[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the Evangelion of video games? Or was it Metal Gear Solid 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0038.jpg (122KB, 800x800px)
IMG_0038.jpg
122KB, 800x800px
Is this the Evangelion of video games? Or was it Metal Gear Solid 2?
>>
Drakengard 1

Automata is Madoka
>>
>>378081487

No, that's Xenogears.
>>
Who cares?
>>
File: KatamariDamacybox.jpg (39KB, 263x382px) Image search: [Google]
KatamariDamacybox.jpg
39KB, 263x382px
>>378081487
No, this is
>>
>>378082627
me
>>
>>378081487
I would say that xenogears is Evangelion and Automata the Rebuild movies. both awesome in their own way
>>
>>378081847
That is really fucking apt.
>>
>>378081847
Yeah, I guess there is a little bit of Madoka in there.
>>
>>378081487
>>378081487
? automata's plot isn't hard to understand or cryptic or anything it's just spread out among multiple media...85% or so being the game
>>
>>378083090
>automata's plot isn't hard to understand or cryptic or anything
Neither is Evangelion's.
>>
There isn't an evangelion of video games.
>>
>>378083090
Not that I agree with OP, but that's exactly like Evangelion.

The plot is straightforward but all of the vital background information is in side shit.
>>
More importantly, is this a low key Eva thread?
>>
>>378083145
>Neither is Evangelion's.

yeah evangelion's is just nonsense that has changed 4 times and can't actually be coherently followed.

GOOD THING WE'RE FINALLY GETTING THE TRUE ENDING TO IT ALL, SOON :)) :)
>>
>>378083276
>The plot is straightforward but all of the vital background information is in side shit.

absolutely none of evangelion's vital material is in side shit. it just has to be explained to you
>>
>>378083319
You'd honestly have to be retarded if you can't follow Eva's plot.
>>
>>378081847
Drakengard 3 is more Madoka than Automata
>>
>>378083276
Uh no, EVA+EoE are a complete experience, everything else is irrelevant
>>
I still don't 100% know what was going on in Automata, but I'm also a retard.
>>
>>378083407
FAR, the Black Moon, what the Angels are actually doing, and what Instrumentality entails are all vital to the plot.
>>
>>378083578
>FAR
Nice little detail, but unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
I think the rest are explained in EoE, and the motives of the angels in NGE. I'm not sure.

I really need to rewatch this show.
>>
>>378081847
The beginning isn't as offensively awful as Madoka is just to trick people, but I guess it's similar.
>>
The people that compared nier to mgs2 are retarded, nier took way too long for anything interesting to happen and the twists weren't even that good.
>>
File: 58915336_p13.jpg (190KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
58915336_p13.jpg
190KB, 600x600px
I wish automatababies would stop acting like their game is deep when they haven't played the other games
>>
>>378083817
FAR's the entire premise of the show and the Black Moon shows up in EoE with no explanation. If you don't know what they are, most of EoE probably just comes across as trippy visuals.

Seriously, FAR and their scheme explains everything.

Definitely rewatch it though, and try to black out as much of the side stuff as possible.
>>
>>378081487

overrated piece of garbage made by a insane otaku? Maybe.
>>
>>378081487
Nah, Automata has a 30 hour tutorial
>>
>>378082719
>I would say that xenogears is Evangelion and Automata the Rebuild movies

Xenosaga being the rebuilds makes more sense.
>>
>>378081847
I really like this comparison, but they're almost like opposites that deal with the same elements.

Maokda is about how humanity deals with living in an absurd, cruel, and shitty universe, and people breaking out of a cycle of despair by creating god to try to put order and sensibility and make the universe out to be a less shitty place.

Meanwhile in Nier Automata, the world is a kind of okay place, and the story is basically about people putting themselves into a cycle of despair by trying to create order and meaning that isn't there, notably including making gods and religions for themselves.

Nier Automata is the Waiting for Godot of video games.
>>
>>378081487
devil survivor 2 is the evangelion of video games because it's a giant fucking ripoff of it
>>
>>378085703
Please respond, I want to have an earnest and heartfelt discussion about 2deep4u shit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.