[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bethesda.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: Doom_Cover.jpg (109KB, 560x360px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Cover.jpg
109KB, 560x360px
Seems like Bethesda games are universally more well-received when they're not pretending to be RPG's. Are they just better at it? Then why keep making the faux RPG's with the growing negative reputation? Is it a "we know people will basically everyone will buy this no matter what" kind of thing in regards to quality? If so do they use the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games as a sort of fund-raising project for slightly more ambitious games with more quality control?
>>
>>378084109
Neither of those games were developed by Bethesda, which is why they're actually good.
>>
>>378084109
>Are they just better at it?
Different developers you moron.
>>
You realize none of those were developed by bethesda?
>>
>>378084109

Fucking idiot Bethesda is a publisher as well.
>>
>>378084109
Haven't played Prey so I can't give my opinion on it, but I loved Doom 2016 for the same reason I'm loving Nioh right now: it played great.
The movement, the weapons and their upgrades, the enemies, the game was just fun to play even with its shortcomings.
>>
I haven't played Prey, but there was so much fucking competence in DOOM that does not exist in new Elder Scrolls or Fallout. It's like Bethesda the developer just doesn't give a fuck at all, it's just okay for that many glitches, it's okay for the game to look that shitty, it's okay to have loading screens when entering houses in an open world game still. I feel like publisher stepped in and demanded they put quest markers and compasses and highlights in DOOM just to try to shit it up, but thankfully id saved the game anyway by allowing us to disable it. You can disable them in Fallout and Elder Scrolls too, but they're way too stupid to design a game where you can navigate without them.
>>
>>378084192
>>378084289
>>378084418
OK, but even as a producer they let a ton of stuff slip by. Hence "quality control"
>>
>>378084839
It's just that the developer is shitty and lazy and can no longer innovate and the publisher doesn't want to admit it since it shares the same name.
>>
>>378084965
But it doesn't even seem like they try to test their games beforehand with glitches (New Vegas and 4 being basically unplayable on launch) while the other games produced aren't known for glitches at all.
>>
Those games are not developed by Bethesda.
>>
>>378085134
>>378084839
>>
>>378085106
It helps that DOOM and Prey were not as glitchy in the first place.
>>
>>378084839
>but even as a producer they let a ton of stuff slip by
Because at then end of the day, Fallout/Elder Scrolls games still manage to bring in a ton of money. Why bother polishing your shit when people will gladly eat it (and sometimes defend it) anyway?
>>
>>378085743
That was mentioned in the OP.
>>
File: 1494466832484.png (118KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494466832484.png
118KB, 657x527px
WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE STILL THINK BETHESDA MADE TESO

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE STILL THINK BETHESDA MADE DISHONORED, DOOM, WOLFENSTEIN, ETC

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL THINK BETHESDA THE DEVELOPER IS THE SAME AS THE FUCKING PUBLISHER

IT MUST BE FUCKING INFURIATING TO BE A DEV ON A GAME PUBLISHED BY BETHESDA ONLY TO HAVE ALL OF THE 14 YEAR OLDS ON REDDIT AND /V/ THINK LE SKYRIM GUYS ACTUALLY MADE IT BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING SIMPLETONS

FUCK
>>
>>378086000
get over it loser
>>
>>378086000
>>378084839
Again. Anon, calm down.
>>
>>378085106
New Vegas was intentionally shipped broken so that they wouldn't have to pay Obsidian any bonuses or royalties. Fallout 4 is just shit.
>>
>>378086195
>New Vegas was intentionally shipped broken so that they wouldn't have to pay Obsidian any bonuses or royalties
Any proof of that? That's fucked up if true.
>>
>>378086000
Bethesda > your favorite video game developer

This is a fact that you would be foolish to try to dispute
>>
>>378086318
yeah man I swear Bethesda totally did that they cared more about shaming Obsidian than making money

I swear you faggots are brain dead, you are literally retarded
>>
I thought the gamers being entitled meme was a joke
>>
>>378086195
>>378086318
>>378086432
You're all retarded. Bethesda forced Obsidian into a contract that had a stipulation wherein they'd only be paid their bonuses if the game achieved a score of 85% or higher on metacritic, and it got an 84%.

