, scan all the cephalon fragments, and send all the targets to Simaris digital sex dungeon.

Tyl Regor is my waifu though. I feel a special relationship with the guy after I caved his face in so many fucking times to build Equinox.
>>
>>378110742
>so fucking convinced "ITS JUST A FUCKIN DLC REEEE"

You're going to hate the game nonetheless. You're already lost. You might buy and play it. But you're going to try your fucking best to hate it so much.
>>
>>378110945
Not that guy but this mentality is stupid. I came into Destiny 1 with the Taken King, expecting completely to hate it and was only buying it because my friend bought it and wanted someone to play Halo with. I found it really enjoyable, sometimes.
>>
>>378110945
I spent 912 hours on it, of course I'm going to buy it but I expected better from Bungie, that's why I am so pissed off.
>>
>>378110742
Do people unironically want sequels with nothing in common with the previous games now?
>>
>>378099360
Fool me once saying comes to mind.
>>
>>378110565

>posting that Hive slut

I bet she took it in the pooper too
>>
eh it looks pretty copy pasta'ed from the first game but i didnt play it because of the framerate so its fine i guess
still going to wait on port reports before picking it up
i have a 1070 so i should be good anyway but you never know these days
hopefully they take into account the fact that people will be able to aim balancing the game for pc but something tells me they won't
we'll see
>>
File: 1494299454813.jpg (14KB, 257x253px) Image search: [Google]
1494299454813.jpg
14KB, 257x253px
>>378099360

One step forward, two steps back.

- 4v4 crucible is objectively bad. They can spin it all they want but it's obviously to lessen server stress and nothing else.

- Fixed cooldowns for melee/grenade (T1/60s) is trash. Playing the game with T5/20s grenades was perfect (especially since majority of grenades in Destiny are trash anyway).

- Moving every non-primary into a single heavy weapon slot is retarded. Snipers and Shotguns aren't any more powerful than they were in D1 and they're now competing with RLs and GLs and swords? Get the fuck out of here. Fusion Rifles? lol

- It's basically D1 DLC. The whole game looks and feels exactly the same. They straight up didn't even change some things too. Bungie could have 30 years to make Destiny 3 and it'd still be Destiny 1 with some minor tweaks.
>>
File: 250[1].png (110KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250[1].png
110KB, 250x250px
>>378110917
not like I loved the

TWO

men
that you killed
>>
>>378111136
No they obviously want an improvement.

The source of the DLC meme is that a Cabal raid really ought to have been in the first game but instead the final DLC was... ANOTHER FALLEN DLC! Which didn't really create any forewards plot progression it just kind of explained one of the factions we had only really learned about through PvP previously.

And then suddenly we find that the very first plotline out the gate of Destiny 2 is... basically the Cabal DLC we were asking for in Destiny 1.
>>
File: 1495672323285.png (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495672323285.png
156KB, 800x800px
>>378099360
>see gameplay of a new strike in the game
>the boss is just a giant minataur
I was hoping they would change up the the strike bosses like they did with the taken king instead of just making them bigger versions of smaller enemies guess I was wrong
>>
File: 1481736121761.gif (2MB, 175x190px) Image search: [Google]
1481736121761.gif
2MB, 175x190px
>>378111117
>I expected better from Bungie
Do you think Halo 3 is jst a DLC to Halo 2?
Don't you think Halo ODST is just Halo 2: Black Ops DLC.
Halo Reach is pretty much Halo The Prequel DLC right.

boi stfu and sit the fuck down
>>
>>378110728
>there's nobody to write the Grimoire cards now

this
no grimoire was red flag for me, since original people who made all the sick lore left it's going to be capeshit
>>
>>378111236
That Hive Slut is a better Warlock mom than Ikora ever was and she's not even a proper Warlock anymore.
>>
>>378110742
>saved
We already know that destiny was in development hell. Also Destiny 2 has been in development long side Destiny 1 for a long time now.

Picture things this way and then maybe your brain will not be so irrational.
Destiny 1 - WoW
x-pack 1 - Tier 1
x-pack 2 - tier 2
x-pack 3 - tier 3
ect.
Destiny 2 - TBC

Yeah it sucks that you have to pay for each tier, but you also are not paying monthly sub.

I don't understand what people thought it'd be. I thought Destiny 2 would be a properly developed intelligent iteration of Destiny 1. So far it seems just like that, all positive changes, and enjoyable changes. Destiny 1 was a huge let down. I don't get hyped for anything anymore but I am looking forward to Destiny 2. Like most I'll be playing it on pc.

