[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did you enjoy d44m? What do you want to see in D42M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170125012948_1.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170125012948_1.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
did you enjoy d44m? What do you want to see in D42M?
>>
>>378093437
me on the right
>>
I want some more SP content for Doom 4.
>>
I did very much. I'd like to see more levels (maybe in the range of 20-something) with a similar design philosophy to the original Doom, i.e. having the hell levels feature more bizarre and nonsensical (from a human perspective) architecture and overall design. Oh, and a multiplayer that isn't a throwaway would be nice.
>>
>>378093723
mp was shit on a shingle so I agree. They need to scrap loadouts and buff the shit out of weapons
>>
>>378093653
me in the air
>>
>>378093437
No.

Bethesda kicked out.
Bigger, less linear maps with ENEMIES on them.
Way less lock-down arena rooms.
MORE enemies on screen at once.
No menu-surfing and upgrade-tree crap.
Actual modding tools.
Good artstyle and OST.
Fireblu.
>>
>>378093991
bethesda didn't make the game you dumb fuck
>>
Good modding tools so people could actually create something fun.
>>
File: d44m4.jpg (211KB, 601x760px) Image search: [Google]
d44m4.jpg
211KB, 601x760px
>>378093437
no I fucking hate it
here are a couple of points on how to fix it though
>remove glory kills entirely
>remove contextual ledge grabbing
>remove contextual button pressing and other cutscene nonsense (anything that takes control from the player needs to go in the trash)
>less ground friction more variables in speed (make general movement skillful)
>more air control and give the player double jump from the get go
>rebalance enemies to each have a separate combat role
>more enemies in general + low level hitscan enemy (make the player think about tactics and positioning instead of just running around in circles)
>better pathfinding (it's fucking horrible and broken)
>rebalance weapons to each have a combat role
>makes chainsaw, bfg ammo, other powerups more scarce or at least make an attempt to hide them
>remove all upgrade nonsense
>larger less linear levels with multiple paths, secrets, monster closet traps etc
>save arenas for the boss fights
>make armour function like the original Doom It just acts like a second health bar
it has a bunch more specific problems too...
>>378094031
mods will never happen
>>
>>378093991
>>378094024
Bethesda didn't make it but they were responsible for having call of doom shitcanned
I suspect that game would have been similar to TNO and they probably recycled assets for that game anyway
>>
>>378093437
actual level design
>>
>>378094024
>guys publishers totally have no say in the project theyre funding
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.