[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wich fighting game should i get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 25

File: mortalkombatx.jpg (196KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
mortalkombatx.jpg
196KB, 1080x600px
Also Fight games discussion thread!

>Is Street Fighter V really that bad?

>Pro/Cons of Injustice 2 in comparison to MKX

>Is Skull girls top-tier?
>>
Get For Honor. It's not a traditional fighting game, hell it isn't a fighting game at all, but it's a nice change of pace from generic 2D garbage. If you are going to get an actual fighting game though, get Xrd.
>>
>>378066801
Six years of 3s experience here. Fighting games stagnate over time. Games like For Honor are using inherently good fighting game concepts in fresh ways. The 2D genre is falling off hard and the shit sales of all recent fighting games is proof of that. If anything we'll just see more Tekken spinoffs with popular IP's.
>>
>>378066237
Before you do this, do you enjoy memorizing every character in the game down to a science, to the point of frame rates for diferent attacks and strings? That's what fighting games are now. I'm done personally.

That being said, I like MKX but it's nearly dead. (50 online).
>>
>>378067397
I kinda do but i wouldnt pick a character based on that
id just pick my favourites/mains
>>
Just wait for tekken 7.

>>378067002
>Six years of 3s experience here

hyper fighting is superior and lolforhonor
>>
>>378067884
>SF2 superior in any way to any fighting game that isn't Karate Champ on NES
>>
SFV for it price is bad, if you can buy it for ~5 dollars you should be fine.

Injustice 2 looks like an overall better game, but it will have a shit-ton of DLC characters (already confirmed). So you just can buy MKXL and get all the content really cheap.

Skullgirls has a great tutorial, but honestly that's pretty much it.

Any other question?
>>
>>378067002

100 Years of Karate Champ experience here, don't buy For Honor OP.
>>
>>378067884
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK/Injustice have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
>>378066237
Go for SFV, it's actually good if you don't mind modes to play against the CPU, netcode works well most of the time, and can be found cheap now.

Also, it's a lot easier to find people playing if you are into multiplayer.
>>
>>378067884
>Just wait for tekken 7
Fuck no tekken is garbage
>>
>>378068207
t. Casual that played Tekken for ~20 minutes.
>>
>>378068207
Thats because Tekken is all about movement and high-risk, so is understandable if that doesn't appeal to the "technical dynamic flashy" stuff most of people like.
>>
>>378068207
And if you actually play fighting games you'd notice that the games with broken/novelty shit are the most played. This is why no one plays virtua fighter aside from japanese businessmen.
>>
>>378068531
>Tekken is all about movement
>Has far less movement than most other fighting games
>>
Skullgirls depends on you. Excellent game but it takes effort to learn, however it has a dedicated and very friendly community who are willing to help you learn.

If you don't want to learn and don't have anyone else to mash with online play will probably not be fun.

Skullgirls with all DLC is in this $3.49 bundle if you decide you're interested.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/best-of-indie-legends-bundle
>>
Skullgirls is awesome but you better learn how to block or you'll be dragged through 99 hit meme combos for most of the match
>>
File: PffZV18.gif (2MB, 1920x1152px)
PffZV18.gif
2MB, 1920x1152px
op just set up fightcade and play the classics. All the current fighting games are garbage.
>>
>>378069221
>https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/best-of-indie-legends-bundle

Is this one of those russian stolen key sites?
>>
>>378068856
>Virtua Fighter
>Not broken
>>
I fucking hate injustice 2's UI and graphics and EVERY SINGLE HIT on someone sounds like slapping with a wet fish. I hate the UI, the fighting does not seem that bad, but i would rather play MKX
>>
>>378069520
Not at all. Look into them, they're legit. It's just a sale thing.
>>
>>378069221
ty
>>
>>378069139
>walking
>Running
>fDash and bDash
>side-step
>wavedash
>character specific movement

You know nothing son.

