[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep getting one shotted by regular enemies trying to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1474338966452.jpg (203KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474338966452.jpg
203KB, 1600x900px
I keep getting one shotted by regular enemies trying to find the divine beast tribes, what am I doing wrong?
>>
Do some shrines, the game is rough at 3 hearts.
>>
>>378086808
How many do I need? I have 5 hearts currently.
>>
>>378086881
I dunno, you don't "need" any specific number of hearts, you could just parry/flurry rush or avoid combat altogether. But if you want to survive a hit from an average Lizalfos, I think you should reach 7-8 hearts and maybe put on some clothes that provide a bit of defense.
>>
>>378086687
Go away and go back later.
Explore without using a guide, and if you see enemies that are too strong leave for a while.
EWnjoy the exploration and the world.
using a guide and/or maps literally kills the purpose of the game.
>>
>>378086687
Cook heart boosting shit. Tons of hearty radishes everywhere.
>>
>>378086687
The point of the design is that you CAN go anywhere you want, but the directions that the game does give you are given to your for a reason.

If you're having trouble, do the main quest the king sends you on right after the plateau, there's a bunch of useful stuff placed along that quest chain, like inventory expansions, armor upgrades (also available in 3 other locations), and the ability to track items in the environment instead of tracking shrines.
>>
Play a game that isn't a meme
>>
everyone I respect keeps saying this game is the greatest game ever but I just don't see it.
What is the appeal of this game? I've seen quite a bit of it but I still don't understand.

It all just seems so boring.
>>
File: 1491063162235.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491063162235.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>378087245

If youre having issues early on, upgrade the knight armor sold in Hateno from the great fairy shrine in Kakakakakrokiko village. The hardest parts of the game are definitely early on, just keep pushing through! :^)
>>
>>378086687
Cook hearty items alone (as 1 per cooking), will help you a lot in early game, do Shrines, focus on stamina first
>>
>>378087979
Well early game you usually get one-shot.

You could make armor food though, it halves damage.
>>
>>378087927
>>378088235

Just to add onto this, you can never get one-shot by attacks. If you're at full HP and eat an attack that would oneshot, it drops you down to a quarter of a heart. Just hoard food and youll be fine OP
>>
>>378088339
You literally haven't played the game.
>>
>>378086687
-Start making food that gives you more hearts. Herbs, radishes, ect.

Go to the Great Fairy Fountain in Kakariko, upgrade your Hylian Tunic and/or any other armor you've bought

Equip a one-handed weapon so you can shield enemy attacks, also get good at dodging and special attacks.

Also sell meals for fast money.
>>
>>378089250

Nah I'm pretty sure he's right. If you're at full health there's no enemy attack that can straight-up kill you in one hit. You can, however, still get hit then roll off a steep hill, which may take away your last bit of health.
>>
>Know when to fight and when to say fuck it and book it.
>Arrows are your friends, especially fire (or lightening on a rainy day)
>Use bombs to make your attack, and when you're running away. Gives enough time to get a couple of hits in.
>Learn to dodge.
>>
>>378088339
>>378089560
literally untrue
>>
>>378086687
>Dump all your shrine orby things into hearts, don't bother with more stamina until you have at least 13 hearts
>Upgrade your armor. Some of the armor you get early on like the sheikah set in Kakariko is easy to upgrade and gets you decent enough defence to survive a few hits
>Cook more food, eat more food. Buff yourself and heal yourself as required
>Use arrows to weaken enemies or even pick some off
>You don't even need to fight a lot of enemies, since the only drops you get are weapons and maybe monster parts.
>Try hunting around for better weapons as well, actually. If you have any battle trial shrines done, the guardians in there respawn every blood moon so you can farm them for some good guardian weapons
>>
>>378086687
Get to Kakariko and buy some armor. Then find the fairy fountain nearby and upgrade it.

Also, learn how to dodge. If an enemy is swinging their weapon from the side, jump backwards. If they're swinging straight down, thrusting forward, or shooting an arrow, jump to the side. If you're being ganged up on, run away, pull out a bomb, and drop it while you're running. Then explode the bomb when you're far enough away. If you don't trust your fighting ability, pick enemies off with a bow from a safe place. Make sure you get head shots. They stun enemies and get some extra damage.
>>
File: 1473378655967.jpg (53KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
1473378655967.jpg
53KB, 792x612px
>>378088339
>you can never get one-shot by attacks.
>>378089560
>If you're at full health there's no enemy attack that can straight-up kill you in one hit

have you even played the game?

OP, what you need to do early on is focus on shrines and side quests, finding hearty truffles,bass or radishes will healp you out big time by making overkill heart food.
iirc there are some hearty bass in kakariko village behind impas hut that you can farm

this thread makes em wanna play it again, just gotta wait for hardmode
>>
>>378087923
>seen quite a bit of it
It helps to play a game to understand what makes it good.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.