There is some evidence that they impeded development in order to lower the chances it got an 85% or better, but at the end of the day, normie game jurnos did it for them.
>>
>>378086000
you know, devs don't really give a shit about what a bunch of autistic kids think about them on forums infested by virginfaggots and creeps
>>
>>378086318
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-15-obsidian-fallout-new-vegas-deal-with-bethesda-meant-bonus-payment-only-with-85-metacritic

They also only gave Obsidian 14 months to make it and didn't give them proper documentation for the engine. Think about that. One of the best games of our time was made in less than a third of the time a "AAA" release takes.
>>
>>378086432
>Shaming
I mean, it depends on whether they thought the financial success of New Vegas with royalties would be less profitable than a shit game with less money and time put into it (If they thought it would be less successful already.)

Why does that make me retarded?
>>378086756
>Hey is this thing true
>YOU'RE RETARDED
>but actually it was kind of like that
OK.

And what's the proof of that? (The rushed for >85% thing)
>>
>>378086769
You'd be surprised how much people actually care

t. ex-guerilla games dev
>>
>>378084109
You should be more concise with your question.
>>
>>378087056
Yeah, sorry about that.
>>
>>378086926
>And what's the proof of that? (The rushed for >85% thing)
The fact that the game is like half-finished? And it doesn't take that huge of a leap in logic. It's like a carnival game. It looks fair but they tilt the odds against you.

Bethesda did the same thing but worse with Human Head and tried doing the same thing to Arkane but it didn't work. They basically set unreachable goals for their devs to make them go bankrupt, and then swoop in and "save" them buy buying them out entirely.
>>
>>378087347
>Bethesda did the same thing but worse with Human Head and tried doing the same thing to Arkane but it didn't work. They basically set unreachable goals for their devs to make them go bankrupt, and then swoop in and "save" them buy buying them out entirely.
I didn't know about that. Thank you for the information, Anon!
>>
>praising bethesda
Need a special kind of retard for that.
>>
>>378087591
>Implying implications.
>>
>>378086325
No you fucking idiot, Atlus is better.
>>
>>378084109
>typical bethesda shill making up stuff and lying

I guess anyone related to Bethesda just by default express this behavior.

Only Prey was directed by Bethesda, since they bought the right, cancelled original and let Arkane develop nu-Prey. And it is a boring biocuck clone.

Only DOOM tirned out good and ONLY because it wasn't BEthesda doing, By the time they acquired ID the latter already been knee deep in new DOOM development so bethesda could not affect much and it probably would not work well because ID are more mature and serious developer and you can;t just throw them around like kids.

So basically, our post shows that there is literally no good game came out from Bethesda.

Ironic.
>>
>>378087879
>>typical bethesda shill making up stuff and lying
Literally what.
>>
>>378087776
Has Altus made a game that has achieved the success of or hadn't he critical acclaim of Bethesda franchise games like Fallout 3/4, Skyrim, Oblivion, etc.?

Oh no? Ok lmao
>>
>>378088483
Persona 5 asshole.
>>
>>378088606
Didn't achieve Skyrims/Fallouts success

Next weeb
>>
>>378088685
>shit boring games
>success
kek
>>
>>378086000
Checked
>>
>>378088685
You said critical acclaim and it has a 94% metacritic score: equal to Shitrim and greater than the other games you mentioned. End your life.
>>
>>378086000
>triplets
>good post triggering bethesda-drones

happy
>>
>>378088606
Persona 5 is shit, and I say that as a weeb and massive SMT fan.

Persona 5 is a repetitive, mediocre dungeon cralwer with mediocre Visual Novel elemets. It's not good, AND it comes 10 years after tow games that were exactly the same. But it's stylish and has good music, so I guess that makes it good? The only reason it has a 94% or whatever on Metacritic is because Normie critics do this annoying-ass thing where they rate games in Japanese series progressively higher. Like how Dark Souls 3 is apparently god tier, and so is Metal Gear Solid 4, and Pokemon Su/Mo too, just to name a few.

It's shit.
>>
>>378088983
It triggered no one though. No one in this thread is unironically defending Bethesda, not even the OP.
>>
>>378089218
But western critics generally knock 10% off simply because a game is Japanese. That's why the high score is so surprising.