>>378069520
No, Bundlestars is legit.
check isthereanydeal.com
>>
>>378069454
Says the retard who hasn't played them.
>>
>>378066237

Yes
All cons fuck NRS games
No, it's dead tier

Get Revelator 2 or Tekken 7.
>>
>>378066237
If you've got some buddies, Skullgirls is a great pick. Even after 3 years, my friends and I still play it pretty often. I personally can't speak for the competitive scene, but if you're just getting into fighting games, it'll teach you most everything you'll need to know about the genre.
>>
>>378068085
every fighting game has DLC characters whats the big fucking problem
>>
>>378066493
>>378067884

For honor is full of soul calibur fags actually
>>
>>378069983
>fuck NRS games
why
>>
>>378069870
So less than the vast majority of fighting games then

Also lol at you trying to list the same thing multiple times with different names.
>>
>>378070183

Terrible inconsistent illogical design decisions. If you're not in to learn and be challenged NRS games are fine.

Otherwise they're a bunch of incredibly skewed poor balance games.
>>
>>378066237
LZ has the potential to save fighting games but they waste it on waifus.
>>
>>378070386
What's unbalanced about Injustice 2 then
>>
>>378070354
Well then i guess all the different jumps/hops of KOF are the same? Retard.
>>
>>378070553

Dunno, I abstained from Injustice 2 because of MK9, Injustice 1 and MKX.
>>
>>378070646
What's unbalanced about those then
>>
>>378070386
>Terrible inconsistent illogical design decisions
what are they

>If you're not in to learn and be challenged NRS games are fine
why
>>
File: xDDD.jpg (43KB, 250x345px)
xDDD.jpg
43KB, 250x345px
SFV is bad because there's no characters. capcom is retarded when competition like tekken 7 and kofXIV are released with 30-50 characters.

it makes SFV seem broken because there are no counterpicks to what is strong right now. + there's the issue of lack of execution and 50/50's out the ass meaning any scrub can win at SFV.

In my fgc local everyone is switching to KOF right now. i'll be moving to tekken when it gets launched on steam and pplaying SFV every now and then when new characters come out.

everyone i talk to in my scene says that injustice 2 is dogshit btw, still havn't had a chance to pplay it myself but it looks ppretty bland.

So my money is either on KOF or Tekken for good fighters to play in the coming months.
>>
Injustice 2 is the fighting game of the generation so far. It would've been Guilty Gear Xrd, but it's too hard and literally no one plays online.

MK XL is a huge step up from 9, which I didn't like, but its online is dead right now.
>>
File: x sigma.jpg (667KB, 1210x540px)
x sigma.jpg
667KB, 1210x540px
SFV is bad in every aspect, from gameplay to presentation and content, but it's still the most populated game.
Injustice 2 has a lot of content, and is really casual friendly. Might be populated now, but NRS games usually die out very soon with monthly balance patches.
Tekken 7 is the usual 3D game. Too much shit to memorize before being able to play against people. It's visually really good, and everyone can mash and see cool stuff if you don't want to play it seriously.
GG might be too complicated to get in

My honest opinion to anyone who want to get into fighting games, is wait for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. It looks fun, with a low skill floor instead of skill ceilling, and is guaranteed to have a strong player base. But then again, I say wait because the graphics might turn you off, so better wait to see if it gets polished a bit.
>>
>>378069139
have you even played tekken?

the game is like 80% footsies and spacing
>>
>>378070863

what does 50/50 mean?
>>
File: niceheadcanon.png (62KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
niceheadcanon.png
62KB, 200x192px
>>378071128
>NRS games usually die out very soon with monthly balance patches
>>
File: 1453336225329.jpg (124KB, 797x593px)
1453336225329.jpg
124KB, 797x593px
>>378068519
>>378068531
>>378068856
>replying to pasta
>>
>>378071149

