[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just got this on sale and need to know what the fuck am in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: aliens.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
just got this on sale and need to know what the fuck am in for?
>>
a tense game
play on hard
>>
>>378066163
a proper horror game, make sure you at least play on hard
and the best addition to the alien series in a while
>>
Like the other say, play on hard.

I wish I could recommend Nightmare difficulty because the motion tracker and flamethrower are more balanced. Sadly they ruin it with silly stuff like no hud.
>>
>>378066163
Repetitive hiding in closets for 15 minutes. The alien will be super scary at first and then just a fucking chore by the end. Play for a couple of hours until you get frustrated, because by then you'll have seen everything this game has to offer.

Would have been a much better game if it was about half as long as it was.
>>
The first three hours repeated for about 18 hours
>>
>>378068494
This

The game reaches it's peak in the medical bay
>>
A boring hide and seek/opening doors simulator.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (48KB, 601x650px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
48KB, 601x650px
A damn good game. I went into it with low expectation on release because of Colonial Marines and it ended up being my favorite game of 2014.
I'm also able to run it on Ultra settings at a constant 60fps on a 750ti.
>>
>>378066163

Where and for how much?
>>
It's going to feel really random and cheap at times, but that is also what makes it scary.
>>
>>378068756
Especially in the later part of the game, when the alien's patrol and actions feel totally RNG

>sitting in a locker
>alien walking around the room
>Need to hold my breath 3 fucking times in a row
>>
If you've played Amnesia the Dark Descent, you've basically played Alien Isolation, except Alien Isolation involves 100 times more door unlocking/opening and is way more boring than even amnesia, which is a huge feat to accomplish.

So many...fucking door minigames.
>>
>>378068951
>the perfect organism
>fucking wanders around the same room for 20 minutes ambling around in circles aimlessly
>still can't find a small child hiding in a fucking footlocker

real scary
>>
>Contrarian /v/ hates Isolation now.

Saw that coming.
>>
File: Baby 01 (1).jpg (29KB, 365x434px) Image search: [Google]
Baby 01 (1).jpg
29KB, 365x434px
>play game with microphone turned on
>hiding
>your phone rings
>>
>>378068710
humble bundle. $9.99 for main game and all the DLC
>>
>>378068494
this

got bored after the android lvl

the dragon alien was fucking awesome
proper pro old school giger shit

the saving the colonial marines squad was a let down because i though they were bad asses of the universe

and why hasnt anyone mentioned the multi leveled in depth crafting

and i dont know how to do the spoiler bar but
the robo suit end battle is fucking minted

also predator

why did no one mention these things yet
>>
>>378068951

There is a simple, small mod that removes the RNG parts and actually changes the AI behavior so that it's more natural and whatnot.

Google it and you'll find it
>>
>>378069596
I played on PS4 :(

>the motion tracker beep comes out of the speaker on your controller
>you cannot turn it down

consoles were a mistake
>>
>>378066163
the references are nice if you've seen the original movie

seriously the events are like almost a 1:1 replication of what ripley went through but slightly modified
>>
You play as a woman. It's a game for cucks.
>>
I don't think the game was too long but the pacing could have been better. Like instead of waiting ages until the nest reveal to bring the alien back, 'one' could appear at some point and leave Ripley wondering how that's possible.

They could have also handled the flamethrower better. It was tense at first when you just got the thing but you soon learn that stealth is pointless when you can hold the alien at bay with a few bursts as you keep it pointed at it. They should have either gave it counter tactics for that or introduced double aliens sooner.
>>
File: Alien Isolation Computer Console.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Isolation Computer Console.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>>378070013
>the references are nice if you've seen the original movie
This is the best part of the game. They captured the 1970's aesthetic PERFECTLY.

>you will never live in a retro future where everything is made of bulky off-white plastic and monochrome crt screens
>>
>>378069821
the shit you can't, its in the ps4 options not game
>>
i refunded it after like an hour of playing. it's probably great if you like that type of game, and it's atmospheric as hell. Just not for me
>>
>>378070464
You must've played on easy because the Alien definitely stopped giving a fuck about the flame thrower the more I used it
>>
>>378070829
>You must've played on easy because the Alien definitely stopped giving a fuck about the flame thrower the more I used it

It seems like it's based on what animation the alien is in.

Like if you try shooting the alien when it's getting ready to do a lunge attack, you can't interrupt it.
>>
File: alien_isolation1.jpg (40KB, 937x418px) Image search: [Google]
alien_isolation1.jpg
40KB, 937x418px
So I played the game, beat it, loved it yadda yadda.

Is the DLC worth it? Theres a few on the PSN and was wondering if its worth the price
>>
the second best entry in the alien franchise.
>>
>>378069586
predator? does he get mentioned at some point?
>>
>>378071219
I think it comes with the "Crew Expendable" DLC for free. It's fucking terrifying but it lasts about 15 minutes

>replay the air duct scene from the original Alien movie.

