[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft introduces game streaming site 'Mixer'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Mixer_logo.jpg (11KB, 340x242px) Image search: [Google]
Mixer_logo.jpg
11KB, 340x242px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJwnLdAfl3o

https://mixer.com/

Mixer comes with a "low latency" mode that allows for stream delays of under one second between the streamer and the viewer.
>>
>>378064283
I liked beam but I thought it needed more work/more users.
I just hope micosoft won't fuck it up and could bring in people. We can only wait and see I guess.
>>
If all it offers is low latency mode, it wont be enough to pull everyone off of twitch, they need to offer more for people to move away from Twitch's large userbase.
>>
>>378064283
What kind of fucking name is that? The name and logo makes it look like some dating site.
>>
>>378066114
Not OP, but I liked beam.pro
>>
Beam has been around for a while.

The no latency thing is not a joke, it's actually a little unsettling that someone can respond to what you type in chat the very instant you press enter.

It's really fucking weird and alien.
>>
If Microsoft was serious about beating Twitch, what they would need ot do is pay off a lot of large streamers to stream on mixer instead of twitch. Otherwise everyone will simply continue to use twitch, unless twitch fucks up somehow and pisses everyone off.
>>
>>378064283
Beam was pretty damn good, the low latency feature is really useful for playing something with a friend. I would get near instantaneous streams, no lag whatsoever. I only wish they added private streams so I could stream movies. Compared to twitch, beam/mixer is a direct upgrade it's really sad that twitch gets away with being mediocre for so long when other services innovate.
>>
>>378067023

Twitch fucks up constantly and pisses people off 24/7.

That won't do shit.

Twitch is like youtube. It's never going to get beaten by anyone no matter how hard they try.
>>
>>378067047

Other stream sites can offer whatever they want, but people will always go where the largest userbase is. Look at 4chan, it's garbage, but everyone still uses it, and even when there was a large exodus after gamergate, it still recovered and is the top dog again.
>>
>>378064283

wow you can take a selfie while you stream, that's an industry first
>>
Doesn't Twitch have a low latency mode or is it shit? Either way, this shit won't matter. It would be nice for small streams, but a lot of Twitch is thousands of people watching so it's not like they can respond to every comment anyway.
>>
>>378067023
They don't need to do that though, they can make their service the only way to stream on Xbox and Windows Store games.
Then all they have to do is sit back and wait as Windows 10 S forces their closed ecosystem over the next few years as the slow wheels of monopoly power turn.
>>
>>378067174
It's outdated, but it's nice to not need a user name and lacking fucking atrocious voting systems to censor shit. I hate the idea of posting a comment someone stroking their cock as they hit the downvote button instead of actually calling me out in the chance I did say something stupid. I never even bother with Reddit, Facebook, or YouTube comments.
>>
>>378067241

No twitch has always been trash when it comes to latency between stream and chat.

It's always been like 10+ seconds easily.

Nowadays you are lucky to get under 45 second delay honestly.

Beam's delay is literally non existent. It was actually scary.
>>
>>378064283
>Microsoft
no thanks
>>
>>378064283
Why the fuck doesn't Twitch have a low latency mode? What is the purpose of the 45 second delay?
>>
>MicroSoft
Immediately untrusted on all levels, including physical
>>
>>378067643

Probably cant afford it.

Do you have any idea how many people use twitch on a daily basis?

It's impossible for that site to have no delay.
>>
>>378067643
It does have a low latency mode, but I think it's just lower than the huge delay so maybe it's like 10 seconds instead. Experimental, or something.
>>
I remember one time we I was watching some twitch streamer streaming on beam because it was a naughty game that was banned on twitch (think it was hunniecam iirc.) The owner came to the stream since there was a big surge in viewers (average then was like 30-50, the stream went to 600 iirc) and he chatted with us. We ended up banning him for a laugh
>>
>>378067241
I stream for my friends so the delay is what makes or breaks the fun. Before when hitbox came out I switched to that because the delay was 5-10 seconds compared to twitch, when beam came out I switched and the <1 second delay is amazing for my purpose of playing alongside friends. For big name streamers yeah it might not matter too much, but for streamers where they want to interact with their chat it's a godsend.

>>378067643
No idea, out of all the streaming sites twitch is still the worst. They keep putting their focus on forcing ads down your throat and adding shitty cheer functionality rather than improving their service. Only recently did they start to add an interactivity feature which is cool, but mixer has been doing that for a while.
>>
The streams look really high quality, like they start playing right away when I mouse over some thumbnails. Is this going to rape bandwidth?
>>
>>378066652
BEAM ME UP
>>
>>378066114
m i x
i
x
>>
>>378064283
>Mixer

What a retarded name. Thought it was a music app or something. The top comment is definitely correct.
>>
>>378067241
>Doesn't Twitch have a low latency mode or is it shit?

Compared to Mixer, Twitch's """low latency mode""" doesn't even begin to compare.
>>
File: WED-01.jpg (268KB, 1432x805px) Image search: [Google]
WED-01.jpg
268KB, 1432x805px
>>378065930
It's a streaming service with an emphasis on viewer interactivity, including controls underneath the player that allows viewers to directly interact with the stream.
>>
>>378067370
>They don't need to do that though, they can make their service the only way to stream on Xbox and Windows Store games.

That will only backfire as streamers on Twitch and YouTube Gaming will revolt by either using a third-party streaming solution compatible with other services, or just stop streaming Xbox One games altogether. It will only hurt Mixer's reputation as streamers would reject it out of spite.

They should instead double down on advertising and outreach.
>>
>>378067108
They should make migration from Twitch and integration with gaming platforms as easy as possible and promote the mess out of that.
>>
>>378067108
Remember when people thought Internet Explorer's dominance was unbeatable? Now they're only a minor player in the browser market compared to the others, especially Chrome.
>>
>>378066114
I wonder what a dating website for gamers would look like.
>>
File: mixer-costream.jpg?itok=fgMLkoNK.jpg (131KB, 1200x651px) Image search: [Google]
mixer-costream.jpg?itok=fgMLkoNK.jpg
131KB, 1200x651px
>>378065930
Co-streaming

>Leveraging Mixer's industry-leading low latency, co-streams utilizing Mixer's faster than light (FTL) stream protocol will display in near-real time to viewers, providing a brand new perspective on cooperative streaming. Naturally, the implications for collaborative play and eSports spectating is huge, and because Mixer is connected directly to Xbox Live and Windows 10, it gives Microsoft a unique opportunity to get a leg up on Twitch.

https://www.windowscentral.com/beam-rebranded-mixer
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.