What ever you hyped yourself for I don't even know. Why did you think it wouldn't be more of destiny? But the good destiny not the bad.
>>
>>378110797
Those are gone, but their effects are still in the game, on armor.
>>
>>378111424

Ikora is the worst NPC in the game so it doesnt really count
>>
>>378110668
I'm not sure if that's the actual skill tree or a truncated version of it for beta purposes.
>>
>>378111438

You're an idiot
>>
Their first showing feels like an evolution, rather than an actual sequel.
All I wanted to see was either another class, overhauled abilities or new fun endgame stuff (including SRL, god I love those stupid mini events). I guess we find out in two weeks.
>>
File: 1436679722579.jpg (60KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
1436679722579.jpg
60KB, 500x655px
>>378100946
>>
>>378111279
Watch the gameplay again.

The guy had a secondary GL. This implies snipers being secondary as well.
>>
>>378111360
I hope your baiting,but i'll bite. From each Halo there is a jump in every aspect: graphics, weapons, UI, gameplay, community features, creation tools for custom gamemodes and maps, etc. From D1 to D2 there is NO jump at all, it's the same shit being repackaged as something new. boi stfu

>>378111438
I hyped myself because I thought they could do better and forgived Destiny 1 for being shit because it was ambitious and Activision coming in and all that drama within Bungie. I thought for D2 they would completely revamp everything and learn from the mistakes they made and make it like it was originally intended from their concepts, what we got instead was DLC. Like I said earlier, I hope Destiny 3 will be what is was supposed to be in Destiny 1.
>>
>>378111438
This is probably the best explanation of what was wrong Destiny 1.
Destiny 1 was a solid game which got cut up in content by Activision for max profits.
I fear this will happen with Destiny 2 as well but people saying It's just Destiny 1 DLC is fucking retarded; that would make any game sequel ever a dlc to it's previous game.
>>
>>378111438
>So far it seems just like that, all positive changes
There are a lot of things wrong with Destiny 2 so far, just read the rest of the thread
>>
>>378111818
Adding to this; there are things to be excited about. Completly dropping last gen support is gonna do wonders for upcoming content. I'm pretty sure of it.
>>
>>378101002
This is probably right, but I really think it's just Destiny 1 with a new coat of paint. If you like 1, 2 looks to be up your alley. If not, move along.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (46KB, 824x275px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
46KB, 824x275px
>>378111927
>>
>>378111279
I'm cautiously optimistic about the weapon shakeup but I'm annoyed that it's pretty much all PvP's fault. Balance changes for PvP always end up making PvE less fun.
>>
>>378111927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmBSkpACwE0
There is no secondary slot, only kinetic, energy and power slot.
>>
How much money did one have to spend on Destiny 1 to get the full game? Activision surely issues a season pass and tons of expensive DLC packs, and if recent Call of Duties are an indication, a cash-shop, too. Is these one of those "buy the game for 60$ but then spend another 50$ to get the actual full game" kind of deals?
>>
File: 1471451324969.png (224KB, 355x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471451324969.png
224KB, 355x300px
>>378111930
>graphics, weapons, UI, gameplay, community features, creation tools for custom gamemodes and maps, etc.
But anon, aside from maybe the graphics, all of those things are either different or have been added to.
>creation tools
Don't really know what you mean by this. Crafting? The forge like in Halo?
>>
>>378112345
>How much money did one have to spend on Destiny 1 to get the full game?
$60. $30 if wait for a sale. And if you wait 3 years later.
>>
>>378112345
Yes and no. Content isnt locked, but the game is made with updates in mind. Take that as you will. And pricing is dependent on when you jump in. Early adopters eat shit as always, while late adopters miss out on the hype.
>>
>>378112345
$60 Vanilla Destiny + $35 Season Pass (DLC I&II) + $40 Taken King + $30 Rise of Iron = $165
>>
>>378101764
>What do you think of destiny 2 /v/?

>I got to say hey to Noah cuckson

Every video game """"""blogger"""""""
>>
>>378099360
for sure will save the gaming industry 100%
>>
>>378112386
I meant forge and the gamemodes that were with it. It gave 3, Reach and 4 extra life and I have created friends and memories from it.
>>
>>378112598
Holy crackers, that's more than a year of MMO subs cost. Guess that kills it for me - I was hoping it's reasonably priced so one can play this on the side now and then but with such an investment it's only worth it when played non-stop and I doubt it has enough content for that.
>>
Rank the classes in terms of utility.

