[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games that do night properly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: wownighttime.jpg (393KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wownighttime.jpg
393KB, 1280x720px
Are there any games that do night properly?
>>
dragons dogma

>tfw no oil for lantern
>>
>>378046714
WoW actually had very dark nights in the beginning, but they got rid of it with one of the expansions. Probably so you didn't realize how long you had been playing.
>>
>>378048258
except the real reason is that they broke their lighting engine and never fixed it. So they said it was intended.
>>
>>378048413
If that's true, that's fucking depressing. They used to have really talented programmers at Blizzard, I wonder what happened.
>>
>>378048576
>I wonder what happened.

WoW happened and they all fled the company to not produce yearly shovelware in expansions and patches.

It's why you had a bajillion games made by "real experts from Blizzard" around 2005.
>>
>>378046714
STALKER, in CoP moonless night was pretty much pitch black.
>>
>>378046714
Night in Terraria is a minor annoyance on normal mode, but on Expert mode venturing outside actually becomes really dangerous. It makes the game a lot more tense.
>>
File: 1342852499775.jpg (76KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1342852499775.jpg
76KB, 600x444px
Alan Wake.
>>
FFXV in terms of danger and actual darkness.
>>
Dying Light
>tfw you are out at night in nightmare mode and it sarts rainig
>>
File: 1471782481624.jpg (32KB, 627x318px) Image search: [Google]
1471782481624.jpg
32KB, 627x318px
Are there any games where I can turn the rules upside down?
>>
File: n.jpg (393KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
393KB, 1920x1080px
Gothic II
Several shades darker than Hollywood darkness but still playable.
Also, the AI has a day/night cycle so it actually feels like night.
>>
File: barrensscreencapt.jpg (79KB, 1279x682px) Image search: [Google]
barrensscreencapt.jpg
79KB, 1279x682px
>night barrens
>killing lions, zhevras, and raptors
>none drop the quest items
>you need fuckload of quest items
>pulling more than one results in guaranteed death
>have to sit and eat between mobs
>yet you somehow feel so at peace
How did they do it? Why was vanilla so comfy, despite being completely brutal to the player?
>>
>>378046714
>MoP enhancement shaman
i want to go back
>>
>>378054673

because you were a teen with too much time in your hands to sit through this shit when you played vanilla wow
>>
File: arma_report_encoding_1.jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
arma_report_encoding_1.jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
Arma 2/3, starry nights are the best.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.