A situation similar to a coin toss. Shit grapplers do. You block expecting a hit, but get grabbed, or jump expecting a grab and get combo'd.
>>
>>378071149
basically you need to either guess or react to an ambiguous setup. this can be front/back block, high/low, normal/commandgrab etc. and good luck doing that online with a 4 frame buffer :>

The short of it is that SFV is a guessing game if you're not on the offense, it is a VERY offensive game, you NEVER want to block EVER. I like SFV to a degree but the design choices are frustrating.

the best example is when you play against say an ibuki or especially a balrog, you guess wrong when balrog has trigger and you literally lose 60%-70% of your health from one of the easiest to execute combos in the game. that's high/low balrog has no crossups luckily. ibuki and urien can do all sorts of nasty 50/50's. oh and laura. that's why those characters are top 5
>>
>>378070863
>there's the issue of lack of execution
OP, disregard anything this retard says.
>>
Smash is the only good fighting game.
>>
>>378071562
*Melee
>>
>>378071506

Blocking is still the best option though. Rather be thrown than eat a CC combo.
>>
nether realm games are dead in under 6 months, even on consoles
dont buy into the injustice 2 hype train, get it as a free psn+ game 6-10 months from now, like with injustice 1

SF5 is excellent fighting game that hipsters just shit on for having no story mode, because they are retards
>>
>>378066237
guilty gear or wait for tekken. sfv is trash and nrs are the only fighting game developer worse than capcom.
>>
>>378070863
>meaning any scrub can win at SFV
This is a much larger problem than people might think, it is so easy for someone to pick up a character like Balrog or Guile or other top 5 characters and win, there is no execution barrier to anything so if you try to play a character like Juri or Alex against these characters you're fucked, even if the other player is bad because the game is too easy.
>>
File: under night.jpg (61KB, 460x215px)
under night.jpg
61KB, 460x215px
it's not the best but it's pretty darn good
>>
File: 1494417629495.gif (3MB, 320x240px)
1494417629495.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>378071606
>>
>>378071631
yeah and get throw looped for 100% of your health. great. actually the best option in V is to always press buttons unless they show that they're going to crush counter, see them dash and be negative on a knockdown? spam that jab/short button bruv
>>
>>378071680
no they shit on it because it has no footsies, no execution, 5f delay and brain dead gorilla characters that win off guesses in neutral.
>>
>tfw want to play Injustice 2 just because SFV are disappointing me since release

I'm not a DC fag by any means, but Swamp Thing looks fun. Luckly, I don't own a PS4.
>>
File: Midknight.jpg (35KB, 259x403px)
Midknight.jpg
35KB, 259x403px
>>378066237
Emulate Eternal Champions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzErzPSAi-g
>>
File: I'm Terrible.png (233KB, 424x496px)
I'm Terrible.png
233KB, 424x496px
skullgirls and mortal kombat x are on sale right now on bundlestars
i just got them both today i hate my internet it gonna took 12 hours to download them
>>
>>378071770
>alex
alex is not a difficult character to play he's just bad. all i see alex players do is random mid screen specials and st.hp into command grab or st.mp.

But let's be real, NO character bar like ibuki or urien or some of guile is technically difficult in SFV, it's just a dumb game for newbies. it's still sort of brainlessly fun but it's not complicated at all which is a huge disapointment after what a success USFIV was.
>>
>>378071963
>little shitter pretending to be engaged in fighter meta by watching twitch streams and circlejerking on forums all day
go fucking die somewhere please
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>378072263
>second little shitter calling out first little shitter hoping no one notices him for being a little shitter
>>
Injustice or MK if you want something that's just fun to dick around in with friends

Xrd if you want something that gets more fun to play the better you get at it (but has a high learning curve)

SFV if you want something in the middle

Or wait for Tekken 7 if you want a 3D movement game
>>
>>378071134
>the game is like 80% footsies and spacing
No, no its not
>>
>>378072208
I know Alex isn't difficult that's my point, the game is dictated so heavily by tiers because the game is too easy and he's terrible compared to the top 5 so bad tier whores will beat good Alex players.

