[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming would be better today, if the Dreamcast saved SEGA. Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: dreamcastxboxgamecubeps2.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcastxboxgamecubeps2.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
Gaming would be better today, if the Dreamcast saved SEGA.

Discuss.
>>
It would mean more competition, so yes. Because that's the only way to get a capitalist society to try and do good things for the consumer.
>>
The Xbox was a huge cancer

>made FPS and brown and bloom a standard
>made paying for online a thing and now all console makers do it
>kinect
>>
It would've just been Japanese interpretation of Xbox tbqh
>>
>>378052754
>made FPS and brown and bloom a standard
How, Halo was colorful
>>
>>378051563
Everything after sucked, what did the HD generation bring to the table except online?
>>
File: dreamcastcable.png (722KB, 851x777px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcastcable.png
722KB, 851x777px
>>378052851
>>378053059
if sega was still in the console market we would be playing with holograms by now.
>>
File: image.jpg (738KB, 847x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
738KB, 847x1020px
>>378051563
People need to stop blaming Sega's failures on other people. The Saturn tanking was Sega's fault, and then with the Dreamcast, dont give me that "PS2 ruined everything!" Ahit because they had a good 2 YEARS to find their feet and player base. Reality is reality and people voted with their fucking wallets,
Anything else is just revisionism. You can bet your ass the Dreamcast would have had all the normie shit you decry about that gen had they still been a major player.
>>
>>378052754
Xbox was totally cancer for starting competent internet gaming on console and adding competition to the environment
>>
>>378053059
>what did the HD generation bring to the table except online?
It also took away offline multiplayer in the process
>>
>>378053059
made wireless controllers standard
>>
>>378054128
That's the worst part for me, I don't play online much but now I can't play anything with friends because they don't have local multiplayer.
>>
>>378054505
yeah master fuggin gold standard lol
>>
>>378054530
>having friends
Fucking normie
>>378051563
Whenever the competition surpasses 3, some consoles die off. Each console after Genesis got progressively worse, so I'm not sure if losing Sega was all that bad, but who knows what path they would've takenl. No, I don't consider the CD and 32X separate consoles
All 4 consoles were solid, though. Best generation of gaming
>>
>>378054843
uh what?
>>
>>378053153
>pay-per-play
I threw up
>>
>>378055403
>its okay when arcade games did it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.