[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guilty Gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 25

File: GGXRDR2logo.jpg (18KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
GGXRDR2logo.jpg
18KB, 350x231px
>game just got released today
>preordered it since I'm in the mood to put some effort in a fighting game and know GG is a safe license
>Go into training mode, just to get the mechanics and some combos
>Decide to go in ranked online, thinking i'll meet some newcomer like me
>get matched
>I literally don't touch him once, he rekt me and leave immediately after I got humiliated

Now, take note i'm not a total newbie, I like Street Fighter a lot even though the V is a joke, but I have some remorse for buying GG, I had trouble to find a match and I feel even the bottom players are seasoned.

Did I make a mistake ?
>>
Were you expecting to never lose at video games or something
>>
Anime fighters are more akin to Marvel in what they reward rather than Street Fighter and if you try to play with just SF fundamentals you will get destroyed by some guy knocking you down, putting a fireball on top of you and then mixing you up over and over

Generally niche fighting games have a fanbase of people who at least have a basic grasp of the game with few absolute beginners outside of like day 1
>>
>>378067305
No I just expected to find players with my skill lvl since i'm at the bottom of the ranked mode.
I don't mind losing, but getting stomped without understanding anything is something else
>>
>>378067167
just mash buttons
so many combos you can make shit up as you go, the key is just not to be slower than the opponent at a game like gg.
>>
>>378067167
the majority of people who bought this game are vets. you play some training and then jump into ranked online.
how were you expecting this to play out bruh.

also git gud
>>
>>378067527
Maybe you sure actually learn how to play the game first.

There is mission mode. Go do it.
>>
>>378067454
You say that like Street Fighter didn't massively reward knockdowns into wakeup pressure mixups until they overmemed themselves with "muh honest neutral game"
>>
File: VenomCombo.webm (2MB, 420x316px) Image search: [Google]
VenomCombo.webm
2MB, 420x316px
>>378067167
If you aren't learning or (most importantly) having fun losing or winning, ya gotta question yourself my dude.

That and I think you've obviously overestimated yourself thinking you won't get bopped on your first day.
>>
File: 1494336089181.png (135KB, 537x347px) Image search: [Google]
1494336089181.png
135KB, 537x347px
Guilty Gear is easy to learn at a surface level but due to the mechanics it's also the one fighting game where there's going to be a huge fucking skill gap between players who are scrubs and players who are experienced. You're going to get wrecked a lot and there's no way around it. That said I'd say getting wrecked in the game helps you get better too because it forces you to learn the universal mechanics. Training your BnBs is one thing but you gotta make it a habit to know everything that's gonna allow you to close the distance. Also keep in mind a huge chunk, perhaps most people jumping into Rev 2, are going to be those who are upgrading from Revelator, so don't expect it to be newcomer central.

There's no easy way out here, you're gonna have to toughen it out, but if there's any fighting game that's going to force you to get good whether you like it or not, this is gonna be it.
>>
File: 1408214598518.gif (1MB, 189x200px) Image search: [Google]
1408214598518.gif
1MB, 189x200px
>Fighting community is the most fanatical competitive genre in all of videogames; more than MOBA's, FPS' and gook RTS' combined.
>Only experience is a couple of minutes in training mode; maybe memorized a combo or two.
>Jump straight into ranked, where your opponent is least likely to fuck around.

hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>378067167
>>378067527

It just came out... unless rankings carried over I don't see the issue, even the seasoned people will start low - wait a week for the rankings to shuffle.
>>
DUDE OKI LMAO
>>
>>378067679
>Guilty Gear is easy to learn at a surface level
How come I still suck then?
>>
File: EasyGame.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
EasyGame.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>378067167
I see you've had enough of us telling you to git gud, so instead of bitching about it, how about you tell us what character your playing or what are some things you're having trouble with, so you can git gud.
>>
>>378067673
Nah, as I said, it's allright to loose, but here I couldn't understand what was going on, flashy moves everywhere, he put me in the corner with various mix ups and I couldn't even throw a light punch.

The thing is, I like to learn with newbies like me in ranked mode (losing or winning w/e) and still training my char on the side.

It's a bit frustrating to stay in training and missions for weeks before going online and still getting rekt.