What world do you live in?
>>
>>378087879
Before Beth acquired id they were working on Doom 4 which was basically Doom 3: Electric Boogaloo. It was after Bethesda took over that they scrapped it and made it more like the classic games. Really, the only egregious misstep Bethesda made was shoehorning multiplayer.

And I thought the new Wolfensteins and Dishonored 1 (haven't played 2 yet) were pretty good.
>>
Prey is more of an RPG than TES/Fallout
>>
>>378090719
What's it like, Anon?
>>
neither of those are made by bethesda,just published
also Doom is fucking garbage, people that actually like it must have fucking brain damage
>>
>>378090719
No it's not you stupid nigger
>>
>>378090719
100% agree.

I expected Prey to be a turd based on the trailers expecting it to be just another dumb corridor shooter.

Instead it's an interesting survival RPG and I consider it to be system shock 3.

Story is also surprising and not cliche + really good soundtrack https://youtu.be/VBLjUxSUCBk

This will probably be my GOTY if nothing better comes out.
>>
>>378090465
Hi Todd
>>
>>378091274
>also Doom is fucking garbage, people that actually like it must have fucking brain damage

finally someone who has sense finally said it, but-DOOM is a terrible fucking waste of a game
>>
>>378084109
Not really, contrarian fanboy retards who hate the series becoming more popular than they would have ever been if Bethesda didn't save them will always find reasons to nittpick on them you can't please fanboys, so make succesful games instead and ignore the autists.
>>
File: 20170525000959_1.jpg (947KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170525000959_1.jpg
947KB, 1920x1080px
>>378091372
>and I consider it to be system shock 3
I feel exactly the same way. It's way more a spiritual sequel than Bioshock was. Also, it has references all over the place. Something I don't think Bioshock had.
It's definitely not better than SS1 or 2, but it's a worthy sequel. Kind of like Thief 3.
>>
>>378090264
It's a paradigm they give hyped up jap-shit good scores, and knock 10 points off of everything else.
>>
>>378091408
That opinion is not something weird to see here, there is always people who wanted a 1:1 clone of classic Doom and anything the new game did well like gunplay, combat and level design gets instantly discarded by the autistic obsessive fanboy mentality.

I love Bethesda for being one of the devs that actually like shitting on this people instead of enocuraging them, if they want old garbage that holds back the industry they should stick buying shovelware made by Obsidian.
>>
>>378091969
>I love Bethesda for being one of the devs that actually like shitting on this people instead of enocuraging them, if they want old garbage that holds back the industry they should stick buying shovelware made by Obsidian.
You blew it.
>>
>>378091969
>1:1 clone of classic Doom
nobody expected it to be exactly like the original (and it wouldn't work anyway) but they didn't learn anything from the original games which are the gold standard for FPS but rather did their own thing and the end result was a complete fucking mess of a game.
At this point smaller scale indie game are succeeding where multi-million dollar AAA projects fail
>>
>>378091705
Todd....
>>
>>378092639
>At this point smaller scale indie game are succeeding where multi-million dollar AAA projects fail

Because it takes literally zero talent to copypaste old concepts, Doom didn't had anything to learn from the classics, it's a solid shooter on its own and a good one at that, level design, movement and combat are all good, visuals and tech (which is important as well btw) too meet very high quality standards as well, the game had a pretty good reception btw so i don't know where are you getting its a mess from, i guess people like you are better off playing cheaply made clones without any gameplay or even technological merit but copypasting from the classics.
>>
>>378093486
>it takes literally zero talent to copypaste old concepts, Doom didn't had anything to learn from the classics
>solid shooter on its own and a good one at that, level design, movement and combat are all good
I'm sorry you don't understand basic game design concepts brain damage-kun
>>
>>378092565
I'm not trying to get people on my side, fuck nostalgia retards with a rusty machete in the ass, when you become someone who actually understands they are the part of the core problems why this industry and the genre can't move forward you will learn to hate their worthless kind.

Strafe, Reflex, Diabotikal.. all garbage, low budget shovelware that has no future but pandering to nostalgia babies, this games and people who support him needs to gtfo and just stick to playing the actual classics so they don't keep getting in the way of games that actually have a chance of keeping the genre alive and going forward. Shooter games were always about pushing the limits both gameplay and tech wise of the industry, stagnation and clones, its worst enemies.
>>
>>378094216
I feel like you're conflating a lot of groups of people together here.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.