Now rank them again based on style
>>
the PC version looks worth it
but delay could fuck initial playerbase size depending on the wait
>>
File: 1483852289483.jpg (23KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1483852289483.jpg
23KB, 429x410px
>>378112679
I highly doubt Destiny 2 will have a custom gamemode feature since it wasn't in Destiny 1.
though Halo was a full on FPS with a a clear singleplayer/multiplayer gamedesign.
Whereas Destiny is more of a MMOFPS with a PVE/PVP model where custom gamemodes are uncommon in general.
>>
>>378112784
You are forgetting that it is spread out over three years. MMO sub fees cost more, but have more content depending on the game.
>>
>>378099360
>expansion pass
is on-disc dlc confirmed?
>>
>>378112808
in destiny I've seen all 3 classes carry a team at some point.
And I've seen all 3 classes doing cool shit making me go "hot damn that looked tight"
It really boils down to do I wanna be a wizard with guns, a thief/rogue with guns or a magic spartan with guns
>>
>>378112980

WoW is a good example. It has 15 yaers of content, it's so much - it's really overhelming
>>
>>378099360
I don't
>>
>>378099360
Saw the QL on Giant Bomb

It looks exactly the same, but the guns look cool at least. Definitely feels like an expansion pack especially considering all the shit from D1 that never made it in.
>>
>>378100630
Gaylo always had shitty gunplay
>>
i liked but was def a scam. only want to play 2 because itll be on PC and at least twice as good a game from that reason alone.

the destiny world with maxed graphics settings will be comfy af.
>>
>>378111438
I wanted more expansive skill trees and more customization. They weren't ideal in Destiny 1 so I thought they were going to build upon them to give you more options but instead it seems they've cut them down even further. It's an RPG loot shooter where they seemingly keep trying to kill the fun RPG character building part of it.
>>
>>378112930
I didn't say I wanted a forge-esque feature in Destiny 2, I was just giving examples how Bungie is capable of doing great things but just half-assed D2.
>>
>>378113718
They haven't REALLY cut it down, its about the same or maybe slightly more if anything, its not like different builds in D1 were DRASTICALLY different or anything, that being said I wish they would go further with more skills.

For example all classes get 1 more active ability, but then there are all the passives, for example the dawnblade warlock gets shit like the hover while shooting thing, the descend ability that heals you and makes you drop fast, an air dodge, a melee that does fire damage over time, a melee that explodes the enemy if your melee kills them, its nice I feel.

While you cant do ALL these things at once I still feel like you actually have more abilities overall then the first game, if all the subclasses are tweaked and reworked this way then I'm all for it.
I'm also pretty interested to see how the other supers we haven't seen are reworked if they are at all, I wonder if they are all gonna be roaming supers.
>>
>>378107819
thats a pretty good waifu
i approve
>>
File: 1495095726873.jpg (133KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1495095726873.jpg
133KB, 400x505px
>>378114060
Nah anon. I honestly think you're a jaded, cynical shitbitch with your only argument being "its all the same its a dlc shoulda coulda woulda" even though they've shown enough improvements/differences to call it a sequel and it isn't even out yet.
Stay salty and sour
>>
>>378114206
>its about the same or maybe slightly more if anything
In D1 you could mix the passives together in any way you want.ed In D2 you get locked into 4 choices at once, which means you get forced to pick whichever one you hate less. You'll never be able to min/max your character just the way you want. It's a terrible change
>>
File: 1495464305611.png (20KB, 332x244px) Image search: [Google]
1495464305611.png
20KB, 332x244px
>>378114206
But now you don't even get to choose your individual passives in each subclass, they come bundled together in 2 sets of 4 with no mixing or matching. All you can choose between is what kind of grenade, jump and the other new active ability you want to use.
>>
Everything sounds really good, but I'm incredibly disappointed that it seems like we're just getting the same classes as last time with minor tweaks, seems so fucking lazy.
>>
>>378114568
(((noseworthy)))
>>
>>378112049
>Swords
I unironically can't wait to hear more about the swords.
>>
>>378114754
but swords were in the first game
>>
>>378114513
>>378114568
Even though minmaxing was hardly a thing in the original it doesn't matter.
If D1 you could select some passives that would increase speed and such but thats all done though armor now, not your class passives, so you could probably still min max if you want, just involves armor now.

D2 you are just picking abilities and for how they have set it up it seems like the logical way they would allow you to do it anyway. for example each set of 4 has one melee, they've split things to its not to op, like with Dawnblade you can't have both hover shooting AND airdodges.

I think its fine, we'll see.
>>
>>378114806
And now I want more.
>>
>>378112808
From what we've seen so far:

1.Titans
All subclasses have access to an ability that either spawns a chest high energy wall that auto reloads for you when you aren't shooting or an even bigger wall that enemies can't pass through which could block off a choke point
Supers seen so far involve the striker which lights you up in electricity and hulk smash your way around for a little while or a captain america shield that can be used to hit people, block damage and thrown around.

2.Warlock
Have a class ability that can be specced to put down a circle that can heal or buff damage.
Super known so far is Dawnblade, fly around and fuck people up, air superiority both through super and general class skills.

3.Hunter
Class wide ability to be able to dodge which reloads your weapon, or dodge near enemy to refill some melee energy.
Supers are all damage, SunGun or Pole Dancer.

