[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HITMAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 06_hitman.jpg (83KB, 800x523px) Image search: [Google]
06_hitman.jpg
83KB, 800x523px
Hitman is $29.99 on humble bundle right now
Is there any chance it will be much cheaper during the Steam Summer sale or should I just get it now?
>>
Sounds like a good deal for the whole first season.

The devs are in chaos because Square ditched them, so I'm not sure if that'll increase the likelihood of sales or not.
>>
>>378093394
Why did Square pull the plug? Did 2016 not sell well?
>>
>>378093484
By whatever standards they had, apparently. Tomb Raider didn't "meet their expectations" either, and that game sold several million.
>>
>>378093484
Im sure the episodic model and coming off absolution probably didn't help.
>>
>>378093853
At least for me, I was not going to pay full price for Hitman after getting tricked by Absolution. This one looks good though so I'll probably buy the next one when it comes out, but I'm definitely not gonna pre-order it
>>
>>378094271
There might not be another Hitman.
Heck, there might not even be a season 2.
>>
It's cheaper on piratebay.
>>
>>378093716
These games probably have a fuck ton of budget.
>>
>>378094758
I don't pirate games from the big name studios. That's how they get you.
>>
>>378093484
It started off poorly, since you only had the tutorial levels and Paris, which doesn't feel like a very diverse because the main mission ignores most of the first floor and attic.

I think a lot of people didn't even understand that it was episodic and complained that it was too short and a 'scam'. Same people who buy Early Access expecting a finished game, I imagine.

It seemed to pick up with more maps but Square just crunched numbers and decided 'fuck it'.
>>
>>378091963
What's the point? I've missed out on all the timed events and there won't be anymore.
>>
>>378094883
>It seemed to pick up with more maps but Square just crunched numbers and decided 'fuck it'.
Pretty much this, they're trying to pass off losses from big name games onto ones with lesser value in their eyes.
>>
>>378094840
They get you because you suck.
I've been pirating for 2 decades and nothing bad has ever happened to me.
>>
>>378094906
I don't really care for timed events in a single player game, in all honesty.
I think I only completed 3 elusive targets in total, yet I have over 200 hours played between PC and PS4.
>>
>>378094906
What are timed events? Sounds lame, all I want is a proper Blood Money sequel
>>
>>378095159
>What are timed events?

Shit like killing Gary Busey.
>>
>>378095159
Special targets that you have a week to complete, but if you die, you get no second chance, also no saving is allowed during them.
They're completely fluff.

The game is as close to a Blood Money sequel that we'll probably ever get, sadly there's no upgrading your guns in this though, you just unlock new weapons and items to use as you complete challenges.
>>
It has been ~$30 on G2A for months. It will likely remain so for months. Unless another sale happens, in which case the price will drop. Might as well wait and see
>>
>>378095680

>G2A

enjoy your stolen keys
>>
>>378093484
(((Someone))) invested everything in Final Fantasy XV and it was not enough
It was the japs though
>>
>>378095757
I think he already did.
>>
>>378094906
>>378095159
The whole thing is just assassinate some random new NPC inserted into an old map, and it's as simple as it sounds. I stopped going out of my way to play them after the first couple. People who haven't played it make a huge deal out of the voice acting and cutscene like it means anything, but you really won't even hear most of it unless you deliberately hang around waiting for random NPCs to cycle through their usual dialogue. You can find plenty of player made missions with the same amount of depth. It's just a tool to keep people coming back every few weeks.
>>
>>378096075
>It's just a tool to keep people coming back every few weeks.
Don't see a problem with that. I agree that the missions are simple but since you can only play the mission once and the target isn't marked, all recon and planning is on the scene. Unless you watch a bunch of youtube playthroughs, which takes the fun out of it.
>>
>$30
>not getting the whole game for $16 and dude sex with goy pass for $22 from fucking gamestop last thanksgiving
>>
>>378096638
I'd rather cut off my left nipple than give a single fucking penny to gamestop.
>>
you can get cheaper keys since RELEASE what the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>378095757
>>378096032

I'll continue to enjoy legitimate, legally traded keys while memers like yourselves believe nonsense about "stolen keys"
>>
>>378097038

t. Russian
>>
>>378097087
t. retard who cant use a tiny bit a critical thinking to figure out how a website could have so many transactions if they're all stolen keys
>>
>>378097298
>how a website could have so many transactions if they're all stolen keys

retards
>>
>>378093716

>Several million

Where did you see this data? Last I saw (months ago) it was like, 1.31 million for Xbox One and 0.61 million for PS4. Don't say VGChartz.
>>
>>378095032

Yeah this. I've pirated plenty of big name games before. You just have to not be retarded.
>>
>>378091963
>Hitman is $29.99 on humble bundle right now
>humble bundle
what?
did u mean humble sales?
>>
>>378095757

I know that 4chan isn't quite what it was in 2006 anymore, but it's still full of people who don't give the slightest fuck about that sort of thing. Though the game's been on sale for 30 dollars multiple times in the last few months, so you don't even need to get it from G2A if you're afraid of it.
>>
>>378095032
>>378097713
Obviously it can be done, but the risk is non-zero. I prefer to pirate things that nobody gives a shit about like animu, indie games, utilities, etc
>>
>>378097298

People are even saying CDKeys is full of stolen keys now. I think there's legit reasons to be leery of G2A, people really don't need blow the stolen keys thing out of proportion.
>>
>>378094883
I wonder if there are any compiled stats for episodic games yet. I can somewhat see the appeal for games that resemble tv series like Life is strange and walking dead, but for a normal game with actual gameplay it seems retarded to make it episodic. Life is strange etc are basically choose your own adventures, but in a game like Hitman you have to actually learn the game and get immersed in the game play. Imagine if Ninja gaiden was episodic, you'd never get into it. All my logical thinking is telling me that releasing normal games in episodes is financially moronic.
>>
>>378097830

The risk is never not 0. You can't do anything without some risk. Just read up on torrenting security, it's easy to protect yourself. Or don't, it's your life.
>>
>>378097983
It was Square's idea to do it in episodes but I rather like their approach to it. Instead of HL2 and Telltale games where you're just playing a chapter of a story, a Hitman episode is more like a new map in a multiplayer game. The whole 'shadow client' thing is just a way to tie it all together.

I just hope if the next season happens, they do more hidden stuff outside of the guided opportunities. There's times where you get a funny idea and find you can't do it, like using the virus and dna samples in 'World of Tomorrow' to kill the targets or silly stuff like messing with the virus a specific way to create a zombie plague.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.