As an Ibuki main I can tell you her "advanced" setups are really not hard and only require a short amount of time in training mode to learn.
>>
File: missile.png (3MB, 2560x1280px) Image search: [Google]
missile.png
3MB, 2560x1280px
Dropped SFV a month ago, and didn't even played the CFN beta with Ed.
I miss Mika's boobs.
>>
>>378072613
nice argument friendo
>>
Whatever happened to Virtua Fighter?
>>
>>378072619
yeah i've recently started playing ibuki after getting pretty deep into urien, and the setups are easy when you don't have to hold charge in awkward timing. plus like...

doing st.lp>light headbutt loops is fucking crazy hard.
>>
>>378072789
They made it into a game in Yakuza 6
>>
>>378066237
yes street fighter v is that bad, don't let apologists trick you into getting it. injustice 2 is best because there will be more people online, both games are fun.
>>
>>378071134
>tekken
>footsies
Either you dont know what footsies means or you have never actually played tekken before
>>
>>378072263
im a competitive player, go to local tournaments every weekend and travel to majors across the country but ok.
>>
>>378072908

What is your higher placing on a major?
Not trying to discredit you, I'm not even the anon you quoted, I'm just curious.
>>
>>378066237
Get KOF14.
>>
Does anyone know what's new in the latest patch? I'm guessing cosmetics?
>>
>>378072816
Most of Ibuki's tech involves v-trigger and dashing to the other side, there are some fun variations especially in the corner but outside of learning v-trigger setups she's just as easy to play as any other character because of the low execution barrier.
>>
>>378073248
Do not do this, if you have to pick between KOF and SFV, SFV is the only choice.

If you've got the money and you're curious by all means go ahead and get both.
>>
>>378073513
Don't listen to him.
>>
>>378073513
KOF is better if you're used to games with difficult execution and like labbing a lot. + it has like 50 characters so there's loads of variety.
>>
>>378073238
It's really hard to even make it out of pools at the huge events! Highest I ever placed was probably fourth in kof13 at a regional. I'm not an amazing player or anything, just a decent one.
>>
File: travoltaconfused.gif (4MB, 426x213px)
travoltaconfused.gif
4MB, 426x213px
u all confuse me a bit
>>
>>378074104
>KOF14
>difficult execution
Not everyone has Angel's high execution requirement. In fact, a lot of KOF characters are shoto-ish.
>>
>>378066237
SFV is pretty good. Dunno I don't like NRS so I don't play them. Dunno I didn't buy Skullgirls for numerous reasons. Tekken and rev2 look good though.
>>
>>378068531
What's high risk about playing he top 3 tiered characters and juggling? lol

All fighting games are shit, but Tekken is definitely the worst.
>>
Melee is the only good modern fighting game
>>
>>378066237
Don't ask these questions on /v/. Very few people know anything about fighting games and most responses will be equivalent to shitposting.
/fgg/ is probably a better place to go, even with it's memes and tripfagging, because people there actually play fighting games.
>>
>>378074793
>Melee
>modern
>>
>>378069870
>>walking
>>Running
>>fDash and bDash
>>side-step
>>wavedash
>>character specific movement
hey bud, i think you're confusing Tekken with Melee.
>>
>>378074701
The only reason people don't like fighting games is because they're bad at them or scared of 1v1 competition.
>>
>>378074863
Debateable. I have fgg open in another tab right now and it's pretty fucking awful. He might be better off asking outside 4chan.
>>
>>378074863
>/fgg/
>even with it's memes and tripfagging
You forgot huge bias towards SF5.
>>
Am I the only one who likes Pokken? I just wish we had the fucking arcade characters
>>
>>378075009
It's awful because it's a general. There's lots of dicking around with the same people.
If you ask genuine questions you will get some good answers.

