[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is absolutely BORING AS FUCK.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
This game is absolutely BORING AS FUCK.
>>
File: 1490520556746.jpg (1MB, 863x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490520556746.jpg
1MB, 863x1200px
a2
>>
File: 7f107164.jpg (506KB, 648x900px) Image search: [Google]
7f107164.jpg
506KB, 648x900px
>>378090681
A2?
>>
You're playing it wrong.
>>
b-b-b-but thicc protagonist, anon!
>>
How the fuck is it acceptable that were 3 months after launch with 0 pc port patches on a broken game? Has platinum straight abandoned this?

If this was any western developer wed crucify them
>>
>>378090586
yeah it is. I got memed on, too, op. /v/ is aids, last time I ever get suckered into their shit taste. they got me with earth defence force 4.1 too.
>>
File: fun.jpg (102KB, 575x616px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
102KB, 575x616px
>>378090586
>>
>>378091052
Square Enix doesn't support their PC releases.
>>
>>378090586
yeah well thats just your opinion that thousands of people disagree with BRO
>>
POST MORE A2
>>
File: 1484577895185.jpg (149KB, 756x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484577895185.jpg
149KB, 756x1200px
>>378091663
>>
>>378090586
yup
got it through gamefly, sent it back without finishing, typical pandering to weebs, waifu bait bullshit, while core gameplay is fucking generic as fuck
and the whole changing to halfass other game modes is just them trying to distract you from how fucking boring the game actually i s
>>
File: CtVz1rl7989o1.png (594KB, 1013x1771px) Image search: [Google]
CtVz1rl7989o1.png
594KB, 1013x1771px
>>378091663
>>
>>378090586
it has some moments such as the re-encounters with adam but yeah the entire game is overall pretty damn boring
>>
>>378091743
im not into the models themselves but I found the setting interesting and the OST was pretty fucking prime
>>
the truth is video games are boring, anon
they're best when you're young and your life experiences are minimal, just like movies

what's the last game that truly grabbed you by the gonads
>>
>>378091224
They patched the PC release of TYPE-0. But other than that, yeah, they seem to treat their PC releases like prom night babies, abandoned as soon as they're out.
>>
>>378092493
>this faggot

Maybe if you stopped playing shit games you wouldn't have this retarded opinion.
>>
>>378091224
>>378092548
SE has improved upon the FF releases with every passing game.
>>
>>378092493
OP here, Nioh desu. The game was fun as hell for me and I loved the cutscenes and gameplay.

I think the real reason I'm underwhelmed with Automata is the Witcher 3. I really fell in love with that game and every RPG I've played since then has kind of felt half assed or souless. It's just too good.
>>
>>378091052
What the fuck did you expect?
All the 'PC is the Lead Platform' bullshit that their PR dept. spouted and gullible retards believed was just that, bullshit.
>>
File: faggot.gif (2MB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
2MB, 268x200px
>>378093381
>Nioh is not boring
>Automata is boring because it's not Witcher 3

>OP here

Yeah, i can fucking tell
>>
>>378093501
They said that they developed game on pc and ported to ps4, not that pc is the lead platform. Whatever that even means.
>>
>>378093381
>Witcher 3
>RPG
You think the Witcher 3 is better than any other RPG because actually don't like RPGs.
>>
File: witcher3gotyimage1.jpg (331KB, 1586x1048px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3gotyimage1.jpg
331KB, 1586x1048px
>>378094754
>>378093595
When are you lads going to let it go?
>>
>>378090586
I agree, not even one reference to racial or political controversy, how is the average channer supposed to be interested in something lacking such key aspects.
Stop making these threads
>>
>>378095020
Keep your shitposting to yourself you underage cunt. I'm not one of those drone faggots who tries to fit in by saying W3 is a bad game
>>
>>378091138
Infinite juggling is too easy and there isn't really much point in juggling anything when all the enemies die so fast.