The other DLC looks like shit. It's literally "survival modes" which means you run around the campaign levels, but you're on a timer and interact with the random item that it tells you to.

>get to this computer here
>flip that switch there
>>
>>378070140
wow cuks btfo
>>
>>378069586
highlight what you want to spoiler and press ctrl+s
>>
>>378071967
test
>>
>>378066163
1 and a half hours of some of the best survival horror of the past 5 years, then 13 hours of the same shit you experienced for the first hour and a half.

Also a terrible story.
>>
File: 1493086040476.png (178KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1493086040476.png
178KB, 500x374px
>>378069472
>play game with microphone turned on
does this actually change anything
>>
>>378070657
>you will never live in a retro future where everything is made of bulky off-white plastic and monochrome crt screens
it was the late 80s/early 90s, you didn't miss much
>>
File: Old electronic brands.jpg (92KB, 612x154px) Image search: [Google]
Old electronic brands.jpg
92KB, 612x154px
>>378072681
I still miss it

>remember your dad taking you to the electronics department of a store like Ames or Hills

>Surrounded by VCRs, cassette player stereos, and camcorders
>The overwhelming smell of cheap molded plastic

I'll never forget it ;_;
>>
>>378072568
Yeah. NPCs can hear you.
If you make too much noise, the alien or androids can find you.
>>
>>378072241
You can get another hour or so of fun out of Crew Expendable and Last Survivor.

The game isn't worth full price for everyone but if you like the source material it's a no brainer at Steam sale prices.
>>
>>378066163
a 5/10 vanilla game and a 11/10 modded game
>>
>>378066163
An incredibly padded game. I liked the aesthetics, they really nailed the Alien atmosphere, look and sound. Amanda Ripley is pretty good also.

But when i hit my 12th hour i was thinking the ending was right around the corner. But it wasn't. It continued on for 8 more hours. Then the ending was literally right in front of me, then that faggot ass xenomorph threw me down a vent and i had to do 3 hours of backtracking to get back to where i was only to finally end the game.

They made this game faaaaaaaaaar longer than it should have been and there are some really glaring, obvious artifical lengthening going on.
>>
A tip. Try to stay on the move, hiding in lockers and waiting for him to fuck off will lower the amount of time you have to explore. If it walks past your room/area just get out and head where you need to. He won't double back unless you make noise and i dont think he randomly turns around unless he hits a dead end or decides to leave and looks for a ceiling vent. If you find the game to stressful there was a guy on youtube who deconstructed exactly how the AI works and motion sensor mechanics.
>>
>>378073098
This. I have amazing memories of Radio Shack when it mattered, Electronics Boutique, and CompUSA. It all felt like the future and fun and the hum of display dot matrix printers and flashy displays of FMV games was paradise. Thanks dad.
>>
>>378074083
Which mods make it that much better?
>>
>>378073098
Fucking Zenith. We used to have a 40" CRT tv and that fucker was heavy as my sins. I'm surprised it didn't fall and kill me as child.
>>
>>378074310
>But when i hit my 12th hour i was thinking the ending was right around the corner. But it wasn't. It continued on for 8 more hours. Then the ending was literally right in front of me, then that faggot ass xenomorph threw me down a vent and i had to do 3 hours of backtracking to get back to where i was only to finally end the game.
This shit is the worst. It's one of the only, and biggest, complaints I have about this game. At one point I was going for one of the collectibles and got stuck with the xeno in a side area and couldn't get past it, had to reload an older save which undid a couple hours of work. Such fucking bullshit, turned me off the game for months.
Would it have killed them to put at least a couple of autosaves in at some of the major points in the game? It's just not fun having to repeat sections you've already beaten, it makes it a chore.

Other than that, it's a 9/10 game easily, one of the best horror games I've played in quite a while
>>
Hide n' go seek with Aliens. Why the fuck didn't they make the guns more useful?
>>
>people actually used the lockers
>when you can just circle around a table and be completely invisible while having full view of where the alien is at
>>
File: AI 2017-02-09 23-33-07-34.webm (675KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
AI 2017-02-09 23-33-07-34.webm
675KB, 853x480px
This game was quite buggy at times.
>>
>>378076602
He just has a chestburster inside of him.
>>
>>378073737
WHAT IS THIS REALLY IN THE GAME!??!?!? THATS EPIC
>>
>>378075404
>muh aliens
kys. Alien should never be about shooting the xenomorph until it dies, it's about trying to escape an unstoppable killing machine. It's a terror game, not an action adventure one.
>>
>>378070464

I actually liked how long it took. When the game didn't end 20 minutes after shooting it out you knew it was coming back it just continually builds tension until it returns somehow then you get the cool reveal.
>>
Play on normal or easy. The alien hangs on to your dick for dear life on other settings and it becomes more annoying than scary.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.