I mean, that's cool, the game as skill, but the fun side is note here. I should have informed myself a bit more
>>
Cant wait to get it on PC next week

using a DS4 controller is alright right?
>>
>>378067983
Few, the game ask skill but the fun side is not here*
>>
File: 1485603849937.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485603849937.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
I thought the release was tomorrow
>>
>>378068024
>using a DS4 controller is alright right?
If its your preference/good at it, then yeah
I play on KB/Pad
>>
File: 1494428468744.jpg (11KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
1494428468744.jpg
11KB, 177x177px
>>378067895
I said easy to learn at a SURFACE level. What I mean by that is there's a super elaborate tutorial you can go through and even a very detailed mission mode that actually goes into character specific matchups. Out of all modern fighting games out there right now, Guilty Gear Xrd is probably the one that has the most explicit training wheels out of any game - it details every system, how battles work, how characters work and even has the obligatory beginner-friendly combo system where you just press buttons.

The point is it eases you in, but you're not going to win by just practicing a couple of combos and jumping straight into ranked. Learning how the game works is easy but applying it is a long battle that you're not going to get good at in just one day.
>>
>>378067527
There is no video game with a skill gap in existence where you won't get lit the fuck up in the bottom ranks, because there is no video game in existence where new accounts are automatically put at their correct rank without playing.
>>
>>378067958
Anyway, the community seems to be nice. I want to main Jam
But I think i'm gonna tryhard the dojo a lil bit more.
The only thing that worry me is that I had trouble finding someone, i'm on ps4
>>
>>378067983
>>378068024
Dunno if you've seen this or not, but this might help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2PqSH4HKg&t=1s
>>
>>378068236
No no, anon. I'm not OP, I just suck.
Can't even beat Mission Mode and Ramlethal kicks my shit in Xrd Sign's Arcade.
>>
>>378067527
You wouldn't understand why you lost because you barely understand the mechanics you donut. How about you go learn the game first before immediately blaming the game for not matching you with someone your level when the game JUST came out.
>>
>>378068448
This is perfect (and it's exactly what happened to me at the beginning ahaha), thanks !
>>
File: Jam.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jam.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>378068446
Aight. To tell you the truth, you'll need that community since the memes on GG not being played is somewhat true. There are only certain hours of the day where there is heavy traffic, and it'd be best to join a discord group/face/locals/whatever to set up fights.

As for Jam, you've picked quite the rushdown character. Pressure pressure pressure, thanks to her Instant AirDash blockstrings, he puffballs, etc. Look up LOX or Teresa for high level play.
>>
>>378068448

Thanks

but I sort of have not played a fighting game since like Soul Calibur 6 I heard GG is not that hard to get into but the fighting game general was no help
>>
>>378068927

The fighting game general is never help /vg/ is a terrible

GG is not hard but stick to training and maybe use characters like Sol Badguy or Slayer
>>
File: 1495576069455.jpg (77KB, 1280x746px) Image search: [Google]
1495576069455.jpg
77KB, 1280x746px
>>378067167
getting your ass wooped in GG is normal.

The moves might seem flashy but most of those are simply normals, they just look stylish, once you get to know what is what you wont have much trouble figuring out what is going on the screen.

The tutorial teaches you some stuff but only the very basic, so don't rely solely on it.

My advice is to play to A.I on Hard and manic in versus mode or arcade mode, not only the a.i is not mas cheap as in SF5 but it uses a lot of BnB block strings so you can learn a bit of matchups and experiment strategies/counters trough it.

If you want to hop online just make a beginners lobby and ask for help. It takes a while but you will eventually find a character that you gravitates towards and learn the game from there.
>>
>>378068821
Thanks, usually i'm a very defensive/counter player, what character would you tell me to play ?
>>
>>378067167
People who play anime fighters are some of the most autistic people on the planet. Even at the lower skill levels you're playing against people who do nothing but play these games for years.
>>
File: mugi hand.jpg (58KB, 520x539px) Image search: [Google]
mugi hand.jpg
58KB, 520x539px
I'm also a newfag. How's the single player content?
>>
>>378069118
Allright thanks I'll do that. It's really cool the community is not the "Get good or get the fuck out" kind, you give advices and all.
I'll stick to the game
>>
File: purejoy.jpg (24KB, 402x291px) Image search: [Google]
purejoy.jpg
24KB, 402x291px
>>378067167
>Now, take note i'm not a total newbie, I like Street Fighter a lot
implying you're anything but total trash at street fighter, when you come crying the instant you lose to someone in a game you haven't learned yet
>>
>>378068469
What specifically gives you trouble with Mission Mode, is it specific tasks against certain characters or is it something like having to do a combo on your own?