I like the game but the gameplay's pretty boring, I just wanted to find out what happened next in the story.
>>
Post Commander
>>
>>378090586
How is that 2B manage to be so cute? I just want her to take her to a fancy restaurant after buying her the most expensive dress you can find in a huge mall.
>>
>>378095279
The story is the focus, not the gameplay. If you go in expecting amazing combat then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>378095461
That doesn't make the game any less disappointing since the combat should've been good.
>>
>>378095461
too bad the same can be said about the story, and the characters, and the quests, and the world.
>>
>>378095461
The second you post shit like that you get replies with people suddenly feeling justified in their absurd complaints. Don't do that, the gameplay is just fine for what it is.
Not the game's fault that some fucktard went in expecting to play Devil may cry and was dissapointed.
>>
>>378095781
Sorry, senpai. I realize the errors of my ways.
>>
>>378095781
>it's fine to have an action game with fucking awful gameplay
>it's an RPG i swear

Keep deflecting you pathetic fanboy
>>
Analysis: OP is a fag
>>
Negative non extremist opinion about Nier Automata here.

The gameplay is very fun in the first route, mainly because of the high production values and the novelty, everything feels really good and this route has the most challenge of all of them. The second route can still be fun at time but the hacking minigame being really underwhelming with easy generic patterns even at boss fights ruins the gameplay. If they added a layer of depth to it and made cool original hacking levels it would be a step up. Also maybe some perk where you can kill low tier enemies immediately without even playing the hacking game since it's pointless.

Now here comes the third route where you will finish your build. A level 4 weapon with some damage and critical increasing chips will absolutely destroy everything, even all the bosses in seconds. The gameplay becomes absolutely braindead and very very boring. The third route is an abomination when it comes to the gameplay, the only value is the satisfaction it gives to killing everything so fast.

Otherwise we have longer type of hacking minigames and the shmup, both of which are mediocre in gameplay but add some variation at least. The side quests are not really well done either gameplay wise. Story and world in the game is the selling point and although it's better than most games in this department I don't really feel that it was particularly well written or really original with its themes. OST is great, no question there.
>>
>>378095570
And the RPG mechanics.
>>
>>378095960
Just keep jerking off to the same 5 games that fulfill your autistic necessities to enjoy a game in your autistic general on /vg/.
>>
>>378096160
What does this even mean?
>>
>>378096057
Did you play on Normal because my experience so far couldn't be farther from that. I played on Hard since the beginning and both Route A and B were pretty easy. Route C on the other hand is absurd when you start out with the game throwing borderline unfair shit at you. Honestly, Route C is sapping out a lot of fun for me. The story seems interesting so far but some of these battles in route C isn't even fun or challenging. It's just annoying as fuck. I'm feeling more frustrated with certain parts in this route than any sort of satisfaction after conquering a "challenge".
>>
File: 1495704583463.jpg (114KB, 467x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1495704583463.jpg
114KB, 467x2046px
>>378091138
>>
>>378096278
It means you're a fucking idiot and most likely a newfag as well, apparently.
>>
>>378096302
You may need to reevaluate your chip layout. Or just use consumables which are completely broken in every way.

Hard mode is balanced terribly but basically nothing matters as long as you don't get one-shot. With decent chips and all pods, you do such a ridiculous amount of damage that nothing really poses a threat. Enemies just fold like paper.
>>
>>378096057
Pretty much this.

Route A: Great game.
Route B: Decent but really fucking annoying and tedious.
Route C: Starts off really good then rug gets pulled out from under you and you have to deal with playing as 9S again but do even more annoying and tedious bullshit.
Combat is really easy until you're doing the 3 key towers as 9S on route C and suddenly there's a couple of enemies that can one shot you out of nowhere, since those are really long sections with no save points you get royally fucked.
Soundtrack is god tier.
>>
File: (You).gif (4MB, 271x328px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
4MB, 271x328px
>>378096439
>"keep deflecting faggot"
>He actually does it

ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
File: Commander.png (756KB, 975x945px) Image search: [Google]
Commander.png
756KB, 975x945px
>>378090586
I'm not defending it. Chapter select confirms that you are replaying most of the game during 9S's storyline.

