[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they the best game developer of all time? Even disregarding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: qe009MFu_400x400.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
qe009MFu_400x400.png
13KB, 400x400px
Are they the best game developer of all time? Even disregarding persona?
>>
>>378088340
All their games are shallow shit. They are mobile crap for consoles
>>
>>378088394
How can anyone who has touched an Atlus game believe this?
>>
>>378088340
They are great ESPECIALLY disregarding Persona
>>
eoV neVer eVer
>>
>Atlus Tax
>clinical aversion to dual audio
>>
>>378088340
It's hard to call them that when Nintendo EAD still exists.
>>
>won't release their games on PC despite it being a very large western audience
>clear disregard for quality control in western releases (see: the first 10 hours of Persona 5's english quality)
>killed off the Trauma franchise
>takes years and years and years and more years to release things
>shitty graphical quality in many releases, which is normally excusable, but not when they take so much time
>archaic mechanics that they refuse to update in more modern times, such as the main character fainting instantly triggering a game over in SMT and Persona titles inb4 fucking retards say this is somehow of any tactical value whatsoever
>go out of their way to prohibit the sharing of images and video regarding their game on the internet

Not a based company in any regard. The only good thing they do is release games that people like. Everything else is lacking.
>>
>>378089814
>archaic mechanics that they refuse to update in more modern times, such as the main character fainting instantly triggering a game over in SMT and Persona titles inb4 fucking retards say this is somehow of any tactical value whatsoever

Actually both SMT IV don't have this
>>
>>378090178
Shhh logic and facts have no effect on fanatics like him.
>>
>>378090178
But P5 does have it, and it's only one example of many where older mechanics are kept the way they are just because they've always been like that.
>>
>>378088340
>Even disregarding persona
but that would make them better
>>
>>378090467
The game is told from the protagonists POV. What is incongruent about the game ending when he dies?
>>
They got lucky from scoring Kaneko's designs early on and are still riding that inertia.
>>
>>378090760
EO and Catherine's art are good. It's hard to top SMT I to SJ's atmosphere but it's not like Atlus only has Kaneko
>>
>>378088340
>slow
>lazy
>reuse assets so hard morrigan in CVS2 is godly in comparison
>no respect for the western audience
>>
>>378090642
You don't die, you're knocked out. You can revive every other party member except him when they are knocked out. In SMT at least there was a reason for that to happen, your allies are demons and probably don't give a fuck about you and only a few of them can use items or revival magic anyway. In Persona my supposed best friends ever either don't give enough of a fuck to bring me back or are too retarded to go into the items menu and use one of the 50 revival items we have.
>>
>>378091172
Thanks for the bump you piece of excrement. Bet you'll try to tell me you saged the thread.
>>
Wacky Races was fun
>>
They aren't, but they made EO so they might as well be.
>>
>>378091248
This isn't a personal attack numbskull, I'm just answering the OP's question.
>>
>>378091326
I'm sorry. Why didn't you offer an alternative though?
>>
>>378089726
OP said developer. Not publisher/localizer
>>
>>378088394
>>378089814
never ever

But hell no, Rockstar is still the king.
>>
>>378091414
Maybe because I wanted to be seen as obnoxious so I'd have a followup post to hit back. I'm fucking bored.

I've not played many Atlas titles, those I have I think are good examples of their genres but not really my thing.

As for who is better, I'm not sure.
Nintendo first party development has obviously created more good games than anything else I can think of. But they're fucking massive and you need to investigate somewhat deeply to discover which people is actually behind a game.

I would also leap to answer Blizzard, if this was a universe where they never made anything after Warcraft 3. But they unfortunately did.

Same with Valve before Dodo 2.

At this point of my thought process it's hard to properly frame the question. I haven't played the first two persona games but according to all my weeb buddies they're both pretty trash.
Don't know if that's them being young cunts or not though.

Westwood once they came into their personal genre were amazing.

>>378091959
This is certainly a contender.

At the end of it all the best I can think of is probably id software.
>>
>>378088340
No, probably the worst.
>>
>>378091959
Rockstar? Fuck no, not with their cash shop jewing in GTA V and the refusal to add things to the multiplayer which people wanted.
>>
>>378092331
SICK fucking opinions. You're braindead.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.