>>378075038
A lot of the shit the game gets is just a meme by now, so people sort of add a bit of a counterweight to that. Still, it's mostly just shitposting and you shouldn't take it seriously.
>>
>>378075242
I just think most of them don't really play fighters. If you banned anyone who hadn't played fighting games in the last 2 weeks or something it would lose like 50% of the posters or more.
>>
>>378074931
Or because they are games without gameplay that are rehashed constantly and routinely have shit online play and quitters.
>>
>>378075242
>A lot of the shit the game gets
You mean how they dickride it?
>>
im scared that i will just go with IJ2
but i really wanna play a fighting game that is long active and is'n too mediocre
>>
>>378075508
Games without gameplay? Nah that's something like skyrim. Good action games and fighters are the some of the deepest games out there.
>>
>>378075390
Well, it's like /v/, where no one really plays games.
Still, people there will be more helpful with questions like this than here.
Most people who talk shit about other fighting games are just memers who repeat what they've heard and don't really play or know much about them. It's pretty dumb how people think you can't enjoy different series, specially since skill tends to translate so well.

>>378075562
Go to any youtube video about SFV and you will see tons of people talking shit about the game. Mostly people that are probably not that into fighting games.
>>
>>378075771
Can't say that with Maximillian Dood
I kinda reli on his opinion .-.
>>
>>378071149
>>378071506
In SFV's case (in general, most fighting games have the same shit), depending on the character you and your opponent uses, it can be a 50% chance or an 80% chance that the guy on the ground is going to get fucked a second time as they stand up.
Anyone with an EX DP has an okay safety blanket, they keep it down to a 50% chance and actually put that guessing game on to the aggressive attacker, either the guy standing blocks the expected reversal DP and counters, or throws. Of course, if the aggressive player has any sort of strong okizeme setups like a lingering projectile (Dhalsim, Fang, Guile, Urien), a DP on wakeup isn't as hot.

Any character without such a wakeup option is utterly fucked and depending on the two characters, the one on the ground is going to have to choose between three to five different actions to take (block low, block high against overheads, tech throw, jump to avoid command throw, prepare for a complex defense against some oki bullshit that will likely involve blocking high, low and opposite directions).

Hell, you'd think they would actually be the ideal thing to escape these shit situations, but the majority of characters' V-Reversals are so shit that they don't get you out of the crap situation (even fucking you over more) if you use it. Ultimately the safest option is to mash your fastest normal to trade and return to neutral, the only loss to wakeup jab is someone timing a perfect meaty crush counter.

It's quite easy to lose a round after the first knockdown all because it's effectively a game of rock paper scissors in favor of the attacker, and you only need to pick wrong once or twice in these games where a simple combo is enough to take off more than a third of your health bar.
>>
File: 1495575793743.jpg (63KB, 671x1400px)
1495575793743.jpg
63KB, 671x1400px
>>378066237
>Is Street Fighter V really that bad?
Yes. Disregarding the gameplay the game is quite lackluster, i'm still waiting on that region filter.
>Pro/Cons of Injustice 2 in comparison to MKX
They are not that different besides the fact that injustice is the newer game but it will have shitons of DLC , not that it matters much.
I personally find skullgirls to be pretty awful but you can give it a go, you probably have to go out of your way to find matches by going on a discord channel or something.
>>
>>378075771
I was talking about how /fgg/ dickrides SF5 and talk shit about other games (well, except Arcsys I guess).
>>
>>378076461
And how good was MKX?
>>
>>378076465
That's what I mean. That shit is mostly just joking.
A lot of people there play a lot of different games.

>>378076461
>Disregarding the gameplay the game is quite lackluster
That's actually fair.
>>
So why is Injustice 2 bad exactly?