Ramlethal is a pretty intimidating opponent as a newcomer since she has really good mixup capabilities and corner pressure. You're going to want to practice your Faultless Defenses and Fuzzy Blocking. It's a good idea in general to try getting used to those universal mechanics. What character do you play?
>>
>>378069408
story is an animu movie.
Episode modes are your classic arcade gameplay.
M.O.M is a grindfest
Combo puzzles are ok
>>
File: Flicks.webm (889KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Flicks.webm
889KB, 640x360px
>>378068927

What exactly is messing you up? Well, since your green, I'll just say that the mindset for playing should be like this:

Movement is important. Mostly every character in this game can come at you fast, can escape fast. It's your character that wants to do these things too, and it's your job to throw out moves that will hopefully tag them while either of you weave in and out of each other's attacks.

>>378069262

Defensive or counter type characters in this game...I'd say people like Baiken, Potemkin, Slayer, Axl. I'd throw in Sol, Ky, and Sin for being simple too.
>>
File: 1457049644491.png (8KB, 196x245px) Image search: [Google]
1457049644491.png
8KB, 196x245px
>>378069408
Story mode is good
Speaking of story mode I can't get the game anytime soon so you fucks better not post spoilers
>>
>>378069729
Allright, I think i'm gonna main Baiken, I like the character too
>>
>>378069262
>>378069729
I'd add Dizzy and Venom too, but as far as I know they're not easy regarding execution
>>
File: 1495576340582.jpg (68KB, 773x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1495576340582.jpg
68KB, 773x1400px
>>378069262
not the same guy but you can try axel, he is a zoner and all he needs is a read to get huge damage, he also has a high and low counter, baiken is also very defensive and works around oponents mistakes, Leo is really offensive but he can counter after a slash or hard slash wiff and while in his second stance. Potemkim might also b e your thing but he is a grappler and lacks a lot of tools that the rest of the cast has, like a forward dash, but he takes the most out of counters and his gameplay is pretty easy if you have the reads for it.

>>378069421
It also helps to do the combo challenges and the missions, combo challenges have beginner, intermediary and hard challenges for every character and missions have specific challenges that can be done with every character, forcing you to use different chanters or trying to figure out ways to do everything with your character, it teaches stuff like tick throws for example.

M.O.M is a nice single player mode for a little bit of extra challenge but i just play it for funzzies.

>>378069408
it has a lot of single player stuff, some of them are above, it also has arcade mode, a story mode(which is pretty much a movie) and a figure mode to fuck around with character instances.
>>
>game just came out today
>actually comes out tomorrow
>>
I'm watching GG and it looks super fast. Fuck, it looks like you really gotta learn how to block like a pro in MvC. The high and low mixups are too much.
>>
>>378070148
>>game just came out today
in japan
>>
>>378067167

It's the hardest fighting game out there at the moment, in my opinion. There's a giant burden of knowledge for match ups, combos, and mechanics, etc. One thing that annoys the hell out of me is the different character weight classes. You can't expect to do a combo that works on everyone because of that and even within so-called universal combos, you have to have vary their timing at points for certain characters. To top it off, I still don't know when to FD and when not to. The game is just overwhelming.
>>
Can someone confirm the PS4 digital price?
>>
>>378070148
It's passed midnight in Asia and most European territories.
>>
>>378069530
>What specifically gives you trouble with Mission Mode
I just don't get how to do combos and connect them properly in general, all of my attempts tend to push my character back instead of the opponent.

And for some reason I can't seem to do Quarter Circle Forward Twice even though I can do it backwards almost every time.

>Ramlethal is a pretty intimidating opponent as a newcomer since she has really good mixup capabilities and corner pressure.
Yeah she's at least got a pattern in Arcade, so I've beaten her once with May. Albeit barely beaten.

>Fuzzy Blocking.
That wasn't mentioned in the tutorial, at least not by that name. What's that?

>What character do you play?
I'm best at Sol, Slayer and Ramlethal, but I like I-no more.
>>
>>378070663
Fuzzy blocks are covered in the mission section
>>
>>378069891
www.keeponrock.in
a data base where matches of high level players get saved
>>
File: RagingDemon.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RagingDemon.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>378070178
There's usually minimum 2 answers for 1 situation you're put in as long as the opponent didn't condition you there being only one.