Weapon Damage +6 and Shockwave +6 were the only way I was able to beat the game. I would have dropped the game otherwise.
>>
>>378096467
>Hard mode is balanced terribly

Yeah I really have to agree here. There really should've been some sort of difficulty between normal and hard. In normal, you can tank just about most attacks but in hard, you basically get two-shot by most late-game things if you're not using enhancement items.

I feel like a lot of this annoying garbage is from Taro's input because I can't imagine Platinum making some of these gameplay decisions.
>>
>>378096720
Sauce on that gif please
>>
>>378096720
Just get off the internet already, no one wants you here.
Fucking parents shouldn't let their shitkids use computers.
>>
>>378096958
Platinum was just in charge of other retarded gameplay decisions like their personal favorite: the spammable dodge with 60 minutes of active frames and 0 micro seconds of recovery
>>
>>378096958
Also it manages to fail both ways by being stupidly difficult in the beginning and unsatisfyingly easy once you get decent chips and a stack of consumibles you can't make a dent in.
>>
>>378090586
>it's another episode of archenemy being a part of protagonist
Why is this such a popular theme in japanese storytelling?
>>
>>378097145
To be fair though, they kinda had to have spammable dodge considering how much enemies the game throws at you in certain sections.
>>
>>378090586
This tells me more about you than anything else.
>>
>>378097198
Because rather than spending time doing actual writing Japanese writers can instead achieve greater success by reusing the same tropes that ever other piece of Japanese media uses.
>>
>>378095781
>dont point out the flaws in my favorite game or people wont think its perfect
>>
>>378095063
they do address societal beauty standards though
just think of all the retards out there that would prefer the androids being cows?
>>
>>378097482
>I can't read
Thanks for sharing.
>>
File: CakeofCakes.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
CakeofCakes.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>378097023
It's Mercy

from Overwatch
>>
A2 was a shit tier protagonist. When 2B and 9S finally started to interact in an interesting way they stopped putting them together.
>>
>>378096057
The criticism of the third route while valid pretty much describes any rpg at endgame level though.
>>
>>378097751
I meant it more as a link, but I think a trip to paheal with the tags "mercy" and "animated" shall suffice
>>
>>378093381
By that logic, you must be retarded if you think that nioh is not boring compared to bloodborne then.
>>
>>378097818
Nier didn't have to be an RPG. It was a pointless decision pleasing the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>378091052
because nippons devs have passion and care about their games, they make games because they love making games! no interest in profit!

also reminder that AC Unity was fixed long ago by this after its release

>muh based passionate nippon devs
topkek
>>
File: dis ninja....gif (3MB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
dis ninja....gif
3MB, 500x294px
>>378097943
Or you know, you could just read filenames
>>
>>378098060
Is this real life? I feel like I'm losing my sanity the more I look at your post.
How can a human being actually believe that?
>>
>>378090908
Kill yourself sex appeal does not make a good game
>>
>>378098435
And still, it's a fact. RPG elements kill modern video games no matter how much casuals enjoy them. Not all RPG elements are bad, customization isn't. But anything that has to do with leveling is absolute cancer.
>>
>>378098785
>levelling
Oh I see now, you're that guy. You're in all of these threads and I always berate you.
I apologize, I didn't realize that I was dealing with an actual handicapped person, how insensitive of me. Carry on..
>>
>>378099079
This is my first time bringing this up. I had no intention of triggering you but I guess every kind of opinion is enough to trigger someone on /v/.
>>
>>378099183
Alright fair enough, I apologize again.
I still think your mind is faulty because of your first post though.
>>
official nier automata tshirto review.

all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)

6/10 game. Had potential, wasted it.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.