Style:

1.Warlocks
Fucking sweet ass coats look cool as shit, habe cool looking mostly round helmets.

2.Hunter
Hoods and Capes of various design, may hold swords out to the side like a cool guy(may just be because it was a katana)

No doubt some of their armor is super cool, but just don't quite have the swagger of the other classes. Also ass towels.
>>
>>378114807
If wanted a duration increase for my super and my melee to heal me, I could do it in D1. But now in D2 if those two skills are in separate tree's, I'll never be able to play the way I want. You see the problem here? Rather than balancing every skill to be useful in it's own way and promote variety, Bungie said fuck it and just threw everything together.
>>
>>378114754
Seen the different stances?
We never see a class holding more then 1 different type of sword so we don't know if its a class specific thing or a sword specific thing.

But a hunter was holing a katana out to the side, 1 handed and a Titan was holding like a broadsword in 2 hands int front of him, like you would see knights holding their swords and shit.
>>
>>378115104
which class had those options in the original?
>>
>>378100391
Is it true you can actually buy it with WoW Gold?
>>
Haven't played in a few months or kept up with the news. So nothing at all transfers over?
>>
>>378119057
Just your characters and light level
>>
>>378119123
Is there any where I can see a complied list of info about the game? Of course the actual game website doesn't say shit, just PREORDER NOW.
>>
>>378099360
Waiting for pc footage
>>
File: 1494671529319.jpg (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494671529319.jpg
64KB, 300x300px
>>378099360
>not on steam
>blizzdrone platform

Dropped.
>>
they need to put out a benchmark demo
>>
>>378116854
Yes.
>>
If I get it on PC can I use my PS4 character?
>>
>>378105084
That's just it, "99%" of people don't THINK they have issues. people on PC who have had dedicated servers since the 1990s know damn well just how fucking trash a peer-hosted game is and can see the issues from a mile away. They have some actual fucking standards.
>>
File: 1377542068298.jpg (18KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1377542068298.jpg
18KB, 350x350px
>kinda want to get it on pc
>worried about how big the user base will be on pc
>look up some opinions to see where people will play
>tons of people are saying pc performance is great and they are scared of it taking all the console players

Not what I was expecting.
>>
>>378119897
>>378119897
I don't understand this argument.

Nigga just click another button in your Taskbar. It's not hard.
>>
File: 1482529530029s.jpg (8KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1482529530029s.jpg
8KB, 250x236px
>>378121037
I have buddies and most of the games on steam and I couldn't care less about the other platform.
>>
>>378120820
It will probably release 2-3 months after console though. I wouldn't mind playing on pc if it had concurrent launch but by then nothing in the game will be new.
>>
>>378121113
Those buddy's might or might not get the game regardless.

The fact that the platform is a deciding factor is just retarded to me. It's meaningless
>>
>>378121235
Not him, but I don't do battlefield anymore because of Origin. Fucking cancer of a launcher. It broke me from a series I used to like.
>>
>>378121235
Other platforms are the same as bloatware - all of them require additional registration, additional protection and blizzshit requires phone code auth as well.
>>
>>378121194
>2-3 months
that's about dead m8
longtime D1 players will not want to miss the "hype" for that fucking long that they'd play on [console]
then they'd probably neglect PC because of their progress on [console]
1st expansion should release about that time and then they'd rather play where they're at (on [console]) to not miss out on the "hype" from that

anything over, say 2 weeks, is fucking kill
>>
File: 1483879594175.gif (968KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483879594175.gif
968KB, 245x245px
>>378119897
>limiting yourself because of "muh platforms"
out of all the consolewarfags, pcmustards still take the fuckin cake hahahaha
>>
>>378110526
Fusions are projectiles, but pretty much play like hitscan.
>>
>>378121381
Meh, was never much into BF after BF2. Nothing captured the magic of 1942. Valid argument if true.

>>378121619
You are a complete fool if you don't have a phone number on your steam account.

Bloat ware has no or minor functional use. If your playing a game on the platform it's not bloat ware.

Still no argument from you.
>>
>>378116854
You can buy everything Blizzard from HS packs to OW loot boxes even buy the games themselves with WoW gold. Now including non-Blizzard Destiny. It's caused WoW tokens to skyrocket in price
>>
File: 1481135891280.png (313KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481135891280.png
313KB, 400x400px
>autstic faggo friend buying 3 copies on every platform

we've reached peak dickriding
>>
>>378122686
Does he at least share his copies?
>>
>>378122510
>You are a complete fool if you don't have a phone number on your steam account.

I have it yet it doesn't fucking as me to use a phone auth every time i log in into my steam account or in the game.
>>
File: Petra.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Petra.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
>>378114362
Woah nelly, you haven't even seen the best girl, Petra Venj.
>>
>>378124603
I want to fuck Petra and her voice.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.