Instant block, faultless defense, chicken blocking, DP's, mashing out, defensive throws, bursts, back-dashing, wake-up supers (lol)...I mean yea, high-lows exists, but the pressure in this game lasts 1~2 seconds before the attacker has to back off, due to push-back and all those examples above. The previous iteration of this game, Accent Core, was way more egregious with that high-low bullshit.

>>378070261
Eh, there's only really 3 weight classes, and you can tell the fat characters are the heaviest and vice versa. All it is, is a balancing tool for that character (pot is heavy, so normal combos don't work, but specialized combos do more damage).
>>
File: 1495577618388.png (435KB, 966x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1495577618388.png
435KB, 966x1400px
>>378070178
It looks pretty fast because you can cancel all the normals into each other with any character and you can use command attacks after that.
>>378070261
You don't need that much knowlegde to play the game, knowing your matchup helps but you can pretty much play teh game with some bnbs and knowing when to block.

All the characters can combo from p o k to S and/ or HS, being it in air, ground or crouched, it is similar to marvel only with a few more buttons.

FD is used when you have meter to spend and wants to save yourself from chip damage, but you take a little more time to recover from blocking, it is just another mechanic you have to manage with your meter just like every other mechanic in the game.
>>
>>378070930
Is it that thing where you block a low hit in their combo, then rise quickly to block the high hit? I don't recall that being named in there though.
>>
>>378067527
>I don't mind losing, but getting stomped without understanding anything is something else

if you dont understand anything then you are a complete newbie. and since there's not a lot of people playing these niche animu fighters, there arent many complete newbies around.
>>
NO ROBO-KY

NO ROBO-BUY
>>
>>378067527
Most players are at the bottom of ranked mode because no one really bothers with ranked in Xrd. Player lobbies are faster, more convenient, and make it easier to find opponents with good connections.
>>
>>378070261
Oh and to specifically tell you what faultless defense does:

By holding two buttons(I think not dust)+blocking, you drain your meter to increase pushback when your opponent attacks you. You can also use this to whiff punish attacks as well as prevents chip damage. You really only need to tap it to have its effect. People also use it to halt their running animation, since those have a recovery.

Anyways, the drawbacks include, of course, losing your meter. More importantly, it gives you more recovery on your block - which means if your opponent notices you FDing, they can use ways to extend their pressure or put in a throw.

Air FDing allows you to block grounded attacks, as without them, you just get hit. People also use FD to cancel their jump start up to immediately escape to the air on wake-up, although that loses to certain strats too.

TLDR, to actually answer your question, you should FD when:

-you want to escape opponent's pressure
-prevent chip damage
-block ground attacks in the air

daas it mane
>>
>>378070261
A general rule is to FD when blocking in midair because you can't block standing anti airs. Other than that, FD pushes the attacker away more than regular blocks.
>>
>>378067167
>Decide to go in ranked online
First mistake, of course your opponent will rekt you without pity.
Go into a normal lobby, you will certainly find good people for learning more things, but if you don't have fun even when losing, then you should probably stop right now.
>>
>tfw can't decide between Answer or Baiken
>>
>>378067167

Your mistake was playing ranked, join a beginners-only lobby. Nobody plays ranked in GG.
>>
>>378072128
Right now, I'd say Answer>Baiken. He's fast, has mix-ups and a command throw, and got range on his moves. Kind of weak defensively though.

Baiken, while still good, just isnt' good enough imo. Her pressure and mix-up are decent, but so is everyone else. Her new defensive stance is nifty, but it's too hard for what others do easier. Especially if you want to do it during blockstun (I think 1~3 frames active, which is too tight for the reward they give you).
>>
File: giphy (5).gif (634KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (5).gif
634KB, 500x300px
>>378070663
>I just don't get how to do combos and connect them properly in general, all of my attempts tend to push my character back instead of the opponent.
While it might be hard to combo on the fly, try to see first if your character of choice doesn't have a combo in the Combo Mode challenges that you can use. Some Dust Combos might work, or if the game gives you tension you can try canceling a simple gatling combo into something with more damage. It can seem daunting but they usually don't have to be too complicated, try looking up combos online for your character and see if you can apply any easy ones that can lead into a special move (or just use Potemkin I suppose).

As for double qcf motions, best thing I can say about this is just try practicing the motion until it sticks, although in this case you might be at the mercy of what you use as your controller (not sure if you use D-Pad, your control stick or even an arcade stick).

