[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so terribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: w3.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
w3.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
What went so terribly wrong?
>>
GOTYAY
>>
Didn't we beat this to death already?
>>
Nothing.

Is the best RPG of all time.
>>
>>378061732
>Glitcher 3 best rpg.

ok
>>
>>378061864
Not an argument.
>>
>>378061864
There are like 3 different glitches. It's remarkably stable for an open world game.
>>
File: 1494803399838.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494803399838.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>
The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...

...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves. Its obnoxiously yawn inducing because the "investigations" you do are practically you just walking around in circles and spamming X so geralt can shove some more exposition down your throat. It lacks depth, challenge, player activity and more than anything else, longevity. It never evolves into anything more unique or interesting, and it persists through the ENTIRE 150+ hours.

The main quest is basically super mario in poland, where Geralt goes around picking flowers, herding goats and helping every bum under the sun just so he can get the usual message that "nah bro, I don't know shit senpai"

cont
>>
>>378062251
Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.
>>
>>378061584
horrid combat system
>>
File: rd.gif (4MB, 446x360px) Image search: [Google]
rd.gif
4MB, 446x360px
>>378062251
>>
>>378061584
Why does everyone here hate Witcher now? I just bought all 3 of the main series.
>>
>>378062436
butthurt witchercuck detected
>>
>>378062503
It's extremely popular, even here.
>>
>>378062609
I thought that but I've seen a bunch of people shit-talking them in the past couple of months.
>>
>>378062503
because it's a shit game and the only reason people liked it when it came out was the hype
>>
File: ERIDANSLUSUS.gif (79KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
ERIDANSLUSUS.gif
79KB, 650x650px
>>378062395
>Eredin
?
>>
>>378062680
Good story with horrible gameplay. Just read the novels.
>>
>>378061584
Alchemy is dogshit because of clunky menus. Other than that? Not a great deal.
>>
>>378061584
Nothing.

/thread
>>
your taste
>>
>>378062680
It's cool to be the double-contrarian on a site that is contrarian by nature already.
>>
>>378062721
Can you give non-spoiler-y reasons why?
>>378062832
Meh, I'm honestly the kind of person who can put up with any tedious bullshit to get a good story. I've got a Jap brain in that way.
>>
>>378062898
>Can you give non-spoiler-y reasons why?
>>378062251
>>378062395
>>
>>378062887
I do think /v/ is contrarian on a whole but it does attract those types.
>>
>>378061584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENb3lLSQho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBN6ObgHiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq90Bu23uTo

The soundtrack is absolutely BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>378063016
I agree, too bad the game is shit
>>
>>378061584
No Phillipa sex, no harem end.
>>
>>378063074
No, it isn't.
>>
>>378062993
*don't
>>378062978
I skimmed it and you gave away the name of the main villain which kind of turned me off (though I don't know the amount of that kind of thing's importance), but if that's the extent of it, I'll read the rest.
>>
>>378063342

>>378062251
>>378062395
>>
>>378063408
Nobody gives a shit about your autistic blog post, kill yourself.
>>
>>378062251
>>378062395
literally every single point is wrong. off yourself
>>
>>378062832
Not just good story. It also has the most beautiful world I've ever seen in a video game. Especially Beauclair and Skellige. Side quests are significant. Combat is fun although it lacks depth. Gwent is the best mini-game ever. It's just a comfy and feely game.
>>
Holy fuck this board is shit.
Why does everyone have to be a contrarian faggot here?
>>
>What went so terribly wrong?

It was universally praised.
>>
>>378063504
>I got BTFO hard and can't come up with any arguments so im just going to use meme buzzwords

typical mad witchercuck, kek
>>
>>378062395
>>378063394
Well, you gave away some pretty major elements that I had no idea about going in blind but hopefully I'll forget them because I'm a retard, lol.
>>
Making me rebuild my gwent deck on NG+
>>
>>378061584
Just shut the fuck up
>>
W3 wasn't really that great but the overall experience was positive. Managed to squeeze 192h out of my 70€ purchase.
>>
File: 1418983109052.jpg (32KB, 498x341px) Image search: [Google]
1418983109052.jpg
32KB, 498x341px
>>378061584
official witcher 3 review.

all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)

6/10 game. Had potential, wasted it.
>>
>>378062503
gee maybe now that everyones fucking played it is flaws have come to light oh but no its a perfect masterpiece 20/10
>>
>>378064015
Calm down, lol.
>>
>>378061584
Ciri is whore
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.