And don't say the gear system, that's turned off in ranked so that's whatever

Someone please explain
>>
>>378077326
NRS games play quite different to most traditional fighting games and tend to appeal to casuals because of gore (MK) and superheroes (INJ).
I don't really play them so I don't have an opinion on them. A lot of good fighting game players from other games play Injustice 2 still so if you like it, just go for it.
>>
>>378077326
its a good game capcom fanboys just want to hate on it they will hate on the next mortal kombat game to
>>
>>378066237
As far as movesets and UI go, yeah.

As for mechanics though, you mileage may vary. Hope you like rushdown and resets.
>>
>>378077598
i dont think street fighter played like tekken or skullgirls play like DOA so why is it bad here
>>
>>378077810
Tekken and DOA are 3d fighters, so that's something else entirely.
Skullgirls does play like a traditional fighting game. It's like Marvel.
>>
File: 1485743748589.jpg (78KB, 500x500px)
1485743748589.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
the only choice
>>
>>378077810
NRS games don't play like most 2D fighters (oldschool and airdashers included). It's a weird mix of 2D and 3D, like a 3D fighting game stuck on a 2D plane. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also stuff like frame data that doesn't work like in most games.

NRS games live it their own autistic world governed by Ed Boon's fighting game idealogies.
>>
>>378077810
A lot of the mechanics don't appeal to long time fighting players and the animations look off to some people.
>>
>>378078392
>>378078329
>>378077968
this tells me nothing
>>
>>378078682
Between those replies you really have a lot of information. I think you're just baiting at this point.
Read those again and then go watch some gameplay videos and see if you can make up your mind. Hell, even try out the games if you can.
>>
File: 1480511454640.jpg (133KB, 800x1143px)
1480511454640.jpg
133KB, 800x1143px
>>378078891
no the fuck i dont i play tekken and street fighter dont see the big fucking problem
>>
File: 1495576140283.png (468KB, 1049x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1495576140283.png
468KB, 1049x1400px
>>378076894
i'm playing gg way more just because of the single player content it has, also finding people to play online on the regular is really fucking cool, i just wished everyone stopped using johnny and sin, i literally never fought more than the same 6 characters in this game.
>>
>>378079067
I do enjoy singleplayer content and I agree that that is a good reason to complain about SFV.
Still, it's not the most important thing in fighting games, in my opinion.
>>
>>378079013
Well, if you don't fighters at all, if we actually start to explain thoroughly how NRS games are different, without basic knowledge of how other games work, you wouldn't understand anything anyway. Or are you expecting us to spoonfeed you how 2D and 3D games work?

So get out and play some fightans.
>>
>>378079510
you sound like you are looking for shit to hate about the games
>>
>>378079631
No one's been ripping on it. Saying it's fine but I don't like it is about as diplomatic as you can get.
>>
>>378079631
No one has said anything bad about NRS games in these recent posts explaining to you why some people dislike the games.
You really just need to learn about fighitng games in general if you want to understand anything about them and their differences. It's really not like other genres.
>>
>>378079947
>You really just need to learn about fighitng games
what the fuck dose this even mean
>>
>>378080092
Let's say you wanna git gud and mashing random buttons ain't cutting it. So in order to git gud, you gotta know about the game: matchups, movesets, frames, hitboxes, mechanics and, this is the most important part, the interactions between them.
>>
File: 1495577680737.jpg (125KB, 1280x1210px)
1495577680737.jpg
125KB, 1280x1210px
>>378079278
>Still, it's not the most important thing in fighting games, in my opinion.
I agree but the amount of content that game has blows my mind.

Can't wait for Rev 2 tomorrow, they also made the lobby search better so it is much faster now to go online.
>>
>>378080092
You're like someone who has never played grand strategy asking people to break down the differences between civ and crusader kings in a brief sentence. It's more complicated than that. Educate yourself, I'm not your dad.
>>
>>378080438
I'm thinking about buying it too, but I only have SIGN, so it's a bit expensive. Might wait for a sale on steam.
>>
File: 1494358471335.png (339KB, 502x873px)
1494358471335.png
339KB, 502x873px
>>378080414
>>378080459
get the fuck out of here
>>
>>378080913
Getting mad about not being spoonfed?