>>378071323
The idea is that certain characters you fight against have the ability to cancel their attacks into high/low mixups but that since their respective attacks hit the opponent on different frames, it makes it possible for you to block against both possible outcomes. My memory is a bit fuzzy (no pun intended) on the Ramlethal matchup but if I remember correctly she's one of the characters where learning fuzzy blocking is important because she has a huge slew of of high-low mixups, and I think one of the Mission Mode tutorials has you employing it against her.
>>
>>378072420
>(I think 1~3 frames active, which is too tight for the reward they give you).
Yeah, i was getting my shit kick with baiken against the ai because i didn't know you had to commit to you attack options after her counter.
>>
>>378072420
Answer's mixup game doesn't seem that strong to me even with scrolls up. Everything off of them hits mid aside from the telegraphed low that's unsafe as fuck and his best real mixups look to be side swaps off the scrolls that you really only get midscreen. His pressure looks solid and he does have the command throw but Baiken's got great corner carry off practically any pickup and an instant overhead.
>>
>>378072475
I suppose it really does just come down to repetition and good judgement when learning how to play, huh? Guess I've just gotta keep trying.
I just use the PS4 D-pad.

I think I can already do that Fuzzy thing if it's what I'm thinking of, though I'm also a little fuzzy on the details.
>>
WHENS Z A P P A
>>
File: SolKy.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SolKy.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>378072970
Fair enough. I'm just mostly basing it off of Sharon playing Baiken. I'm not too impressed. I mean, now that she has to time her counters during blockstun really makes mixing her up less scary.
>>
>>378067167
>I'm not a total newbie

Seems like it if you got double perfected.
>>
File: yuyushiki yukari balloon.jpg (84KB, 765x709px) Image search: [Google]
yuyushiki yukari balloon.jpg
84KB, 765x709px
All this talk makes it seem insurmountable.

How godly is the tutorial?
>>
>>378073859
The tutorial does a good job at introducing the most basic stuff, mission mode is where you'll find the real in-depth tutorials that go over every mechanic, advanced tech, and some character-specific match-up knowledge.
>>
>>378073859
the advanced movement tutorial is finding a good venom to body you from across the screen
>>
>>378073859
>do this simple thing about 5 times
>yay you did it!
>next lesson

It's simple and good. There's a lot too, but they try to be as succinct as possible.
>>
>>378073859
>>378073859
Tutorial + Missions mode + Challenge mode of your character, don't forget the Mission Mode (you can learn some basic match up with it).
There is no equivalent in other fighting games than the one in Xrd.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2OHXPtzZg
>>
>>378073859
The good thing about fighting games that most people ignore is the climb to the top. Everything is something new. Even fighting the comp is enjoyable. A fighting game's greatest strength comes from it's complexity in my opinion, since there is nothing more satisfying than getting that hard earned win.
>>
File: RiporonniSolioli.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RiporonniSolioli.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>378074641
I dug this up, just for you anon~
>>
>>378067983
Are you playing on PS4 or PC? Dustloop has a discord and you can maybe find a newbie lobby to join up.
>>
File: 20170525_165651.jpg (209KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_165651.jpg
209KB, 648x1152px
hnnnnngh roboky when
>>
File: IMG_1535.png (7KB, 358x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1535.png
7KB, 358x228px
>>378075418
delet
>>
File: Cv3lL51UIAAj9xS.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cv3lL51UIAAj9xS.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>378075761
At least Robo-Ky's been playable in at least one game
>>
>>378077080
>>378075761
>bunch of non-playable characters like zappa, that man, and the mooks get avatar heads in sign and revelator
>roboky doesn't get his avatar head until rev2
ROBOKY CONFIRMED
>>
What are the places in Leo's blockstrings that are safe to mash out? I can anticipate the crossover rekka so I can grab him out of it, but his standard pressure game is hard for me to read outside of bursting.
>>
>>378067527
Other people need to work their way up first retard
>>
>>378067527
Rev2 is an expansion and bottom rank is filled with people who spend all their time on practice mode learning combos and mixes up or people who are good at the game, but never really played online for some reason, so they destroy any noob playing the game

Block nigga GG is faster than SF, you need to block fast before you get blized like hell and back
>>
>>378078240
Read up.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s733/sh/7e53ba64-cbdd-4ace-b24d-b3d1f67b8093/d3cc40d32ace0fcd8f70d79d767d4c51
>>
>>378079938
>but never really played online for some reason
Its more like no one actually cares about rank in arcsys games and usually only play in player lobbies.

Its not like sf where everyone jerks off over their ranking
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.