Here's a hint for you then: go watch some tutorials.
>>
File: Tina_Armstrong.png (126KB, 250x557px)
Tina_Armstrong.png
126KB, 250x557px
>>378066237
Dead or Alive V
>>
>>378080913
If you like Injustice so much just play it. Why the fuck are you asking for validation and then hating on the people trying to help you make up your mind?
>>
>>378081062
hay idiot like i said i play more that mk i play lots of fighting games you sound like a fool
>>
>>378078329
Not him, but can you explain a bit more?

Even fucking pokken has frame data and all the same fundamental and core mechanics as traditional fighters (aside from the phase shift mechanic, and grab teching not really existing with attacks beating grabs out instead, among a few other things), I have a hard time believing that the NRS games are somehow completely different under the hood
>>
>>378081231
this>>378081284
you fucks sound like you are hating on the games just to do it now its pathetic
>>
I want to get into KOF and GG, which ones should i play/start with?
I was thinking for kof 98,02,XIII and XIV, and for GG start with Rev 2 as it seems to be a better version of the original Xrd if i'm not mistaken
>>
>>378081284
>>378081376
Nice try. Last (You).
>>
>>378080652
well, it is a downloadable expansion but you can only upgrade it from revelator.

get a cheap copy of rev on PC and buy the digital download for 20 dollars or so.
>>
>>378081284
Well then, if you play MK and other fighters, surely you know how NRS games are different.
>>
File: 1483772473228.png (146KB, 396x335px)
1483772473228.png
146KB, 396x335px
>>378081573
not an argument and did you this this
>>378081287
tell me
>>
>>378082076
no tell me how they are different tell me come on i really want to know
>>
>>378082267
Dial a combo vs links for one. You can google that yourself.
>>
>>378082076
Stop replying to bait.
>>
File: 1478717385191.png (217KB, 298x358px)
1478717385191.png
217KB, 298x358px
>>378082432
>>378082448
so you have no argument and you cant tell me ok
>>
Why should i bother to play a fighting game when its community kinda instantly dies?
>>
>>378066493
>try to join game
>disconnect because ubisoft forgot what servers were
wow its almost like its another shitty and broken ubisoft game
If you want a medieval fighting game play chivalry or wait for mordhau to launch
>>
>>378082643
Get some friends and find groups to play with.
>>
>>378082815
can u recommend something?
>>
>>378082884
There are a bunch of games out right now.
SFV, GG Xrd, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, KoF XIV.
Depends on what you like. Watch some videos and learn a bit about the mechanics of each game and see which one interests you most.
>>
Maylay
>>
>>378082448
Don't tell me what to do.
>>
What is the best fighter for me if I'm a shitter and just want to mash buttons?
>>
>>378068207
This pasta never gets old
Could use a bit more flavor though
>>
>>378083647
all
>>
>>378083363
Enough.
>>
I miss the times when every ninja was just a recolored sub-zero; it was like a tradition, you know?
>>
>>378083647
Dynasty Warriors
>>
>>378083647
Marvel 2
>>
>>378066237
Give Killer Instinct a go. It has a free fighter every week so there's no cost to try it out.

The shadow lords mode is a pretty damn fun take on an arcade mode with roguelike elements, the netcode is solid as fuck and it's got a pretty good online population. The Win10 version has crossplay with Xbone players so you never wait too long for a ranked match.

Shadow lords multiplayer is pretty bullshit though. That mode boils down to use the guardian that gives you armor, play chief thunder, become unstoppable.

Season 4 of it is on the way with new fighters and in the interim they're releasing new versions of existing characters (so some recycled animations, moves, etc) but with different playstyles to their base character.
>>
>>378067397
is it dead on ps4 too?
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.